Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

4 spaces used. No need to exaggerate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

He is parked in 4 but I think the poster was hinting at not all 6 spaces could be occupied safely now. I doubt the driver could drive straight out if cars parked in the spots he's partially occupying

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Parkway shopping centre yesterday at 12PM.

Seriously I could have spent hours taking pictures but was waiting for "erself" to get the trolley when I spotted this.

IMG_0077.jpg

There was a guy in a Silver Audi who was really badly parked who spotted me and said "I'd better move before you take a picture of me as well" - See him in the background.

LOL If you are on boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Berty wrote: »
    Parkway shopping centre yesterday at 12PM.

Seriously I could have spent hours taking pictures but was waiting for "erself" to get the trolley when I spotted this.

I bet he just didn't want to get dinged by the familymobile alongside.. personally if I see a babyseat in the back (which I have as well) i move on to the next spot... there is nothing so deep as the dent from an angry mum/dad loading a cranky baby into the back of the car..... it's happened to me a few times... not impressed...

Anyone think the dimensions for carparking spaces are just too small for cars?

CarMuppet wrote: »

They can be. In some car parks, like Sligo, they have spaces for Compacts which is normally full of stupid women in people carriers because it happens to be on the ground floor and near the door. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

;)
    CarMuppet wrote: »
    I bet he just didn't want to get dinged by the familymobile alongside.. personally if I see a babyseat in the back (which I have as well) i move on to the next spot... there is nothing so deep as the dent from an angry mum/dad loading a cranky baby into the back of the car..... it's happened to me a few times... not impressed...

+100000000000

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sometimes you can arrive to park with the current cars parked badly. You have no choice but to position yourself 'badly' between (assuming no other spaces available), you come out an hour later, the other two cars have moved on and you find your car on boards looking like a plank.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

slave1 wrote: »
    Sometimes you can arrive to park with the current cars parked badly. You have no choice but to position yourself 'badly' between (assuming no other spaces available), you come out an hour later, the other two cars have moved on and you find your car on boards looking like a plank.

that ole chestnut...;)

seriously though..its happened before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

image0170.jpg
    your man reckons that people can walk all the way around this roundabout, by the way he had "superman" seat covers which explains a lot :)

superman :

6b5783d8.jpg

and another one in Arklow co. Wicklow

f0229a85.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

marious wrote: »
    image0170.jpg
    your man reckons that people can walk all the way around this roundabout, by the way he had "superman" seat covers which explains a lot :)

How did Superman even get there? Did he drive in through the No Entry sign, or reverse in on the wrong side of the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Fecking ejit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Berty wrote: »
    That's perfectly acceptable because he has an orange beacon on the roof. :rolleyes:

And he's a builder. We all know that parking rules (double yellows, cycle lanes, clearways, pavements etc) don't apply to builders at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

And he's a builder. We all know that parking rules (double yellows, cycle lanes, clearways, pavements etc) don't apply to builders at all.

Same goes for taxi drivers/police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

if the spaces are too small then park a bit further away from the entrance to the shopping centre so you'll have room on both sides.

I don't mind a little walk to save my car's side panels and bumpers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Parking on a corner

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Parking on a corner

Quality.
    I actually laughed at how bad that is

Its one of those pictures where you tell yourself that it could not be parked that it must have broken down and the owner can be seen franctically running around tyring to get it towed or fuel or whatever then you realise what country you are in and go "Yeah its parked".

What a long sentence, :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

That's what I thought at first, must be broken down, but it's been parked there for every morning for the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Parking on a corner

Do you not mean "Parking in the vague vacinity of a Corner"?

At least they've left room for a cyclist to go up the inside and not have to deal with main line traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Bretzel.jpg

Parked in Dun Laoghaire Harbour a few months ago. Tried to be smart and use the motorcycle parking area (way up on the footpath) and didn't buy a parking ticket so got clamped for his efforts.

The owner could just pick it up, bring it home and worry about the clamp in the comfort of his kitchen table.

Dyflin wrote: »
    Parked in Dun Laoghaire Harbour a few months ago. Tried to be smart and use the motorcycle parking area (way up on the footpath) and didn't buy a parking ticket so got clamped for his efforts.

I hope they just clamped him cos its a Gheewizz (or however its spelt)

typical in mahon shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Must get a photo of my neighbour in the morning - he has parked his transit about 4 foot away from the kerb opposite my driveway - so I can't get in or out (narrow road). He doesn't do it when I'm driving the work van (bullbars :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

If there were adequate parking available, I think there would have been less of this business around.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    If there were adequate parking available, I think there would have been less of this business around.

If there were less of this business then there would be more adequate spaces.

T-Maxx wrote: »

in many (if not most) of the photos, there seems to be lots of parking around. Its just laziness and ignorance, not due to lack of spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I was actually referring to the last few examples, but you are right as well, a lot of it is simply down to lazy ignorant and selfish eejits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

how about this one?

2rc62a0.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement