Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

-Chris- wrote: »

166292.jpg
    I was guilty of this few weeks back in Artane Castle, the spots to the right in my case were parent&child and disabled.
    Lad walking by tells me I've some neck parking in a Disabled spot.

Guiltily, I reply, that not only is it not a disabled spot, it's not a spot at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

dharn wrote: »
    the nice man actually parked his van , if he drove it in it would still block the lane and he would be standing in the traffic

He had about 2-3 feet of empty space at the back of the van, and 2-3 feet of his van sticking out into the road. How does that constitute 'actually parked'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

He had about 2-3 feet of empty space at the back of the van, and 2-3 feet of his van sticking out into the road. How does that constitute 'actually parked'?
    you mean the 3 feet of space required to open the doors on the van? and I presume it's fine for the van to reverse so it's over hang is totally blocking the footpath, as as even if the van was so far back that the wheels are touching that footpath, it's still longer than the parking space.

Obnoxious, no
    making best compromise, yes
    He might be slightly out and obstructing traffic, but he's not completely blocking traffic, either foot or motor. And I'd doubt he's even obstructing motor traffic, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Absurdum wrote: »
    Speaking of obscuring your view on a roundabout, some road signs are placed in rather dangerous places, example , not a great view but the direction sign is a pain in the hole when you're in the grey car's position. Another example in Drogheda, between the signs and the railings in this area, you almost have to pull out onto the roundabout to see the bloody thing. Apologies for kind of going o/t :o

Very common in this country, despite the fact that optimising pedestrian-motorist intervisibility ought to be common sense.

Those uncontrolled/"informal" crossings on roundabouts are often of little to use to pedestrians either, especially those unable or unwilling to sprint.

Maybe that's why the islands and dished kerbs at roundabouts are so popular with OPs? They hate to see them wasted...

Bogger77 wrote: »
    you mean the 3 feet of space required to open the doors on the van?
    Yes, that's the 3 feet I mean. The 3 feet that wouldn't be needed if he drove in instead of reversing in.
    Bogger77 wrote: »
    I presume it's fine for the van to reverse so it's over hang is totally blocking the footpath, as as even if the van was so far back that the wheels are touching that footpath, it's still longer than the parking space.
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone walking on that footpath. The only possible use of it would be somebody going round the back of their car or van. So yes, it would be better, given the space available, for him to block the footpath instead of blocking half the traffic lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

And if he was unloading his van into traffic people would give out about that.
    If he parked sideways to avoid causing an obstruction there would be a pic of that....no win situation. Looks like he did his best to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Yes, that's the 3 feet I mean. The 3 feet that wouldn't be needed if he drove in instead of reversing in.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone walking on that footpath. The only possible use of it would be somebody going round the back of their car or van. So yes, it would be better, given the space available, for him to block the footpath instead of blocking half the traffic lane.

So he blocks the road or he blocks the path, either way you or iwannahurl is gonna be here giving out about him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Parking in designated Disabled Parking bay and no permit.

Driver had no mobility issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Numpty. Over a disabled space, nearly in an Electric charging point bay*

Also arse out onto the road. :mad:

* I challenge somebody to get the first obnoxiously parked person in an electric car charging point bay. :D

cd489b47.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Numpty. Over a disabled space, nearly in an Electric charging point bay*

Also arse out onto the road. :mad:

* I challenge somebody to get the first obnoxiously parked person in an electric car charging point bay. :D

Shocking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Centra Ballinteer - Nice man from Matt Reilly Cakes leaves his white van blocking one lane, causing a minor snarl up at rush hour. I guess he may have been delivering to the shop, but he should have driven into the space, leaving him access to the back door of his van.

The man is delivering CAKE!!!!!! Leave him the fcuk alone, he can park wherever he wants if its Swiss Rolls and Raspberry Cheesecake thats in the van. :D:D:D

(btw I agree with the others that he did the best of a bad situation, there is no loading bay where those shops are iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Beer Baron wrote: »

Anyone else get the impression that the green covering on those caharging bays is of a sh!te quality and will be crumbling away in a couple of years time. It looks a lot like the stuff they use for some speed bumps and bike lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bijapos wrote: »
    Anyone else get the impression that the green covering on those loading bay is of a sh!te quality and will be crumbling away in a couple of years time. It looks a lot like the stuff they use for some speed bumps and bike lanes.

Nope. Looked the same as the material they use on Disabled bays but in green.

This tracksuited family took up one of the disabled spots at the Rotunda Hospital for 10-15 minutes today - no blue badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

This tracksuited family took up one of the disabled spots at the Rotunda Hospital for 10-15 minutes today - no blue badge.

Nothing new at that place tbh.

Came back to car this afternoon to find this parked in front of me.

Driver had taken keys so passenger couldn't move it.

Couldn't reverse as someone else was up my rear:D

Ten minutes later driver comes back and gives the finger when asked why was he blocking us in,

E3D4EB6A39DD43C59455F13B1A64B99E-0000314842-0002423299-00800L-20614ABDA71D4642A8854DF91AFE08DD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

bijapos wrote: »
    Anyone else get the impression that the green covering on those caharging bays is of a sh!te quality and will be crumbling away in a couple of years time. It looks a lot like the stuff they use for some speed bumps and bike lanes.

Realistically there's going to be very, very few people legitimately parking on them anyway, so they don't need to be that robust. :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

hdowney wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: am i the only one who noticed the real shocker in this picture!!! MOVING PLANT!!!!!!!!! a plant that moves and therefore makes you need to use the footpaths! :D:D:D:D

It's a TRIFFID!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

soccerc wrote: »

Ten minutes later driver comes back and gives the finger when asked why was he blocking us in,

People actually give the finger instead of manning up and just saying sorry, what a scummy príck.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

This thread largely explains the two thwocking big dents I have acquired on my doors since bringing myself and my beloved little car to this country less than 3 months ago.

BTW have owned the car over 8 years and no scratches to it before I brought it here.

Have resisted the urge to take up two spaces at a time when I hit a car park, but I am tempted. Do make a point of parking as far away from everyone else as I can though! Last place I saw cars this battered was in Paris.

Seriously considering getting checkerboard metal sheeting plates for the doors of the car and wondering if I can get knives for the tyres and do up the worlds smallest car a la Mad Max Road Warrior style...

Maybe the inconsiderate numpties may give me some room then! :)

Keep up the good work!

• Advertisement

soccerc wrote: »
    Came back to car this afternoon to find this parked in front of me.

Driver had taken keys so passenger couldn't move it.

Couldn't reverse as someone else was up my rear:D

Nasty - did you get a number so you can report them to the gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Saw this Spa in the Pavilions in Swords this evening.

166394.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Alicat wrote: »
    Saw this Spa in the Pavilions in Swords this evening.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/95148/166394.jpg

That place is effing dynamite :D

Nasty - did you get a number so you can report them to the gardai?

No, gone beyond the stage of getting upset by such actions - better for my health

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fxebgbgercyv

9xpHr.jpg

Cornelscourt AIB July 6th 2:30. No, there was no badge displayed, plenty of parking a few feet away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vectra04

photo0012.jpgwtf blanchardstown shopping centre, place was packed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

This guy parks on double yellows knocking over a garda traffic cone in the process.
    I put the cone back in its place being the good citizen I am :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Jason1984 wrote: »
    This guy parks on double yellows knocking over a garda traffic cone in the process.

Excellent.
    Though this cone would have been better placed inserted into the driver.
    Just goes to prove that some people just think "Me from A to B, any which way" and anyone else is just background noise to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Jason1984 wrote: »

That good sir, made me lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I visit Citywest shopping centre on a daily basis and there are always cars parked in one of the 4 disabled spots without disabled badges. One day I saw a taxi driver reading a paper while parked in a disabled spot. He was obviously waiting for a space to come free at the taxi rank as he'd moved there later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement