Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Double L plates to prove how crap it is at driving. :pac:

Loo Lah.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Probably has none on the front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

No Blue Badge on display:

04-CE-738.jpg

Absolutely fair dues to the Garda officer driving the patrol car pictured below. Just after I took this photo, he did a u-turn, stopped alongside this line of OPs and made strenuous efforts to deal with each and every one of them, even to the point of entering a few of the premises to find the offenders. Fair play, is all I can say, and thanks.

About-to-pounce.jpg

Words fail me:

Random-Act-of-Kindness.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    No Blue Badge on display:
    04-CE-738.jpg
    Wheres the fire hydrant? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Victor wrote: »
    Wheres the fire hydrant? :D

H from steps final resting place? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Words fail me:
    6JEc.jpeg

Random acts of kindness? WTF? Is kindness backwards where he comes from?

Blocking pathways, causing obstructions and generally being a douche....

<jimRoyle> Kindness my arse! </jimRoyle>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Damien360 wrote: »
    I had to post this. These guys managed to park but decided it was fine to dump their rubbish out on the ground as I was looking. 3 lads in there mid twenties who could'nt be bothered putting their rubbish in a bin.

Tesco newbridge

Scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Random acts of kindness? WTF? Is kindness backwards where he comes from?

Blocking pathways, causing obstructions and generally being a douche....

<jimRoyle> Kindness my arse! </jimRoyle>

You just beat me to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Absolutely fair dues to the Garda officer driving the patrol car pictured below. Just after I took this photo, he did a u-turn, stopped alongside this line of OPs and made strenuous efforts to deal with each and every one of them, even to the point of entering a few of the premises to find the offenders. Fair play, is all I can say, and thanks.

What did he do when he found them - asked them politely to move? Zero enforcement is (part of) the reason people park like this. A nice big FPN in the post would remind them next time they think about parking like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Came across this today.

Look at the road markings. They've gone from perpendicular to parallel parking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

godtabh wrote: »
    Came across this today.

Look at the road markings. They've gone from perpendicular to parallel parking

That'd confuse the shit out of me in fairness

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The lines are burnt off well and good and replaced with parallel parking with signs about the place.

Its probably not clear in the photo but in the two weeks its been done this is the first time I've seen this

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

In fairness, the old lines are still clearly visible. Add in a car already parked nose-in and I can see how people could make the mistake. A bit dozy maybe, but I wouldn't really call it obnoxious myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

godtabh wrote: »
    The lines are burnt off well and good and replaced with parallel parking with signs about the place.

Its probably not clear in the photo but in the two weeks its been done this is the first time I've seen this

Badly needed to be done there too!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Badly needed to be done there too!

It used to cause some bottleneck. I knew to avoid it after a couple of weeks working in Ballsbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I've seen this on Shelbourne Road and to be fair the burning off of the lines and the repainting is a totally half arsed job. Typical of the standards of road maintenance in the country in general I'm afraid. The lines should have been taken off better, what remained should be painted grey or black and the new line should be a lot thicker. Looking at it you realise why potholes that are filled in reappear again after a couple of months. No excuse for the dozy parking though.

Agree with godtabh, it only needed a van like a Sprinter, a LWB Merc or someone who couldnt be bothered to pull up to the kerb to park there and chaos ensued, crazy that it took them that long to get it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

that barking cat on that .link is amazing too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Tallon wrote: »

Thats nuts, although a couple of years ago I was in Milan and saw a guy do the same only he was in a Maserati Quattroporte bashing a Fiat and a Lancia out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Must be on here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

PinkFly wrote: »
    that barking cat on that .link is amazing too!!
    I know http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72930751#post72930751

lol, that's where I found it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I seen a twit in a Volvo V70 do something very similar one evening on O'Connell Street in Limerick. I was standing on the steps outside Rooney Auctioneers and this guy pulled up across the road to park but there was nowhere near enough room to do so. He decided to reverse into the space anyway, up against the car behind him. He then car pushed the car behind him back a good three feet which in turn hit the car behind it, that's when he spotted me and my friend looking at him at which point he took off up the road. We reported him to the Gardai but I doubt much was done about him. I've seen the car a few times since parked quite obnoxiously.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The handbrake must be sh1te on that car he pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

The handbrake must be sh1te on that car he pushed.

From having lived in France, where I'm pretty sure think clip is filmed thats fairly standard practice. Its perfectly normal to nudge someone forward or backwards there, everyone does it in the bigger cities, so you rarely leave your handbrake on if the car is parked on the level. Admittedly that guy was pretty rough with the car in front.

Living in Marseille, parking meant:
    1. Leave the handbrake off (so someone can nudge you)
    2. Open the glovebox (so they can see theres nothing in there to steal, so they therefore won't smash the window)
    3. Remove radio (if you even have one)
    4.(some people) Leave the door unlocked (so they won't put the window in).

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Was out in MALAHIDE tonight down by the scout den. A woman ( not that gender matters ) was parked in the disabled spot. She arrived back to find the boys in blue loading her car onto a flatbed truck :D
    What a pleasure to see .... I've a close relative who is a genuine wheelchair user , so to see the Guards doing this is fantastic ..... First time ever I saw this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

towger wrote: »
    Was out in MALAHIDE tonight down by the scout den. A woman ( not that gender matters ) was parked in the disabled spot. She arrived back to find the boys in blue loading her car onto a flatbed truck :D
    What a pleasure to see .... I've a close relative who is a genuine wheelchair user , so to see the Guards doing this is fantastic ..... First time ever I saw this happen.

Yes, great. Trouble is most disabled spots are on private property (supermarket carprks, etc.) where AGS have no jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Seasoft wrote: »
    Yes, great. Trouble is most disabled spots are on private property (supermarket carprks, etc.) where AGS have no jurisdiction.

Yes. You are correct unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When you say he stopped alongside these cars, do you mean he blocked a traffic lane or parked the squad car on the footpath as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

164527.jpg
    164528.jpg

164529.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

snubbleste wrote: »
    When you say he stopped alongside these cars, do you mean he blocked a traffic lane or parked the squad car on the footpath as well?
    /FACEPALM

The Guards are *exempt* from the RotR in the course of their duties. Is that really a difficult concept to grasp?. I'm sick to seeing snide references to AGS vehicles parked in "illegal" ways. THEY'RE NOT BREAKING THE LAW. Accept it and move on.

The drivers of that squad car you see in a disabled bay may be investigating an aggavated assault /robbery in a shop or some other place nearby. It's not for you or I to comment on these things.

If they had to follow the same road rules as everyone else then chaos would ensue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement