Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Killinator wrote: »
    Couple from Roxboro shopping center across from Bank of Ireland:

This really annoyed me, This.....:mad:person:mad:.......in the Focus(thats her going back to it) pulled into the space at an angle making it impossible to get out without tapping the car on the right and shuffling against it to get out.........the car on the right is my car:mad::mad::mad:
    She knew I saw her ding it(luckily it was the door handle which didn't mark) and with the look I gave her she was a hell of alot more careful geting back in then she was getting out!
    DSC00051.jpg

I could have spent an hour documenting the bad parking in that car park!

It's beacuse of gits like her that some people decide to use two spaces... rightly or wrongly..

Myself I just park away from everyone or at the side of the roadway typ spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Iwannahurl wrote: »

02-W-976.jpg

I knew I'd seen that car before, but couldn't think where, then had it came to me, it's for sale here:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/5-series/5-series/bmw-5-series-for-sale/614825

Is that up beside Knocknacarra Church op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

got sealed in by this eejit today
    163241.jpg

and all the space they had to make their epic parking maneuver
    163242.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

I have seen this too... You park all by itsself and someone decides they need to "sheep park" you??? Like their car is lonely or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

one2one wrote: »
    @milltown: "I'm now resorting to keeping a supply of youparklikeanasshole.com sheets, with double sided sticky tape attached, in the bottom of the buggy. And once both sides have been peeled off that tape,all that's left is a nightmare "

Would this not be considered Criminal Damage? Feel like doing it myself but surely marking a vehicle isn't right!

What is it with you people that are worried about what happens to people`s car`s when they park them like gobsh1tes??
    I go out walking with my son in his pram and ANY car that`s blocking me or half on a foot path that makes a tight squeeze I plough through it, more so on the side of the car then a wall/bushes, if there car gets scratched then tough, not my problem.
    There`s no way in hell I`m going on to the road into traffic just to get by, because some poophead could`nt be arsed to find a proper parking spot.
    You mods can go on and cover your own arses but when your in that situation, can you honestly say you`d go onto the road into traffic with a pram??? NO you would`nt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

lewis wrote: »
    What is it with you people that are worried about what happens to people`s car`s when they park them like gobsh1tes??
    I go out walking with my son in his pram and ANY car that`s blocking me or half on a foot path that makes a tight squeeze I plough through it, more so on the side of the car then a wall/bushes, if there car gets scratched then tough, not my problem.
    There`s no way in hell I`m going on to the road into traffic just to get by, because some poophead could`nt be arsed to find a proper parking spot.
    You mods can go on and cover your own arses but when your in that situation, can you honestly say you`d go onto the road into traffic with a pram??? NO you would`nt.

Got to agree with you. The safety of a person is much more important than any car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

If anyone wants to take umbrage with me sticking something on their window, I'd be happy to offer to wait until the Gardaí arrive and watch them get their fine for illegal parking.

Generally I'll just leave it under the wiper in the hope that they get the message. The double sided tape is saved for the real pr1cks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

milltown wrote: »
    If anyone wants to take umbrage with me sticking something on their window, I'd be happy to offer to wait until the Gardaí arrive and watch them get their fine for illegal parking.

Criminal damage can hurt more than a parking fine.

Your right though. Even if one in every five made somebody taken note of what they had done it could be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Col200sx wrote: »
    I knew I'd seen that car before, but couldn't think where, then had it came to me, it's for sale here:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/5-series/5-series/bmw-5-series-for-sale/614825

Nothing escapes the eagle-eyed OP thread regulars.

:D>>>>>>

BMW-parking-assist.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

I cant see how Sticking Something on someones window is "Criminal Damage" ?
    if so wouldn't Private clampers have no right to put that sticker on yer driver window? Or even public ones for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is criminal damage if it cannot be removed easily.

It is criminal damage if it cannot be removed easily.

Like a car from a footpath. There ain't no justice...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Parking on a footpath...

Second picture shows what is undoubtedly better than "park anywhere flashers"

Merbhp wrote: »
    Parking on a footpath...

Second picture shows what is undoubtedly better than "park anywhere flashers"

Let me guess its parked outside a chipper??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

si_guru wrote: »
    It's beacuse of gits like her that some people decide to use two spaces... rightly or wrongly..

Myself I just park away from everyone or at the side of the roadway typ spaces.

I'm scared to park anywhere near other cars around the city. Like other posts mentioned here, you park in the middle of nowhere and you come back and a bloody car is parked beside you.

I don't agree. Because of the lack of garages in most houses in Ireland you have no choice but to park on the footpath if there are several car owners in the household.

I'd rather take over the whole footpath before some twat passes and scrapes the whole side of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I don't agree. Because of the lack of garages in most houses in Ireland you have no choice but to park on the footpath if there are several car owners in the household.

I'd rather take over the whole footpath before some twat passes and scrapes the whole side of the car.
    Are you actually trying to defend this, or just admitting to behaving selfishly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

you could park on the road? not their fault you dont have a garage. pedestrians have right of way on footpaths, not cars. thats very selfish.

If cars parked off of the footpaths on either side of the road, 1 car would barely fit between them.

This is the case in most roads in estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

If cars parked off of the footpaths on either side of the road, 1 car would barely fit between them. This is the case in most roads in estates.

So your car is more important than the safety of the people you're forcing to walk on the road? Nice attitude there. I take it you have no problem with this post then?
    What is it with you people that are worried about what happens to people`s car`s when they park them like gobsh1tes??I go out walking with my son in his pram and ANY car that`s blocking me or half on a foot path that makes a tight squeeze I plough through it, more so on the side of the car then a wall/bushes, if there car gets scratched then tough, not my problem. There`s no way in hell I`m going on to the road into traffic just to get by, because some poophead could`nt be arsed to find a proper parking spot. You mods can go on and cover your own arses but when your in that situation, can you honestly say you`d go onto the road into traffic with a pram??? NO you would`nt.

btw does your house have neither a garage nor driveway? I haven't seen many estates in Dublin like that.

• Advertisement

You`ve got to be sh1tin me!!

So we should walk out into on coming traffic to get by just because YOU don`t have a garage or driveway?
    Would you ever go and sh1t.
    Your must`nt own a big fancy car because you don`t even have a driveway or garage, so you must have a 1.1 Nissan shoe box, with a Subaru spoiler with matching gold hubcaps, with a lovely green grass colour of a car, apart from your passenger door which is probably white from being replaced by hitting someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Then people who park like that should have their car lifted and crushed. The footpath is just that, a footpath. A carpark is for cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

@everyone - Attack the post, not the poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Moar Pictures needed!

Met this in the very busy car park beside Heatons in Blanch yesterday

I drive a big yoke so I shall park like I want.
    IMAG0193.jpg

And I love this one. This isnt actually parking just more How to abandon your vehicle
    IMAG0194.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

-Chris- wrote: »
    @everyone - Attack the post, not the poster.

I know it's attack the post and not the poster but seriously hope I come across that guy with my tank of a double buggy trying to block the footpath when I'm out walking with my two one day, he'll move pretty quick sharpish if he doesn't want the side of his car scrapped to bits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Have no problem with sticking them under the wiper, usually does the trick. Damaging a vehicle is wrong no matter what they done. Thats their pride and joy most likely, they've (usually) worked hard for it. I know parking on footpaths is a disgrace, and I hate it too, but if anyone tried damaging my car because of it, I would make sure they were charged.

"I know it's attack the post and not the poster but seriously hope I come across that guy with my tank of a double buggy trying to block the footpath when I'm out walking with my two one day, he'll move pretty quick sharpish if he doesn't want the side of his car scrapped to bits... "

That post is a joke! Your threating to damage his car if he blocks you? Thats morally wrong and illegal. Again, I agree, you should not be made walk out onto the road, as I certainly wouldn't either but damaging a vehicle is too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

one2one wrote: »
    Your threating to damage his car if he blocks you? Thats morally wrong and illegal. Again, I agree, you should not be made walk out onto the road, as I certainly wouldn't either but damaging a vehicle is too far.

Deliberately damaging would be but if someone parks illegally, what alternative is there? My safety comes before the paint on a car.

Moar Pictures needed!

I tried!

• Advertisement

Moar Pictures needed!

Most certainly, Your man in Havana.

Two for the price of one, in fact.

Twofer-2.jpg

Note: I liked someone's earlier reference to "my tank of a double buggy". Wish I had one of those, purely for self defence of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement