Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

-Chris- wrote: »
    Jesus, we're back in the circular obnoxious Garda parking discussion...

No problem with posting those pics, but would it be reasonable to ask that we agree that whenever we're posting a picture of an obnoxiously parked Garda vehicle (official or private) that's in the vicinity of a Garda station, we state in the post whether we brought this to the attention of someone in the station?
    -Chris- wrote: »
    This thread is far too often being dragged off in frustrating circles as someone spots a badly parked Garda vehicle and then the "what if they were responding to an emergency/what gives them the right to park anywhere they want?" argument ensues.

It's not good for the thread and it's not good for our sanity.

Can we please not get into this again?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Just another muppet, parked perfectly straight but couldn't be arsed to use just one space. No excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Tazium wrote: »
    Just another muppet, parked perfectly straight but couldn't be arsed to use just one space. No excuse.

There is an excuse (just not a useable one) - he/she has a nice shiny car and appears to keep it well and then doesn't want some inconsiderate sod to park close and open their door on it. Those cares don't take scratches well. My neighbour did it to me 2 days ago, aaaahhhhhh!!!!

Irish car parking spaces are either designed for small cars or for higher revenue from more spaces... Compare our spaces to american spaces- you could park a bus blindfolded over there.

I tend to park in the far corner of the car park to avoid other drivers. Irish people really don't give a toss about doing this to other cars- I see it all the time in carparks.

I'd actually pay a little more for a wider space!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

There is an excuse (just not a useable one) - he/she has a nice shiny car and appears to keep it well and then doesn't want some inconsiderate sod to park close and open their door on it. Those cares don't take scratches well. My neighbour did it to me 2 days ago, aaaahhhhhh!!!!

Irish car parking spaces are either designed for small cars or for higher revenue from more spaces... Compare our spaces to american spaces- you could park a bus blindfolded over there.

I tend to park in the far corner of the car park to avoid other drivers. Irish people really don't give a toss about doing this to other cars- I see it all the time in carparks.

No, in above its just ignorance or stupidity. Space's in Dundrum centre are generous enough and if they wanted to protect their car then they could have just stuck it in close to the support column to the right; which is same as I do when parked in there.

No excuse for the way they have parked - I have often been driving around in there looking for a space on a Sat afternoon and I get directed, using their spaces available system, to the "1" space available and find some cnut like above parked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

No, in above its just ignorance or stupidity. Space's in Dundrum centre are generous enough and if they wanted to protect their car then they could have just stuck it in close to the support column to the right; which is same as I do when parked in there.

No excuse for the way they have parked - I have often been driving around in there looking for a space on a Sat afternoon and I get directed, using their spaces available system, to the "1" space available and find some cnut like above parked there.

I share your position against these sort of things but also have some understanding when someone doesn't want their car scratched/ dented. If people were more careful with their doors, there would be less of this going on.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I have on occasion actually squeezed into the small space left on the right for two reasons.

Firstly as there is no where else to park and secondly to punish the ignorant ****er for parking so poorly.

I returned once to a very annoyed driver who couldn't get into her car. I said I didn't care and that it wasn't my problem that she couldn't park in one space.

And I agree with whoever said the spaces in Dundrum are a reasonable size

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

At times I would squeeze in too just to irritate the crap out of the other driver. Dundrum spaces are grand size wise. The reason American Spaces are so much bigger is because there cars are so much bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

+1 Shameful that we have to park over in a corner to try avoid getting the sides of our cars lashed out of it. If some people had a little, just a little respect for other peoples property then we'd all be better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Tazium wrote: »

I think he was trying to blend the car into the red in the ground, thinking that know one would see him..

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

cant blame him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

4662D067EFF8419484EE26D137CBCD21-0000316522-0002393636-01024L-684F58C9385A40C8BA35360CD406891B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You "think" that is bad.

Try hitting up Shop Street in Galway during loading hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

That RR is a remnant of Obama's visit.
    Can we park here? - "Yes we Kahn".

First post to this thread.

IMAG0157_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Looks like a fine house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Pure ignorance in Midleton.

IuvfK.jpg

...and laziness. :-P

sHZjd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I fancied a chipper dinner yesterday. Some soakage before the beer garden. There was one space in the carpark, barely. I took that spot. Unfortunately, by me taking that spot, it was a tight squeeze to get into the car on left. Went into chipper. As I entered, a women left. I ordered my food. Had a feeling, so walked outside the chipper and down to mu car. Saw this same lady freaking and climbing in through her passenger side. Nicest chipper food ever.

01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

RangeR wrote: »
    I fancied a chipper dinner yesterday. Some soakage before the beer garden. There was one space in the carpark, barely. I took that spot. Unfortunately, by me taking that spot, it was a tight squeeze to get into the car on left. Went into chipper. As I entered, a women left. I ordered my food. Had a feeling, so walked outside the chipper and down to mu car. Saw this same lady freaking and climbing in through her passenger side. Nicest chipper food ever.

well if she cannot park that toy car!!!!!!! i woulda been pissin meself laffin at her something rotten:P:D

Lidl laziness. This 'space' is never empty.

SekUt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I was in Lidl here in kildare, its only a small car park, I parked on the end of the parking spaces and while I was in there I saw this ole couple driving a big Audio, park beside me on the road, for the way in, he did`nt make it easy for other who where coming in, so any ways they hop in there car and for some reason he did`nt want to use the way out exit, so he does a U-turn in the car park and goes out the way you come in, while in the process making another car that was coming in move out of his way.

I can`t stand people who think they own the planet cause they drive a big car, it boils my nuts even more when its some posh ole folks, they know fine well what there doing, just lazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Please Dont Park Too Close To My New Car!

17062011690.jpg

Check Mate! The Red and Blue cars were unoccupied as was the VW in front of the Grey Kia and this was the only way in and out of the Parking Area.

17062011688.jpg

You Cant Be Serious?
    21062011691.jpg

Emptied The Shopping From The Boot, Left It For 24hrs!!

11062011683.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

a humpty numpty at Lidl Athy today.
    blocking a disabled space and parking just randomly in the middle of the drive way around the car park.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/8149/164788.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/8149/164789.jpg

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

jebus
    how do i resize to a smaller image for the attachments/

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

rameire wrote: »
    a humpty numpty at Lidl Athy today.
    blocking a disabled space and parking just randomly in the middle of the drive way around the car park.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/8149/164788.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/8149/164789.jpg
    rameire wrote: »
    jebus
    how do i resize to a smaller image for the attachments/

I've changed the pics to links instead.

Alter the size before you upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That 11 D Silver Focus is an Enterprise rental. I doubt they give a sh*t, hence the parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Naas on Saturday....

164840.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

164841.jpg

164842.jpg

164843.jpg

Carlow on Saturday evening in the seven oaks hotel. If anyone knows the hotel, this person is parked on the corner of a yellow box which allows access to the rest of the car park. Not only had they used two spaces but the rear end of the car was outside of the space making it difficult to get around them later on when the car park did fill up; making them a truely selfish obnoxious parker.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    164841.jpg

164842.jpg

164843.jpg

Carlow on Saturday evening in the seven oaks hotel. If anyone knows the hotel, this person is parked on the corner of a yellow box which allows access to the rest of the car park. Not only had they used two spaces but the rear end of the car was outside of the space making it difficult to get around them later on when the car park did fill up; making them a truely selfish obnoxious parker.

hey , its a beemer , he/she can park where ever the fvck they like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

164851.jpg

Owner parked it up on Parnell Street (outside the Woolshed) with the hazzards flashing and strolled across into Penneys. Not only is he blocking a lane of traffic but he's also blocking the cyclelane at a junction. A cyclist would have to swing out past his car while trying to keep an eye on the traffic turning right onto Parnell Street from Jervis Street.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement