Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Looks frigging awesome,he'd be struggling to fit that into one space anyway :D

That's no excuse for taking up 5! It's probably have fitted in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

testicle wrote: »

In fairness it's not as if there was a shortage of spaces in the car park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

testicle wrote: »

If that's the long version only by cutting a bit off.
    Three I'd say and if anyone parks in front and behind, you're fooked.:D
    Parking that thing will always be a problem, if I owned it I wouldn't bring it to the supermarket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lustrum

In fairness my folks have a camper and would often find the quietest part of a car park and park across the space, but not at an angle like this lad.

If that's the long version only by cutting a bit off.
    Three I'd say and if anyone parks in front and behind, you're fooked.:D
    Parking that thing will always be a problem, if I owned it I wouldn't bring it to the supermarket though.

But where else do you get your groceries when you're on holidays??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Lustrum wrote: »
    In fairness my folks have a camper and would often find the quietest part of a car park and park across the space, but not at an angle like this lad.

Normally you see them park in two spaces length ways too. Easier to get out if somebody parks beside on either side of you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Lustrum wrote: »
    But where else do you get your groceries when you're on holidays??

He'll need one of these::D

t2_car_carrying.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

At the Omniplex, Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick,
    This was there for longer than an entire movie as it was there before I went in and after I came out from Senna,
    Extra points for parking infront of an emergency exit:eek:
    DSC00052.jpg
    The Renault behind must have seen it parked there and said "I'll have some of that".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

They're always parked there. And on the hatched lines outside the Tesco doors!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

slinky2000 wrote: »
    [SARCASM]I suppose there is a shortage of free parking spaces at the crescent[/SARCASM]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

They should just give in and make them normal spaces at this stage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They don't sticker your car or clamp your car in the crescent so why bother obeying their rules because there is no fear of recourse.

Anyway I always park in the underground and specifically the newer section because there are 2 areas with no white lines that I park in. You get loads of room(no lines) kind of like the strange section(albeit 20x bigger) like Mahon Park S/C in Cork.

On a busy evening/day I will go down to the underground, turn right, turn left drive right down to the back wall, turn right and just before you turn right again to drive up along by the entrance to the S/C there is a space to the left. It has no lights or line markings and can fit 1.5 cars. Smashing place to park with no fear of door dings. :D

The yellow hatch things. I never understood why they did that. They are/were smashing spaces. Only thing I could ever think of is because there is no pedestrian crossing from one side of the car park to the hatched area so they assume people will sue the pants off them if their stupid family/friends walked out under a van or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

They should just give in and make them normal spaces at this stage..

Perhaps they should clamp or tow them, rather than give in to OPs.

By way of contrast, I know of two car-parks at retail centres situated opposite each other on a busy road used by lots of shoppers in cars, on foot and on bikes. If you park your car legitimately in either location but subsequently walk across to the other shops, you risk being clamped. The release fee is €100.

Mind duly boggled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I came across this ungrateful lad and I could`nt believe my eyes, he should be banned from the raod.....he can`t park for poop....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

lewis wrote: »
    I came across this ungrateful lad and I could`nt believe my eyes, he should be banned from the raod.....he can`t park for poop....

Does anyone else's eyes hurt looking at that photo? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Does anyone else's eyes hurt looking at that photo? :(

It's just a CSI:Miami shot

RangeR wrote: »
    It's just a CSI:Miami shot

What`s a CSI: Miami Shot?

I was wondering why there was a chalk outline shaped like a person...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Damien360

I had to post this. These guys managed to park but decided it was fine to dump their rubbish out on the ground as I was looking. 3 lads in there mid twenties who could'nt be bothered putting their rubbish in a bin.

Tesco newbridge

19062011139.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

yes terrible indeed :mad: but nice parking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I had to post this. These guys managed to park but decided it was fine to dump their rubbish out on the ground as I was looking. 3 lads in there mid twenties who could'nt be bothered putting their rubbish in a bin.

Tesco newbridge

^^ Now that's obnoxiousness.

Damien360 wrote: »

Tesco newbridge

Driver window appears to be open slightly....

• Advertisement

lewis wrote: »
    What`s a CSI: Miami Shot?

2010.jpg

[QUOTE=RangeR;72915776[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!

That wheel was my wheel, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

2qx44mb.jpg

Difficult to get past this one on the footpath but,

2jdowvr.jpg

flippin' impossible to get past this one without going into the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fencedin

no pic but this morning i was in a car park in a hurry. No spaces but a broken down truck being fixed had 4 spaces taken up. fair enough but when they were finished no sign of moving so i asked him he said five mins as he was apparently waiting for someone. there was one space that to park in would have blocked the truck getting out and this was not available first as the truck cab was tilted forward

i was in a hurry so when he did not move i drove into that space got and locked car. then he said he would move so i reversed out of the space he did move. and i gave him a wave to acknowledge but he had the snot on him .... apparently cos he cannot take over the carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Killinator wrote: »
    At the Omniplex, Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick,
    This was there for longer than an entire movie as it was there before I went in and after I came out from Senna,
    Extra points for parking infront of an emergency exit:eek:
    DSC00052.jpg
    The Renault behind must have seen it parked there and said "I'll have some of that".

I'd say the driver was an arsonist but not a manslaughterer, in that when he set fire to the building, he didnt want the occupants to burst out thru the emergency doors and run straight under a passing car....figures dunnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Beer Baron wrote: »

The yellow hatch things. I never understood why they did that. They are/were smashing spaces. Only thing I could ever think of is because there is no pedestrian crossing from one side of the car park to the hatched area so they assume people will sue the pants off them if their stupid family/friends walked out under a van or something.

Same reason there's zig zag lines for 5 meters before and after a zebra crossing. Children and wheelchair users can't be seen.

Also if a car is parked on the cross hatching the cars in the two lanes have to swerve slightly to get past, this also means they can't see a child approaching the crossing. I can an accident waiting to happen everyday. Funny thing is it isn't an issue in the stores in Britian, just in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

BB i have seen people getting stickers on their cars in the crescent twice this year for parking in the hatched areas.

I also park where you park in the Crescent (seems a good few wide spaces down that end)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/

Check out this gem...!!!!:D:D:D:D

164524.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Damien360 wrote: »

Tesco newbridge

You could fill a 16gb memory card of stuff ike that in th eMill centre in Clondalkin. The amount of scumbags just eating McDonalds and flinging the lot out the window is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Double L plates to prove how crap it is at driving. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement