Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Owner parked it up on Parnell Street (outside the Woolshed) with the hazzards flashing and strolled across into Penneys. Not only is he blocking a lane of traffic but he's also blocking the cyclelane at a junction. A cyclist would have to swing out past his car while trying to keep an eye on the traffic turning right onto Parnell Street from Jervis Street.

They're also stopped and parked on double yellows and in a clearway. Next time that happens give DSPS a call on 6022500 or DRTCC a call on 1800 293949 and ask them to tow it away. Probably won't happen but it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Owner parked it up on Parnell Street (outside the Woolshed) with the hazzards flashing and strolled across into Penneys. Not only is he blocking a lane of traffic but he's also blocking the cyclelane at a junction. A cyclist would have to swing out past his car while trying to keep an eye on the traffic turning right onto Parnell Street from Jervis Street.
    markpb wrote: »
    They're also stopped and parked on double yellows and in a clearway. Next time that happens give DSPS a call on 6022500 or DRTCC a call on 1800 293949 and ask them to tow it away. Probably won't happen but it's worth a try.

Double yellows? Check!
    Cycle lane? Check!
    Junction? Check!
    Blocking lane? Check!
    Clearway? Check!

The rarely-sighted 'five in one'! Bonus points also for doing so to pop into Penneys for a new pair of underpants or whatever. Such proudly obnoxious parking takes many years of practice and we need more on this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

but he has his hazzards on, doesn't that mean he's not in the wrong? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

markpb wrote: »

Didn't happen - is that not a Jed Clampet van passing in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Merbhp wrote: »
    Didn't happen - is that not a Jed Clampet van passing in the background

Well spotted

*le sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

denlaw wrote: »
    hey , its a beemer , he/she can park where ever the fvck they like

But it's a bimmer!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

EC345319100B4668B446590449F5E648-0000343778-0002398545-00800L-CCAF475F0EB943698BECC5976EC5C24E.jpg

In the mill shopping centre today. Could not belive what i was seeing.
    Some crazy people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

wush06 wrote: »
    EC345319100B4668B446590449F5E648-0000343778-0002398545-00800L-CCAF475F0EB943698BECC5976EC5C24E.jpg

But it is inside the white lines!!!

Nobody said which white lines. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

And what happened to him/her?
    A million quid and my left nut says "not a bloody thing"
    And I bet he/she parks like that on a regular basis.
    Why?
    Because nothing ever happens.
    Inaction by the authorities condones and enables that type of behavior.
    Maybe I should start dumping my car randomly, seems I'm going to all that trouble of finding a spot, parking properly and paying for it for absolutely nothing.
    So now will just jump on the brakes no matter where I am, put on the aul' "magic park anywhere lights" and stroll into the shopping center to spend half an hour buying a choc ice.
    Because obviously no one cares and that makes it alright.:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

wush06 wrote: »
    http://photos4.media.pix.ie/EC/34/EC345319100B4668B446590449F5E648-0000343778-0002398545-00800L-CCAF475F0EB943698BECC5976EC5C24E.jpg

Parking is one thing, but with that level of awareness you'd have to worry about their driving too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

And what happened to him/her?
    A million quid and my left nut says "not a bloody thing"
    And I bet he/she parks like that on a regular basis.
    Why?
    Because nothing ever happens.

I'm afraid I didn't hang around to find out. I was on my way from a shop to the office so was on company time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭CH3OH

164904.jpg

Tesco Arklow, who must have one of the largest carparks in the country.
    But, it was raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

img20110627134812.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

CH3OH wrote: »
    164904.jpg

Tesco Arklow, who must have one of the largest carparks in the country.
    But, it was raining.
    If it weren't for the steel bollards, they'd be parking under the fecking canopy!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

downey2003 wrote: »
    If it weren't for the steel bollards, they'd be parking under the fecking canopy!:rolleyes:

I reckon they'd think it was a drive through........ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Portarlington this morning on my way to work - thats my usual space they're encroaching on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=1694&pictureid=9979

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Maybe the driver of this car has 2 families, hence the need for 2 Parent & child parking spaces. Or maybe its just because they're an inconsiderate prick.

If you're going to drive a barge a least learn how to pull it into port :rolleyes:

img20110628183145.jpg

Portarlington this morning on my way to work - thats my usual space they're encroaching on.

Now 2pm and he's still there!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Why cant i see this picture. All i'm getting is picture.php (gif image,1*1 pixels)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    Why cant i see this picture. All i'm getting is picture.php (gif image,1*1 pixels)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Me too! It must be a picture of the big mass of space between the car and the kerb??!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

DSC02913.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02891.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Look closely , this Muppet can multi-task.
    He blocks a perfectly good parking spot & half a lane on a main road in peak time traffic. Not to mention blocking the view of the black car in front trying to get out.
    165185.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I see over on the Kildare section that traffic wardens turned up at 8.50am outside the school in celbridge and started ticketing everyone parked illegally
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056312866

Apologies - better? Admittedly there is still a decent space left but if they cant manage to park in one themselves, I dont trust them not to take the side off my car when leaving!

img00069201106290928.jpg
    By westies4ever at 2011-06-29

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

after all the buildup, i was expecting a hummer parked ontop of a handicapped person in a mother and baby spot on a double yellow line next to a pedestrian crosswalk!

phill106 wrote: »
    after all the buildup, i was expecting a hummer parked ontop of a handicapped person in a mother and baby spot on a double yellow line next to a pedestrian crosswalk!

my first attempt at posting a pic - I'll get better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

my first attempt at posting a pic - I'll get better :(

Only teasin, pic was grand, i just have my sarcastic hat on today it seems!

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    Only teasin, pic was grand, i just have my sarcastic hat on today it seems!

thats allowed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement