Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

more otosser than obnoxious - airport yesterday. Straddled the line on a 2 space slot.

IMAG0019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

:rolleyes: A cycle lane:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I must wander up to the village some Sunday morning, Cabinteely gets overrun with people dumping cars everywhere for mass, double yellow, on paths, on corners, in bus stops, all within 30 seconds walk of a Garda station and not a thing ever done. I reckon I could collect over 50 at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

The last space in the car park, btw
    golf.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I must wander up to the village some Sunday morning, Cabinteely gets overrun with people dumping cars everywhere for mass, double yellow, on paths, on corners, in bus stops, all within 30 seconds walk of a Garda station and not a thing ever done. I reckon I could collect over 50 at the same time :D

Believe you me, if one car gets ticketed when someone is at mass, there'll be massive public outcry, Joe Duffy would have a field day, demonstrations, etc...
    To this day I cannot figure out why people who go to mass think they should park that way, but I have an idea:
    If the car they are blocking in is another mass goer, no problem.
    if it isn't, HA! Serves you right you heathen bastard!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

In jervis shopping centre
    09062011153.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

In jervis shopping centre

That balloon is fcuked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Please do. I look forward to it. Make sure to extend the radius of your survey to 30 seconds walk beyond the church...

98-D-31614.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

ALDI in newlands cross today. Absolutely shocked , (sorry i'm not shocked at all in this country...) at the 2 eejits parked the way they are. They're actually completly blocking an enterance/exit to the carpark

Some c***s are so selfish and to impose their stupidity on others, grrrrrrr :mad: makes my blood boil. Lazy bastards cant walk 2 seconds to the shop? There were loads of spaces but to block an enterance/exit is completly unbelieveable altogether.

Luckily there is another way in/out. Also only noticing the VW owner at this boot now. If i'd have seen him park there i'd have asked him to GTFO and park like everyone else :mad::mad::mad:

2a5iwjc.jpgdcuhq0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

A common complaint all over Ireland at mass time me thinks ..

denlaw wrote: »
    A common complaint all over Ireland at mass time me thinks ..

And school pick-up time. The scene below is at least a twice-daily occurrence at this and most other schools in the locality. This highly visible and constant abuse of pedestrian facilities is deliberately ignored by the enforcers. Children and their parents who walk to school must be social pariahs, or at least some underclass not worth bothering about.

Misc-Obnoxious.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Spotted this twofer in Lucan today. Wrong way around and taking up two spaces.
    (actually more like four if you look at how far back she's parked)

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=9764

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

milltown wrote: »
    Spotted this twofer in Lucan today. Wrong way around and taking up two spaces.
    (actually more like four if you look at how far back she's parked)

Whats the wrong way around? Parked like a plonker but reversing into a space is perfectly fine(if you can keep between the lines :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

shinikins wrote: »
    Whats the wrong way around? Parked like a plonker but reversing into a space is perfectly fine(if you can keep between the lines :p)

I'm guessing from the photo the car park is a one way system and the angled spaces are designed to be driven I to and reversed out of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm guessing from the photo the car park is a one way system and the angled spaces are designed to be driven in to and reversed out of

What he said.

I know it's just the OCD pedant in me, but it bugs the barry white out of me when people drive through to the next space in those "herringbone" car parks. Not least because the type that do it are the type that need to make a 9 point turn to drive "straight" out because they're kind of facing into the oncoming traffic. Or, just as often, drive the wrong way up the one way system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I'm guessing from the photo the car park is a one way system and the angled spaces are designed to be driven I to and reversed out of

Why would you want to reverse out, when you have very restricted visibility of what's happening around you, as opposed to reversing in, where you have a good view of what's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Why would you want to reverse out, when you have very restricted visibility of what's happening around you, as opposed to reversing in, where you have a good view of what's going on?

If its a supermarket (and it looks like it is), those angled spaces are great - especially if coupled with a one way system. if you reverse into a spot, its a pain to get to the boot to load up your shopping. Reversing out of such spaces is easy and with a one way system you've only to look over one shoulder.

regardless, how that person got out of their car, looked back and thought 'yip, that'll do fine' is completely beyond me.

Reversing out of such spaces is easy and with a one way system you've only to look over one shoulder.
    Unless of course there are kids or pedestrians around, as they don't generally bother with 1-way systems.

Unless of course there are kids or pedestrians around, as they don't generally bother with 1-way systems.

its still fine - I havent hit anyone yet (nor has anyone else as far as i know). You just take your time and check over your shoulder, use your mirror, general common sense stuff that any driver does before taking off.

you should change your username to pedantic pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

What if you hit someone while reversing in :P

you should change your username to pedantic pat.
    Seems a bit strange that those who moan about people reversing in aren't attacked for being pedantic, but there you go.
    its still fine - I havent hit anyone yet (nor has anyone else as far as i know). .
    It's not unusual for kids to get killed in car parks.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/teen-mum-stunned-after-car-crushes-tot-88871.html
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0718/rta.html
    http://www.goreyguardian.ie/news/heartbreak-of-little-rays-tragic-death-wexford-stunned-as-three-year-old-killed-in-car-park-accident-817496.html
    You just take your time and check over your shoulder, use your mirror, general common sense stuff that any driver does before taking off.
    Dub XV wrote: »
    What if you hit someone while reversing in :P

Any advanced driver training programme would include a reverse-in drive-out policy - see http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Vehicles_at_Work/Driving_for_Work/Tadhg_Crowley_Presentation.pdf for example. When you are reversing in, you have a clear view of the surroundings. If you try to reverse out, you don't have a clear view of the surroundings. It's that simple really.

Seems a bit strange that those who moan about people reversing in aren't attacked for being pedantic, but there you go.

It's not unusual for kids to get killed in car parks.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/teen-mum-stunned-after-car-crushes-tot-88871.html
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0718/rta.html
    http://www.goreyguardian.ie/news/heartbreak-of-little-rays-tragic-death-wexford-stunned-as-three-year-old-killed-in-car-park-accident-817496.html

Any advanced driver training programme would include a reverse-in drive-out policy - see http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Vehicles_at_Work/Driving_for_Work/Tadhg_Crowley_Presentation.pdf for example. When you are reversing in, you have a clear view of the surroundings. If you try to reverse out, you don't have a clear view of the surroundings. It's that simple really.

In an ordinary car park yes, reversing in is the better and safer option and its easier to get out of the space.

However, the car park in question (and my local supermarket one which i referred to), is specifically designed for people to drive forward into the spaces and reverse out easily. People who try to reverse into such spaces generally make an arse of it.

Go find one, try it out and come back to me. :cool:

What a load of arse.
    Forward, reverse, whatever works for you.
    Can we have more pretty pictures now?

I
    Go find one, try it out and come back to me. :cool:
    Yeah, funnily enough, I do get out from time to time, and yeah, I've seen and used these angled spaces. It's just a different angle - no big deal when reversing in, and still great visibility, that you won't have when reversing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What a load of arse.
    Forward, reverse, whatever works for you.
    Can we have more pretty pictures now?

Most definitely!

94-LD-794.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

^ Chrishhht, the rust-worm wasted no time jumping down and infesting that metal cover :eek: :D:D

And the car seems to be full of rodents as well...

• Advertisement

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    And the car seems to be full of rodents as well...

Them Corolla's are like cockroaches, pretty sure they could withstand a nuclear blast as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement