Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,785 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Been driving around Florida for nearly a week now, and I haven't seen one obnoxiously parked vehicle yet, everybody is so well behaved over here!

On a side note the standard of driving is far superior.

In Philadelphia myself, haven't seen any poorly parked cars (thought the spaces are MASSIVE so it would be difficult) but I think the standard of driving is no better than Ireland. Just as aggressive, just as ignorant, lane discipline is a joke, tailgating and speeding rife - and they have no idea what so ever to do with a roundabout - one just outside my apartment and comfortably more people driving around it the wrong way than the correct way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think you need to get a life, Ok ya fair enough its not right to park on pavements, BUT you must of had a very large wheelchair to not be able to get it through there, theres loads of space between the ramp and the car to get the wheelchair up!!!

That original post by me was from December 2008.

I think you miss the point, it's not the fact the wheelchair could not fit passed. It is that the person elected to park there irrespective of the fact they were parking (1) Incorrectly, (2) Obnoxioulsy, (3) Blocking a ramp needed for buggies, wheelchairs and numerous types of able challenged folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

As much as I think sending pictures to companies would solve the problem temporarily, is it truly worth fvcking with a mans job?

Beer Baron, why then display his picture? If the owner of the firm was a member here I'm sure he wouldn't be too long finding out which of his drivers it was. If he's an a**hole driver then he needs to be sent back to the training school to show where and when you can park legally and safely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

vicwatson wrote: »
    Beer Baron, why then display his picture? If the owner of the firm was a member here I'm sure he wouldn't be too long finding out which of his drivers it was. If he's an a**hole driver then he needs to be sent back to the training school to show where and when you can park legally and safely ;)

No just post pictures and leave the grassing and bitching to other threads....

A friendly request to fellow motors followers- just pics and thanks on this and the here's what I saw today thread. I'm always disappointed when I see 2 new pages of debate when all I want to see is flash metal- before anyone says, I know I have commented before.....

OS;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Beer Baron wrote: »
    As much as I think sending pictures to companies would solve the problem temporarily, is it truly worth fvcking with a mans job?

i doubt the guy would lose his job over something like this, but parking like that in a van with the company name written all over it is asking for trouble,

cps=creative parking soultions:)

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »

Why display his picture? Because his parking is obnoxious and this thread is for posting pictures of people's obnoxious parking. It was never envisaged(by the OP aka me) for anything other than that. If people wish the thread to evolve to picking out pictures for their own personal use to have a man disciplined by his employer then so be it. Charles Darwin would have been proud.
    bladebrew wrote: »
    i doubt the guy would lose his job over something like this, but parking like that in a van with the company name written all over it is asking for trouble,

cps=creative parking soultions:)

You're probably right but I'm not going to be the one to bring it to their attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Has anyone else come on here and see their car on this thread? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Sc@recrow wrote: »

Just dont admit it !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MugMugs wrote: »
    Just dont admit it !

ah,ya gotta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I post my own to throw off the scent

ShiftyEyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No just post pictures and leave the grassing and bitching to other threads....

A friendly request to fellow motors followers- just pics and thanks on this and the here's what I saw today thread. I'm always disappointed when I see 2 new pages of debate when all I want to see is flash metal- before anyone says, I know I have commented before.....

OS;);)
    You want a Motors thread without debate? Sounds pretty boring to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Every time I click on the thread I think 'it could be me....' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

MugMugs wrote: »
    And yes there are hatched markings on the other side of this one too...
    IMAG0196.jpg

When that carpark gets full lots of cars park on those hatchings. I don't think it's an issue here as there's lots of space and it doesn't cause a hinderence to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Seperate wrote: »
    Every time I click on the thread I think 'it could be me....' :D

Every time I park, I think I could be famous...:D

and I always try and park properly...

Yes a guy parking outside a Halfrauds in Limerick had his car on here numerous times, came on here defending his parking and to throw the scent off changed his car and parked in a different part of the car park.

This is the worst I've seen. Clowns!

photoesv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    When that carpark gets full lots of cars park on those hatchings. I don't think it's an issue here as there's lots of space and it doesn't cause a hinderence to anyone.

your missing the point. There are spaces marked for parking and this car is not parked in these spaces, even though there are some free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

There are 7000 parking spaces in that Centre. That Car Park "can" fill up however those hatched markings are there for a very good reason. There is no defence for not leaving the car park and finding another space.

Seperate,

Back in the early pages of this thread you will see that I have a car dumped on a traffic island just like that but its there nearly every single day. Its from the dealership next to it.

The council didn't care, traffic corps dont seem to care and the garage were not very nice about it when asked.

This is the worst I've seen. Clowns!

photoesv.jpg

That looks like it's around the Mulhuddart/Tyrrelstown area down from the graveyard, probably during the blessing of the graves where there's only about 15 spaces. Everytime there's something like that at any grave, such as Newlands, parking rules go out the window. Probably understandably so as if you know that general area there simply isn't anywhere else to park close to the graveyard, where most visitors would be old people, they're not going to walk up that hill from Mulhuddart.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where is that Seperate? Is it public property? The Council are missing out on a revenue stream of €40 fine per car if it is.

Can you imagine a short-ish pedestrian trying to cross there, you would barely see them.

That looks like it's around the Mulhuddart/Tyrrelstown area down from the graveyard, probably during the blessing of the graves where there's only about 15 spaces. Everytime there's something like that at any grave, such as Newlands, parking rules go out the window. Probably understandably so as if you know that general area there simply isn't anywhere else to park close to the graveyard, where most visitors would be old people, they're not going to walk up that hill from Mulhuddart.

Is that what it is? I wondered why there were so many cars there that day.

Don't care what the occasion is, that is seriously dangerous to motorists and pedestrians. Your view is 100% compromised approaching the roundabout.

I don't accept the 'theres nowhere else' - the other hundred odd people found places to park that weren't as dangerous. The people who parked those cars there are just ignorant and lazy.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Where is that Seperate? Is it public property? The Council are missing out on a revenue stream of €40 fine per car if it is.

Can you imagine a short-ish pedestrian trying to cross there, you would barely see them.

It's as above. Agree with your second point too!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

b6210f7e-5e0e-4b38-88a3-24d84158dbab.jpg

f7dc2181-fb1b-44d4-b038-ac5fadf480d8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

I park across 3 parking spaces in limerick every morning :eek: ill have to put up a pic of myself :D

I don't accept the 'theres nowhere else' - the other hundred odd people found places to park that weren't as dangerous. The people who parked those cars there are just ignorant and lazy.

Well there isn't. Look at the pic again, all the cars you can see are parked on footpaths or cycle paths, there simply isn't anywhere else to park as there is no parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Well there isn't. Look at the pic again, all the cars you can see are parked on footpaths or cycle paths, there simply isn't anywhere else to park as there is no parking.
    I could never understand this attitude that it's ok to park like a dick because 'there's nowhere else'. If there's nowhere else to park then you don't get to park, simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anan1 wrote: »
    I could never understand this attitude that it's ok to park like a dick because 'there's nowhere else'. If there's nowhere else to park then you don't get to park, simple.

Ah but surely from time to time there are exceptions to the rule, lts say your at a funeral and you follow the hearse to the burial and its a good distance from were you live and you also dont know the area at all, which can easily happen. Also lets be honest a lot of especially the older graveyard have none or very inadequate parking spaces, what are you meant to do?

Im all against obnoxious parking as ive shown on this thread but at times exceptions have to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Ah but surely from time to time there are exceptions to the rule, lts say your at a funeral and you follow the hearse to the burial and its a good distance from were you live and you also dont know the area at all, which can easily happen. Also lets be honest a lot of especially the older graveyard have none or very inadequate parking spaces, what are you meant to do?

Im all against obnoxious parking as ive shown on this thread but at times exceptions have to be made.

Then you drive until you can find a legal place to park, you park there, and you walk back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

-Chris- wrote: »
    Then you drive until you can find a legal place to park, you park there, and you walk back.

So you drive around for half an hour maybe more trying to find a spot and by the time you get aspot make the long walk back to the graveyard youve missed the burial I dont think so, a burial wont be held up for one person while they find parking and I sure as hell wouldnt be missing the burial of a close friend relative etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

So you drive around for half an hour maybe more trying to find a spot and by the time you get aspot make the long walk back to the graveyard youve missed the burial I dont think so, a burial wont be held up for one person while they find parking and I sure as hell wouldnt be missing the burial of a close friend relative etc.

I'm not sure what response you'd like, but if the question is "how do I make sure I'm not parking obnoxiously?" then I think there's only one option!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement