Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Been driving around Florida for nearly a week now, and I haven't seen one obnoxiously parked vehicle yet, everybody is so well behaved over here!

On a side note the standard of driving is far superior.

I hope you are being sarcastic, those people do not know what an indicator is. But there is no speeding in Florida, all the police seem to do is spend their time on the road gathering revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Excellent coneage !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Driver parks in disabled spot and walks to the shop :eek: the parking spots immediately in front of his car have no parking restrictions.

0E1E275A8F0D4FD6BDAAFF4B72E5205F-0000316185-0002424319-00500L-4D9BB8AC3D274EBCB7AA2B95E2C316CB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Please tell me someone else was in Aldi on the Long Mile Road today? I didn't have my phone with me but some gobsh*te parked in the traffic lanes in the Aldi carpark. If they had reversed a few feet they would have been in a parking spot but as it was people had to drive around the car while they were looking for a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Wheety wrote: »
    Please tell me someone else was in Aldi on the Long Mile Road today? I didn't have my phone with me but some gobsh*te parked in the traffic lanes in the Aldi carpark. If they had reversed a few feet they would have been in a parking spot but as it was people had to drive around the car while they were looking for a spot.

I would well believe it. There is something about Aldi and Lidl car parks that makes people think they can park like fools. If it is not parking right at the door for a "minute" then it is in a driving lane blocking off everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd like to thank this prized moron for parking on double yellow lines outside my estate. Our estate is on a busy hill, and we have double yellow lines outside to prevent any cars parking close to the junction (As is the law). Otherwise we can't see cars coming down the hill at 50mph and we have to dangerously nose out inch by inch hoping not to cause an accident. Nearly had the front of the car taken off by Hickeys Coach Hire very special attempt at parking. Here's hoping someone from the Company sees this and has a good explanation.

Also, a big big thank you to the Gard who did nothing when the guy parked there in the first place, despite being 5 metres away.

166573.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I didn't take a picture today but at Fanore beach in North Clare there is a big feck of 2mtr barrier to stop high vehicles getting in. A COACH parked right in the entrance to the car park so that only one vehicle could enter and leave at the time.

I admit on google maps the barrier has not been placed yet

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Fanore+beach,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=53.118396,-9.282911&spn=0.008577,0.022724&sll=53.111703,-9.290963&sspn=0.017285,0.045447&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.11851,-9.282756&panoid=52aWgegrpONdt1lQleCgiw&cbp=12,6.65,,0,10.54

Cue me trying to leave and unable to see to the left. Nudge Nudge Nudge out and wooooossssshhh a massive coach flys past nearly taking my car with it.

Fvcking asshole driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

IMAG0062.jpg

only going into get 2 bottles of wine and he had his park anywhere lights on so guess twas ok lol

Get back to your own car park Gers!!!

They are always at that outside the Party store. It's not as though there aren't enough spaces. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Gers_punto wrote: »
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr175/Gers-punto/IMAG0062.jpg

only going into get 2 bottles of wine and he had his park anywhere lights on so guess twas ok lol

If the Yaris was not there he would have probably parked inside.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

Owen wrote: »
    I'd like to thank this prized moron for parking on double yellow lines outside my estate. Our estate is on a busy hill, and we have double yellow lines outside to prevent any cars parking close to the junction (As is the law). Otherwise we can't see cars coming down the hill at 50mph and we have to dangerously nose out inch by inch hoping not to cause an accident. Nearly had the front of the car taken off by Hickeys Coach Hire very special attempt at parking. Here's hoping someone from the Company sees this and has a good explanation.

Also, a big big thank you to the Gard who did nothing when the guy parked there in the first place, despite being 5 metres away.

Match day parking? You should have seen the Ennis Rd & Condell Road at the Coonagh roundabout and Lwr. Shelbourne Rd in Limerick yesterday, a double header on in the Gaelic Grounds and cars seems to be allowed park at will whereever they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

Match day parking? You should have seen the Ennis Rd & Condell Road at the Coonagh roundabout and Lwr. Shelbourne Rd in Limerick yesterday, a double header on in the Gaelic Grounds and cars seems to be allowed park at will whereever they like.

Even the gardaí on point duty in the housing estates were letting anyone ballsy enough to chance their arm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Decency and Gardaí upholding the law seems to go out the window when it's match day parking in question. The animals - and there's no better word I could use - who bully their cars into places they shouldn't be, and disregard people's lives never fails to amaze me. Today, we'd an X5 park itself in our estate and break off one of the kerb stones around the green area he decided was now his park. Rude as anything when asked to move, and his biggest concern wasn't that he'd torn up the grass, broken the kerb, but that his flask might roll under the seat and hit his ham sangiches on the way down.

The GAA are as much to blame as anyone, building stadiums in Cities and providing absolutely no parking, and it drives me mental to see that they want to redevelop Pairc Uí Chaoimh into a 50k capacity stadium with ... no parking again. No other organisation would be allowed to get away with it. No other organisation would be allowed to have their members park with such disregard. The least they could do would be to include a page or two in each programme about parking respectfully and not parking on double yellow lines, green areas and blocking people in - in other words if you can't find a park, drive further away until you do, don't go breaking the rules just cause the local muckball match is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Owen wrote: »
    The least they could do would be to include a page or two in each programme about parking respectfully and not parking on double yellow lines, green areas and blocking people in - in other words if you can't find a park, drive further away until you do, don't go breaking the rules just cause the local muckball match is on.

That's a bit naive if you don't mind me saying so if you think some words in the programme are going to alter the behaviour of selfish assholes like the guy in the X5 you described above.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

coylemj wrote: »
    That's a bit naive if you don't mind me saying so if you think some words in the programme are going to alter the behaviour of selfish assholes like the guy in the X5 you described above.
    It won't stop everyone, but IMO it would help. The more you raise awareness, the less socially acceptable it becomes.

phog wrote: »
    Driver parks in disabled spot and walks to the shop :eek: the parking spots immediately in front of his car have no parking restrictions.

Would just like to point out that my Mam has a disability badge but can walk, however only for a few minutes at a time. So not every disabled person should be in a wheelchair and may be able to walk.

This guy probably had no disability, but ya never know! Did he have a badge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

pearse-street.jpeg?62804

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I can imagine the moment the clamper spotted that van...

Evil-Laugh.png&sa=X&ei=JvoaTt3GBYXMhAfl5-3MBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGpACaNJ4C8vU6FHCtat5mCE3vNwQ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

sometimes, just sometimes i would like to be a clamper (in general i wouldn't cos they get a shedload of abuse) and clamp some of the abnoxious feckers i see :D

Traffic Solutions. They fit/fix traffic lights amongst other things. Why is everybody so thrilled to see it clamped?

Not even obnoxious, probably just over time.

• Advertisement

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Traffic Solutions. They fit/fix traffic lights amongst other things. Why is everybody so thrilled to see it clamped?

Not even obnoxious, probably just over time.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/aug/30/childprotection.society ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Anan1 wrote: »

Sorry but I'm missing something here, what has a clamped van got to do with that article?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

jq40a1.jpg
    There is a line between the 2 spaces, hard to see though!
    Jetland limerick.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES

People parking at 90 degree angles. ****!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Beer Baron wrote: »
    AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES

People parking at 90 degree angles. ****!!! :mad:

Those new Mercs really stick to the road.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

phill106 wrote: »
    http://i56.tinypic.com/jq40a1.jpg
    There is a line between the 2 spaces, hard to see though!
    Jetland limerick.

You make MugMugs neck hurt :mad:

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    Would just like to point out that my Mam has a disability badge but can walk, however only for a few minutes at a time. So not every disabled person should be in a wheelchair and may be able to walk.

This guy probably had no disability, but ya never know! Did he have a badge?

I didn't check had he a badge but he didnt seem to have any bother walking, I watched him walk to the trolly bay nearest the entrance, no small trollies there so he walked back towards his car and got one from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

This guy in the lorry thought it would be a good idea to block in a row of cars and go missing for a little bit. But it was all fine, everyone stayed calm thanks to his magnificent hazard lights !!

2a9trut.jpg

• Advertisement

bijapos wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm missing something here, what has a clamped van got to do with that article?
    17 people 'thanked' the post with the pic of the clamped Traffic Solutions Ltd van. Why do you think that is?;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement