Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Go in to any Tesco car park and you will see same type of parking. Also, the special needs in tescos is usually both sides of the footpath, hope I didn't catch you out there...

Sadly only on one side in Tesco Kilrush, nice try though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

star-pants wrote: »
    Saw two people in Nutgrove Shopping Centre this morning, 95% of the parking spaces were free, but some dude in a jag pulled up across 3 disabled spots so he could go to the ATM, another person did the same about 20 mins later.
    Just laziness.

That`s what I like to call "Big Car Syndrome" it`s a very common idiocies, the bigger the car the bigger the ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

lewis wrote: »
    That`s what I like to call "Big Car Syndrome" it`s a very common idiocies, the bigger the car the bigger the ignorance.

Excellent theory :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I didn't get a picture, but there was a guy (a slimy scumbag, late 20's stockbroker or estate agent looking tw@t) standing with his new Audi TT and two equally slimy looking mates in the Blanch shopping centre car park next to TGI Fridays scratching his head looking at the big yellow clamp on his wheel for parking in one of the few disabled spaces in the 3/4 empty car park.

to say I was fecking delighted would be an understatement. :D

my dad is in a wheelchair and is forever having issues getting a parking space, so it was immensely satisfying to see one of these feckers getting (at least a little bit, minus the beating :D) getting what was coming to them.

I actually went back to the car with some shopping with the intention of getting a picture, but he'd managed to get it taken off and had gone by the time I got back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

a8a77490-307c-4b50-9926-04f0839c5b89.jpg
    Obstructing the pedestrian crossing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why park in one of the many, many empty spaces in a car park when you can abandon it at the end of a row of properly parked cars , in a driving lane of a car park?

There are always cars parked like that there so it seems to be accepted. But when the car park is empty.....

The disabled space is just behind it at the front of the Vectra of it and the other day a well built guy about 6'2 got out of a Mondeo with a baby seat and seemed to be well able to walk just fine in to the hospital. Just aswell the poor guy didnt have to walk an extra 5 metres from all the emoty spots.

67148411.jpg

Just to prove it wasnt a fluke, he was back the next day:

59624536.jpg

Lidl, New Nangor road Clondalkin. Since the bakery has been built , taking up 8 or so spaces near the door, some folk feel they should still be able to park that close , even if it means parking blocking cars from driving around the car park.

24734237.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Why park in one of the many, many empty spaces in a car park when you can abandon it at the end of a row of properly parked cars , in a driving lane of a car park?

There are always cars parked like that there so it seems to be accepted. But when the car park is empty.....

The disabled space is just behind it at the front of the Vectra of it and the other day a well built guy about 6'2 got out of a Mondeo with a baby seat and seemed to be well able to walk just fine in to the hospital. Just aswell the poor guy didnt have to walk an extra 5 metres from all the emoty spots.

[URL]=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/67148411.jpg[/URL]

Just to prove it wasnt a fluke, he was back the next day:

[URL]=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/808/59624536.jpg[/url]

Ah the Coombe! The only time I've ever seen that carpark empty is at night time when all the daddies are gone home! Bit of a pain in the ass alright... But give the man a break, he was going to collect his newborn ;) Maybe on a bit of a high and didn't realise it was a disabled space.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

January wrote: »
    But give the man a break, he was going to collect his newborn ;) Maybe on a bit of a high and didn't realise it was a disabled space.

If only they had a big Blue sign with a picture of a wheelchair on it that would be right in front of you at the end of th ebonnet when parking...........:)

Something like the one that can bee seen off to the right of the Vectra above maybe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

January wrote: »
    Ah the Coombe! The only time I've ever seen that carpark empty is at night time when all the daddies are gone home! Bit of a pain in the ass alright... But give the man a break, he was going to collect his newborn ;) Maybe on a bit of a high and didn't realise it was a disabled space.

Ah but he did say in his post that the two pics of the focus were taken on two seperate days that removes the fact he was rushing to be at the birth or to pick up the child and shows hes just a general obnoxious parker;). Either that or plain stupid and didnt realise were he was parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

Westgrove Hotel, Clane.

006fw.jpg

I wonder if this cretin is even capable of tying his own shoelaces?

• Advertisement

Westgrove Hotel, Clane.I wonder if this cretin is even capable of tying his own shoelaces?

The hotel should clamp his ass!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

The hotel should clamp his ass!!!

Why? Suppose the person came in late in the evening, didn't see the (faded) H.Cap lines on the ground, and assumed to park facing the same direction as (what seems) everyone else in the car park. It looks like the pic was taken early in the morning.
    Just a thought, but it is very possible. Not everyone wants to park like an asshole. Perhaps they genuinely didn't see the lines late at night?

cadaliac wrote: »
    Why? Suppose the person came in late in the evening, didn't see the (faded) H.Cap lines on the ground, and assumed to park facing the same direction as (what seems) everyone else in the car park. It looks like the pic was taken early in the morning.
    Just a thought, but it is very possible. Not everyone wants to park like an asshole. Perhaps they genuinely didn't see the lines late at night?

That`s what headlights are for, plus there`s bound to be lights in the car park also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

would agree, it is more down to bad layout he instinctively parked in same direction as the other cars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Also possible there was frost or snow on the ground when the car was parked. Lots of frost on the nearby rooftops !!

Ken

Yeah I suppose, there was probably a hurricane while he pulled in, then a sand storm, he also saw a UFO....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Yeah I suppose, there was probably a hurricane while he pulled in, then a sand storm, he also saw a UFO....:rolleyes:

Wow !! Never thought of that !! :rolleyes:

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Westgrove Hotel, Clane.

006fw.jpg

Ahh here , ffs ..

It looks like its a commercial van, another reason for it not to be there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

BhFeh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

taxiLidl.jpg

Taken at Woodies/Lidl in Tallaght yesterday. Another lovely feature was the two fat mothers who had parked their MPVs in both of the disabled access spaces right in front of Woodies so their kids wouldn't have too far to walk into the shop... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Tabnabs wrote: »
    taxiLidl.jpg

Taken at Woodies/Lidl in Tallaght yesterday. Another lovely feature was the two fat mothers who had parked their MPVs in both of the disabled access spaces right in front of Woodies so their kids wouldn't have too far to walk into the shop... :mad:

whats wrong with that, can you not see he is a taximan?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'll let the jury decide on a scale of 1 -> 10 how obnoxious this is...

vanpark1.jpg

vanpark2.jpg

(He purposely parked up on the path so as not to stick out onto the road btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah but he did say in his post that the two pics of the focus were taken on two seperate days that removes the fact he was rushing to be at the birth or to pick up the child and shows hes just a general obnoxious parker;). Either that or plain stupid and didnt realise were he was parking.

Ah but's he not talking about the dude in the focus... he's talking about someone who parked in the disabled bay to the right of the vectra and he didn't get a pic of it :) The focus is downright obnoxious, and knowing how busy that car park can be and how nice the security are in the Coombe when it was full the day I was leaving with my newborn they let my partner park in the staff car park while he was collecting me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Maybe some of the people featured on here should take heed of this video.

Can't get it to embed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Fey! wrote: »
    Maybe some of the people featured on here should take heed of this video.

Can't get it to embed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Westgrove Hotel, Clane.

006fw.jpg

Is the car in the foreground parked on the roundabout, or driving blind?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A worthy effort.....

251032_10150227571589491_740514490_7031247_3341150_n.jpg

Childers Road, Limerick yesterday.

Its the A-Team`s mother van, lol, or a top covert Irish government mobile high thick unit....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Its the A-Team`s mother van, lol, or a top covert Irish government mobile high thick unit....?

Looks frigging awesome,he'd be struggling to fit that into one space anyway :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement