Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Imho the only acceptable reason to park obnoxiously is if it's outside a hospital and you've a life or death situation in your car. Otherwise its not acceptable. If you cant park close to where you need to be then bring a pair of rollerblades, park up and glide to your destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I park across 3 parking spaces in limerick every morning :eek: ill have to put up a pic of myself :D

your username has obviously scared anyone from posting it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well there isn't. Look at the pic again, all the cars you can see are parked on footpaths or cycle paths, there simply isn't anywhere else to park as there is no parking.

I live about 90 seconds walk from that roundabout, and I walk to the pub when going for a drink where there is a car park that'd hold about 150-200 cars. It's no more then 5 minutes walk in the other direction.

They are lazy.

Like said above, if there's nowhere to park, then you don't. Especially if you're endangering other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

At a public facility.

Shortly after I took the photo, a staff member approached me and asked nicely enough why I had done so.

During our short conversation he naively mentioned that the vehicle belonged to the foreman! So much for Health & Safety, and managerial responsibility...

Foreman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anan1 wrote: »
    I could never understand this attitude that it's ok to park like a dick because 'there's nowhere else'. If there's nowhere else to park then you don't get to park, simple.

So you'll simply go home with your folks and miss either a relatives funeral or grave blessing because there's only a handful of proper parking spaces and you didn't get one of them ?

• Advertisement

Seperate wrote: »
    I live about 90 seconds walk from that roundabout, and I walk to the pub when going for a drink where there is a car park that'd hold about 150-200 cars. It's no more then 5 minutes walk in the other direction.

They are lazy.

Like said above, if there's nowhere to park, then you don't. Especially if you're endangering other people.

Like you said, you live there so know this, 70 year old Joe and Biddy don't as it's a relatively new area , and it will take them much longer than 5 minutes.

This is not an example of lazy or obnoxious parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Yes a guy parking outside a Halfrauds in Limerick had his car on here numerous times, came on here defending his parking and to throw the scent off changed his car and parked in a different part of the car park.

am yes thats exactly why i changed my car to throw the boardsies off my scent..

others might say i grew up a bit and just learned its easier park miles away and in a quiet spot,

but if thats what makes you happy then i have indeed been rumbled, time to change car agaion and grow a moustache :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Seperate wrote: »
    This is the worst I've seen. Clowns!

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4789/photoesv.jpg

Aha... that was the day the blessing of the graves was on... shambolic parking from all involved and people not even looking when crossing the road...

Wanna know what the kicker was? They provided parking in the park opposite for everyone and only a handful of cars used it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    At a public facility.

Shortly after I took the photo, a staff member approached me and asked nicely enough why I had done so.

During our short conversation he naively mentioned that the vehicle belonged to the foreman! So much for Health & Safety, and managerial responsibility...

Foreman.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: am i the only one who noticed the real shocker in this picture!!! MOVING PLANT!!!!!!!!! a plant that moves and therefore makes you need to use the footpaths! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

So you'll simply go home with your folks and miss either a relatives funeral or grave blessing because there's only a handful of proper parking spaces and you didn't get one of them ?
    Don't give us that nonsense, people have been successfully attending funerals since long before cars were invented. It's up to you how you deal with the issue - what you don't do is solve your problem by creating another one for others.

• Advertisement

Don't give us that nonsense, people have been successfully attending funerals since long before cars were invented. It's up to you how you deal with the issue - what you don't do is solve your problem by creating another one for others.

It's not me that's spouting nonsense, I've yet to be to a funeral where some form of imaginative parking hasn't taken place due to lack of space.

This thread has lost its way, it used to be about genuine obnoxious parking, now it's taken on the holier than thou hue oft seen around these parts, like omg it's slightly difficult to see a pedestrian, they're all going to die because of that persons 'obnoxious' parking.

This thread has lost its way, it used to be about genuine obnoxious parking, now it's taken on the holier than thou hue oft seen around these parts, like omg it's slightly difficult to see a pedestrian, they're all going to die because of that persons 'obnoxious' parking.
    You might have a point in general, but those cars on the island before the roundabout are dangerous.

It's not me that's spouting nonsense, I've yet to be to a funeral where some form of imaginative parking hasn't taken place due to lack of space.

Hmmm, perhaps now it's about Imaginative Excuses?

Clusterfückwit parking below. Perfectly legal on-road parking available within 50 metres in two directions.

Multi-OPs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That looks like it's around the Mulhuddart/Tyrrelstown area down from the graveyard, probably during the blessing of the graves where there's only about 15 spaces. Everytime there's something like that at any grave, such as Newlands, parking rules go out the window. Probably understandably so as if you know that general area there simply isn't anywhere else to park close to the graveyard, where most visitors would be old people, they're not going to walk up that hill from Mulhuddart.
    Are they looking for more business in the graveyard? Imagine a child trying to cross the road there and just not being seen by traffic.
    Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Hmmm, perhaps now it's about Imaginative Excuses?

Clusterfückwit parking below. Perfectly legal on-road parking available within 50 metres in two directions.

Multi-OPs.jpg
    Garda raid or tornado? :)

Victor wrote: »
    Garda raid or tornado? :)

"We've got you surrounded."

Seriously, bringing up the think of the children argument now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Seriously, bringing up the think of the children argument now ?
    Yes, seeing as many of them can't see over cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

This should be a pictures only thread, like the post a picture of your car thread.

Speaking of obscuring your view on a roundabout, some road signs are placed in rather dangerous places, example , not a great view but the direction sign is a pain in the hole when you're in the grey car's position. Another example in Drogheda, between the signs and the railings in this area, you almost have to pull out onto the roundabout to see the bloody thing. Apologies for kind of going o/t :o

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Saw this 'parking' in Tesco Swinford today. I had to drive aroud the car to get out!!

image0044le.jpg

image0043n.jpg

• Advertisement

This should be a pictures only thread, like the post a picture of your car thread.
    If that's all you want then just whack 'obnoxiously parked car' into Google.:)

nicol wrote: »
    Saw this 'parking' in Tesco Swinford today. I had to drive aroud the car to get out!!

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8270/image0044le.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/264/image0043n.jpg

kept it within the lines, nice parking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

hdowney wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: am i the only one who noticed the real shocker in this picture!!! MOVING PLANT!!!!!!!!! a plant that moves and therefore makes you need to use the footpaths! :D:D:D:D
    e307c29ab180ffed_Piranha_Plant.preview.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If that's all you want then just whack 'obnoxiously parked car' into Google.:)
    Funny thing is, if you do that, you get this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Tallon wrote: »
    e307c29ab180ffed_Piranha_Plant.preview.JPG

dude!!! fantastic comeback. i like :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

166291.jpg

166292.jpg

166293.jpg

166294.jpg

166295.jpg

Tallon wrote: »
    Funny thing is, if you do that, you get this thread :)
    Touché!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

-Chris- wrote: »
    166291.jpg

166292.jpg

Tesco Tullamore if I'm not mistaken?It's not bad at all actually apart from the usual thing with people who park their cars right outside Tesco as they're too lazy to walk from a parking space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Centra Ballinteer - Nice man from Matt Reilly Cakes leaves his white van blocking one lane, causing a minor snarl up at rush hour. I guess he may have been delivering to the shop, but he should have driven into the space, leaving him access to the back door of his van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

the nice man actually parked his van , if he drove it in it would still block the lane and he would be standing in the traffic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement