Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

vicwatson wrote: »
    That's because the planners think of their drivers over there and give them ample space (unlike here where you need a corkscrew to get your car into a car parking space)

Is it not also the case that American cars have typically been very large?

Maybe I have an insular view of Murka, but my impression is that bigger is better over there, from burgers to babies. They like their cars big, and they like big spaces generally, especially for their cars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parking_space

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article.cfm?articleid=2012

SS_Hummer2Spaces.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Been driving around Florida for nearly a week now, and I haven't seen one obnoxiously parked vehicle yet, everybody is so well behaved over here!

On a side note the standard of driving is far superior.

That`s because they have a constant thing called hmmmmm crap what`s the name of it...........oh yeah GOOD WEATHER, lol.
    It just makes people happier, not here tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

franksm wrote: »
    Two loons at the shops in Kinsaley near Swords misusing the special-needs spaces. Seems to be the norm there.
    08D4344.jpg

That place isnt even lined properly as in the lines are faded so people park where they like! Its a wonder there hasnt been a collision in the car park, and if there has, I aint surprised.
    lewis wrote: »
    That`s because they have a constant thing called hmmmmm crap what`s the name of it...........oh yeah GOOD WEATHER, lol.
    It just makes people happier, not here tough.

Could also be the fact that the cops take no crap and enforce the law

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Tallon wrote: »
    She runs that garden centre, so chances are, she was delivering / loading.
    That's no excuse. By parking badly, she is encouraging her customers to park badly.
    franksm wrote: »
    T
    06D33928 taking two spaces in the ultra-busy carpark for the Anglers Rest near Strawberry Beds. I had to wait 20 minutes for a space to become free.. Grrr....
    There's a free space right behind that car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

There's a free space right behind that car!

Gerroutovit - I took the photo when I was leaving the car park (the Colt miscreant had been parked there the whole time)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That's no excuse. By parking badly, she is encouraging her customers to park badly.

How is she parking badly if she is delivering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I have snipped some posts as the owner was too easily identifiable from what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Ferns, Wexford the other day. The driver of the Bravo was one of those lads that likes to wear T-shirts 5 years too small for him and didn't look the slightest bit disabled to me.

img20110703131910.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Another one for the Groody SC, took this while the driver and passenger (both able-bodied) were eating their subs

261932_10150303383343384_623843383_9243665_5772604_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

For 90 minutes???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That that was a dodgy S-class with a 00 reg. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

For 90 minutes???

A baby perhaps? It's been known to happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Parked on a Junction.
    Parked in a yellow box.
    Parked on a double yellow line.
    Parked on the footpath.

Its OK because he was in the Bookies..:rolleyes:

Photo0002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Take your pic.

Van across two disabled spaces and Focus parked in a sort of hatched area blocking a pedestrian crossing.

By the door(no pic) 3 cars in Disabled spaces with no badges.

3240b6b1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why not send Creative Play Solutions a link to the pic, along with details of where & when it was taken? I'm sure whoever owns the company wouldn't appreciate their driver's behaviour one little bit.

http://www.creativeplay.ie/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=1

As much as I think sending pictures to companies would solve the problem temporarily, is it truly worth fvcking with a mans job?

Absolutely. Give me the details and i'll do it.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Give me the details and i'll do it.

I'd prefer not to but there are enough hints in the photograph for you to be able to track down the location.

For 90 minutes???
    Jesus, drop it mate. If she owns the place, why would she be in a rush to move?

There are a million reason's she could be there that long. One of them could be lazy parking, yes, but chance's are she's not

I don't recognize the place, and the owner would need the date (and approx time too) to be sure of who was driving the van at the time. It's a sh1tty enough thing to do at the best of times, but doing it in a van branded with the name of a business that someone's probably struggled to build up from nothing is particularly low, IMO. I understand your instinct not to grass up the driver, but the other alternative is colluding in fvcking over the company owner and any disabled drivers who couldn't park there. Is that really what you want?:)

• Advertisement

I understand your instinct not to grass up the driver, but the other alternative is colluding in fvcking over the company owner and any disabled drivers who couldn't park there. Is that really what you want?:)

Only really wanted to put up a picture of an asshole.

Jesus, drop it mate. If she owns the place, why would she be in a rush to move?

There are a million reason's she could be there that long. One of them could be lazy parking, yes, but chance's are she's not
    Because by parking there she's telling her customers that the rules don't apply to her.

Because by parking there she's telling her customers that the rules don't apply to her.
    HooooooooW????? If she's delivering? Do we know if she's delivering or picking something up? No!

And for the op to say "She encourages others to park badly" Did he(Park badly?) I seriously doubt it.

What idiot sees someone parked badly and thinks it's okay because someone else is doing it? Gimme a break!

HooooooooW????? If she's delivering? Do we know if she's delivering or picking something up? No!
    Do you understand how a loading bay works?:)
    And for the op to say "She encourages others to park badly" Did he(Park badly?) I seriously doubt it.

What idiot sees someone parked badly and thinks it's okay because someone else is doing it? Gimme a break!
    Lots of idiots do it every day, and not just with parking. Run a red light and you can be fairly sure the car behind will follow. Newsflash - people are just like sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What idiot sees someone parked badly and thinks it's okay because someone else is doing it?
    All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I'd prefer not to but there are enough hints in the photograph for you to be able to track down the location.

Looks like Loughrea shopping centre

Do you understand how a loading bay works?:)

I thought it was for loading and unloading.. .What an idiot I am

Why don't you explain to me what it is then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

LOL, go Anan1, first person here to actually talk sense, you tell it how it is, I like it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Lads can you drop discussion about the loading bay please? None of you are going to convince the others you're right, and in the mean time the rest of us have to put up with your bitching :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrbojangles1

I think you need to get a life, Ok ya fair enough its not right to park on pavements, BUT you must of had a very large wheelchair to not be able to get it through there, theres loads of space between the ramp and the car to get the wheelchair up!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement