Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

heres the pot calling the kettle black but check this out, No shortage of 100+ spaces filed with 2 other cars so this person parks here

IMAG0050.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Gers_punto wrote: »
    heres the pot calling the kettle black but check this out, No shortage of 100+ spaces filed with 2 other cars so this person parks here

groodys limerick??? typical for that carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Surely this is just taking the Mick !? ;)

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I just parked my car when I saw some ole one racing away from the car park, then I saw her car and the great job she did of parking it...
    mQ177cn
    I`d say her excuse was, I`ll just be 5 minutes....

Sorry about the massive post....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Couldn't get a photo in time, but had a good laugh over the weekened. Garda traffic cones along the side of the road saying "no parking" and a car parks there CRUSHING IT.

They then reversed back a few inches, and left it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

groodys limerick??? typical for that carpark

Yup it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw this in Limerick today (apologies for the photo) it was pissing out:

267484_10150302573548384_623843383_9234707_828400_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Saturday morning....Crescent shopping centre, Limerick....9.10am....
    A married couple who are probably fitter than 99% of boardsies had to park here as it was the closest space to Costa coffee.
    Car park was probably 5% full but even though they were dressed in the best outdoor trekking gear they obviously couldn't face the extra 20 metre's walk from the nearest proper parking space.

2011-07-02092029.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Integrated Communications Ltd.
    (Health & Safety, OHSAS 18001:2007 NSAI Certified)

"Social Responsibility
    spacer.gif
    As a family owned and run business we place huge value on community, both locally and nationally... Our company is also a proactive supporter of the Crumlin Children’s Hospital in Dublin... "

... their van parked on the footpath outside Superquinn Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    2011-07-02092029.jpg

Popular parking space in the early hours of the morning. This girl, if memory serves me correct, was going to the bank machine.

PICT0780.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

IMAG0050.jpg

Am I missing something here..... Is this actually obnoxious ? Did you want to use one of those three spaces out of the 80 free ?

How to take out a footpath and cycle path in one go
    IMAG0197.jpg

And yes there are hatched markings on the other side of this one too...
    IMAG0196.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

"Not obnoxious", as long as motorised traffic can whizz by unhindered.

Merbhp wrote: »
    Integrated Communications Ltd.
    (Health & Safety, OHSAS 18001:2007 NSAI Certified)

"Social Responsibility
    spacer.gif
    As a family owned and run business we place huge value on community, both locally and nationally... Our company is also a proactive supporter of the Crumlin Children’s Hospital in Dublin... "

... their van parked on the footpath outside Superquinn Finglas.

But but but, that van is not actually on the double yellow lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    "Not obnoxious", as long as motorised traffic can whizz by unhindered.
    What about buggies?;)

Anan1 wrote: »
    What about buggies?;)

Haha.... Should they not be using the footpath instead of the Car Park spaces where one could potentially meet an oncoming vehicle ? :D

I think that Avensis would pass the "Buggy Test" and no it isn't my Avensis either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Tesco, Balbriggan doing 2 for 1 on sh1t parking all this week!

And for today only, you get bonus "S4" badges with every purchase.

r2ktqd.jpg

Absurdum wrote: »
    Tesco, Balbriggan doing 2 for 1 on sh1t parking all this week!

And for today only, you get bonus "S4" badges with every purchase.

http://i56.tinypic.com/5x74vm.jpg

Coupe isnt much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Parked on the yellow hatch right outside the main door.

so i pull into the quiet part of the car park and take an end space, this dofus pulls up almost on my door and i roll down the window and tell him can he get any closer, he passes his apology and drives forward and reverses back leaving the car here, the car in question being the juke....

IMAG0055.jpg
    also note the fiesta in the background

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

More like a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Juke drivers = graduated micra drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

so i pull into the quiet part of the car park and take an end space, this dofus pulls up almost on my door and i roll down the window and tell him can he get any closer, he passes his apology and drives forward and reverses back leaving the car here, the car in question being the juke....

I have noticed this too lately when parking my car, some of them are like flies to $hite parking near my car, they usually leave a 5mm gap for me to open my drivers door. It's infuriating when there's plenty of spaces around your car and they have to park alongside. I think some are attracted to clean cars assuming the driver won't damage theirs but they forget to leave a gap.

I have noticed this too lately when parking my car, some of them are like flies to $hite parking near my car, they usually leave a 5mm gap for me to open my drivers door. It's infuriating when there's plenty of spaces around your car and they have to park alongside. I think some are attracted to clean cars assuming the driver won't damage theirs but they forget to leave a gap.

i agree but have also come to the conclusion that if i was to park on the moon i would return to the car to find someone parked there moon vehicle, spaceship or car beside it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Been driving around Florida for nearly a week now, and I haven't seen one obnoxiously parked vehicle yet, everybody is so well behaved over here!

On a side note the standard of driving is far superior.

Anan1 wrote: »
    What about buggies?;)

"Reallocation of space" is the key concept here.

All road space rightfully belongs to motorised vehicles. Motorists also have first call on "cycle" lanes and "foot" paths, and may take up to 100% of these spaces as desired in order to maximise their own individual and collective convenience.

The remaining "foot" path space -- if any -- is reallocated to cyclists, who are lower priority than motorists but higher than pedestrians. Disabled and mobility-impaired people are the lowest ranking caste category in this system.

Pushers of narrow buggies containing a maximum of one child and the more agile users of streamlined (perhaps sports-oriented) wheelchairs may use the remaining space also, giving way to cyclists as required.

People who breed excessively, as evidenced by their use of double buggies, are socially irresponsible anyway, so they can be expected to find their own way, eg along the top of the wall or through the garden of the adjacent house. Unfortunately some will insist on using the road, but this needs to be rigorously policed as it poses a danger to traffic.

Senior citizens insisting on remaining mobile with the aid of awkward devices such as Zimmer frames, and more disabled people "needing" larger wheelchairs, especially of the powered variety, shouldn't be here in the first place, and ought to be discouraged or even forbidden from leaving their homes at all.

It should also be borne in mind that walking aids and wheelchairs can scratch the paintwork of cars, and it is better to prevent such vandalism occurring in the first instance rather than take the more costly and laborious route of prosecuting offenders for criminal damage.

Incidentally, the same applies to vision-impaired people using white canes or guide dogs. Repairing paintwork chipped by the indiscriminate use of white canes can be expensive for motorists, while dog's urine on the wheels is unpleasant at best and could potentially pose a health risk to motorists as they walk the 60-100 cm or so to their front gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Time to unload my phone...

09DXXXX "just popping in" to the garden centre at <snip>. They were still there on the loading zone when I left 90 minutes later.

<snip>

06D33928 taking two spaces in the ultra-busy carpark for the Anglers Rest near Strawberry Beds. I had to wait 20 minutes for a space to become free.. Grrr....
    06D33928.jpg

Two loons at the shops in Kinsaley near Swords misusing the special-needs spaces. Seems to be the norm there.
    08D4344.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

franksm wrote: »
    Time to unload my phone...

09DXXXX "just popping in" to the garden centre at <snip>. They were still there on the loading zone when I left 90 minutes later.

She runs that garden centre, so chances are, she was delivering / loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Been driving around Florida for nearly a week now, and I haven't seen one obnoxiously parked vehicle yet, everybody is so well behaved over here!

That's because the planners think of their drivers over there and give them ample space (unlike here where you need a corkscrew to get your car into a car parking space)
    On a side note the standard of driving is far superior.

Agreed, it's courtesy that is just not seen in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Mc Love wrote: »
    Juke drivers = graduated micra drivers

More like delusions of adequacy...;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement