Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Images of Obnoxious Parking taken from StreetView. The housing development is in Portlaoise and is based on the Essex Design concept, which tries to make streets more pedestrian and child friendly. One of the ways this is done is to minimise on-street parking and place it instead between and behind houses.

The first photo shows a "parking court" typically seen in the Essex Design. There seems to be only one car parked in it. The second photo (of the street immediately adjacent) shows what some people think of the concept, of parking laws and of pedestrian friendly notions.

EDI-Ireland1.jpg

EDI-Ireland2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

This chump blocked me in at Lucan Filling station so he wouldn't have to ambulate from the parking areas. Kind bloke behind saw what was happening and reversed to facilitate.
    Edit: - The guy parked between and to the front of the cars filling up. Knob.
    IMAG0020.jpg

Basically abandoned by a young woman in Rathfarnham.
    IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg
    There was plenty of room for parking properly/considerately. The man in the Avensis reconsidered after he saw me taking pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Carrickmines, disabled parking bays, no permits on the Mini or the Merc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    94-LD-794.jpg
    Awww, isn't it great that a Galway mother who stuff the back window with stuff toys for kids have very little regards for Kids and other parents who walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Since I first noticed this thread a few weeks back, everytime I have been in a town or in a car-park of some sort I am constantly looking for bad parkers :o

I mean it's beginning to take the boredom of walking from the car to the shop!

Thanks guys! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Rathfarnham shopping centre, again........

img0220et.jpg

img0219o.jpg

Every car that came through the entrance, including myself, had to maneuver around this yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The merc is no better.

Nice coloured Corolla though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Rathfarnham shopping centre, again........

Every car that came through the entrance, including myself, had to maneuver around this yoke.

That whole carpark is a joke. I never park there, unless it's empty. I'd park down towards the Topaz garage away from all the madness if i had too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That whole carpark is a joke. I never park there, unless it's empty. I'd park down towards the Topaz garage away from all the madness if i had too!

I'm forced to park at the Topaz because the ramps are a nightmare :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

milltown wrote: »
    Spotted this twofer in Lucan today. Wrong way around and taking up two spaces.
    (actually more like four if you look at how far back she's parked)

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=9764
    That's great parking, if you're a pilot.
    Maybe she is one, and centered her car on, well, autopilot? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I must wander up to the village some Sunday morning, Cabinteely gets overrun with people dumping cars everywhere for mass, double yellow, on paths, on corners, in bus stops, all within 30 seconds walk of a Garda station and not a thing ever done. I reckon I could collect over 50 at the same time :D

Speaking of mass dumping of cars, here's a bunch of Catholic Obnoxious Parkers (COPs) today, obstructing footpaths, a traffic-calming pinchpoint, a junction (and out of sight round the corner a bus-stop).

This occurs every Saturday evening at 18:30 and on Sundays at 10:30, 13:00 and 18:00. Less likely, but still possible, on other days. How do I know this? Because the mass times are advertised. And if I know when the obnoxious parkers are going to be there, then -- oh never mind.

COPs1.jpg

COPs2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They will go to hell for that. All their church going will be for nowt. :D

Yakuza wrote: »
    That's great parking, if you're a pilot.
    Maybe she is one, and centered her car on, well, autopilot? :)

Pilot.... I like it. Very good.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

f4e5bfe7-a8ed-4b3a-909d-092652dd9cbd.jpg

baaf6240-f794-49d7-8f70-858e237c9045.jpg

Was in place for at least 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I was in Boyle, Roscommon, two weeks ago. Lovely people. Oh, and there was a perfectly legit
    space right behind him.
    01.jpg

The Guardians of the Peace, and all things lawful, were great too, until they parked on a corner,
    over double yellow lines and opposite continuous white line. Now, they weren't called out to an
    emergency, they were just ... parked. Just in case anyone thought otherwise.
    02.jpg

My home town. Nothing out of the ordinary here, with the locals just parking where they see fit,
    on a bend with double yellow lines, obstructing a laneway view.
    03.jpg

shudda tried to get more of the W202 into the last pic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

E39MSport wrote: »

That car is moving, its a thread about badly parked cars and it looks like a common old c class:confused:

dell1211 wrote: »
    That car is moving, its a thread about badly parked cars and it looks like a common old c class:confused:

Okay then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Two more from the north...

bad_parking_012.jpeg

bad_parking_013.jpeg

• Advertisement

I was in a moving vehicle [not driver this time] so didn't have time to line up the shot.

... winky winky wink wink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Two more from the north...
    bad_parking_013.jpeg
    Parked, Like-a-boss

... winky winky wink wink :)

Last of the digression, promise :)
    No winky. When I'm driving, my "camera" is in video mode, in a cradle, taking video evidence of sh!te drivers. I usually only take pictures when I walking [usually to/from my MR2] or as a passenger in another car. Always on the lookout for an obnoxious road warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kinseydub

Found this jem parked at the new Tesco in Balbriggan .

XgnYu.jpg

vR3FW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

^^

Fookin' crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

kinseydub, Try to make your pics a bit smaller in future.

Nice spotting though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

kinseydub wrote: »
    Found this jem parked at the new Tesco in Balbriggan .

http://i.imgur.com/XgnYu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vR3FW.jpg

seen a gentleman clamped in the upper carpark there last week for parking in a disabled spot, roaring abuse at a young lad who was collecting trollies, he saw me laughing at him as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Another Maynooth Tesco douche, 99-LK-7302

WP_000278.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Long way from home :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement