Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

and next to it...

2z3p5hx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Superquinn in sutton and Howth village have to be the obnoxious parking capitals of Ireland. I saw a guy in an XC90 park on a corner in the car park on a double yellow line and then leave his three kids in the car while he went off to the chemist. (For obvious reasons I don't take pictures of unsupervised kids.)

There is also a woman who parks once a week outside the academy of music on westland row - parks in the cycle lane, with the engine running and hazards on, two kids left in the car while she runs in to (presumably) pick up her third kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

another one, young couple about 20 years of age parking handy ( plenty of free spaces around), apparently this free disabled space visible in front of a camera was taken shortly by some young cheek... whats wrong with people?

2nk6uzd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Those scummers in Little Island eh'

Gone into the Spar for that important Racing Post!

Not to mind there are 100's of spaces in that car park. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Some tidy parking at a garage which caused problems for a while, especially when there was a car at the pump to the right of the photo.

Badparkinggarage1.jpg?t=1274871505

Couldn't get closer to the door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Tesco in Roscommon town. Wrong on so many levels:

26052010778.jpg

First of all, yes, that's the Taxi Pick-Up point. The woman that failed to even try to park her minivan there is sitting with the rear all the way out in the lane around the carpark with plenty of space in front of her AND the carpark is half empty.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

typical for tesco, all of them are like that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

marious wrote: »
    typical for tesco, all of them are like that :/

Yep. Too true. But what beats the **** out of me is, they'll pay for gym membership, but are incapable of walking 20 extra feet to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

What the picture doesn’t show is that the 2 cars are making the disabled parking space more difficult to access.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What the picture doesn’t show is that the 2 cars are making the disabled parking space more difficult to access.

are they supposed to be motorbike spaces or just a hatched out area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Hatched out, you can just make out the leg of the disabled logo on the right of the red car, its there to let disabled drivers access the spot, should be painted yellow probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

This thread is SO big I'm not sure if anyone has brought it up but in the case of a car park where there are 2 spaces left and if someone to the left or right has crossed over the line, if I think that they will damage my car while trying to get out, then I will use 2 spaces and will gladly pay for them if required to do so.

In my opinion slightly over the line is the same as way over the line...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

mrboswell wrote: »
    will gladly pay for them if required to do so.
    But if they are free you will block up a much needed space? (must be needed if you chose to park there)
    In my opinion slightly over the line is the same as way over the line...
    In my opinion two wrongs dont make a right. And everyone knows the solution to the line crossers is to park 3 inches from their drivers door...within the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Nice sock there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

After years of watching my pennies I finally graduated to the car I really wanted. It's gleaming white with a 2L engine that goes like s**t off a shovel. So, when I take her ladyship to Tesco I find an area where there are wide open spaces and no-one parked nearby. Invariably, when we return to my pride and joy (no, not her) some fricken idiot has parked a heap of scrap metal close to the side so that I have to drive out to let her ladyship get in. That, to me, is sheer begrudgery. Do I have the human right to slap their b****y heads in?

Too many people in this country don't know how to drive, don't know how to park, and simply don't care that they don't know.

GreeBo wrote: »
    But if they are free you will block up a much needed space? (must be needed if you chose to park there) Probable but unfortunate

In my opinion two wrongs dont make a right. And everyone knows the solution to the line crossers is to park 3 inches from their drivers door...within the lines. If someone is over the line you may have no other option but to park crooked. If they parked that way in the 1st place and there is not other place to park that in between 2 space is the only choice. Parking within 3 inches of a bad parker is not going to be a solution if they are stupid enough to still try and get in. Besides you still might not be able to get in between lines.

All I'm saying is that its not always due to being obnoxious, ignorant or lazy.

I just don't want to come back to scratches all over my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

All I'm saying is that its not always due to being obnoxious, ignorant or lazy.

I just don't want to come back to scratches all over my car.

IMO thats not an excuse. If you cannot park within the lines then Im sorry but the carpark is full. What do you do when there are no empty spaces, just abandon your car? This is no different. There are no spaces that you can get into.

If you park over the line aswell then you are either blocking an empty space (why didnt you park there first??) or you are getting dangerously close to an existing car, something you said that you dont want to do...so which is it?:confused:

GreeBo wrote: »
    IMO thats not an excuse. If you cannot park within the lines then Im sorry but the carpark is full. What do you do when there are no empty spaces, just abandon your car? This is no different. There are no spaces that you can get into.

If you park over the line aswell then you are either blocking an empty space (why didnt you park there first??) or you are getting dangerously close to an existing car, something you said that you dont want to do...so which is it?:confused:

Well I thought I was making it clear but here goes....

If there are limited spaces and my choice involves 2 spaces, one which an already parked car has badly parked and crossed the line, I will park in the middle of the 2. Either way one space is gone by using your "If you cannot park within the lines then I'm sorry but the carpark is full" logic. The space is not empty if a person is over the line already.

This is only in the case that there is only a space remaining beside someone who is parked over the line.

If you ever had serious damage done to you car by a plonker parked beside you then you might be a little closer to understanding where I am coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Well I thought I was making it clear but here goes....

If there are limited spaces and my choice involves 2 spaces, one which an already parked car has badly parked and crossed the line, I will park in the middle of the 2. Either way one space is gone by using your "If you cannot park within the lines then I'm sorry but the carpark is full" logic. The space is not empty if a person is over the line already.

This is only in the case that there is only a space remaining beside someone who is parked over the line.

If you ever had serious damage done to you car by a plonker parked beside you then you might be a little closer to understanding where I am coming from.

I don't get what your saying, if there are two spaces free with one side where someone has parked over the line then why not park in the space (properly) where there is no car going over the line?

Or do you mean that there's one space (I don't think so but you talk about one space at the end)

Or is it it that there's two spaces with two cars parked over the line?

Orla K wrote: »
    I don't get what your saying, if there are two spaces free with one side where someone has parked over the line then why not park in the space (properly) where there is no car going over the line?

Or do you mean that there's one space (I don't think so but you talk about one space at the end)

Or is it it that there's two spaces with two cars parked over the line?

First part - Because I have done so before - I've taken say the free left space and someone comes along and parks in the right space beside the car parked over the line. Now the car that parked beside me is over my line - same situation as the initial car that is over the line. Now the car beside me it parked on top of me

I know what I'm doing in that scenario is not "right" but its the best of a bad situation, for me anyway.

If you think that is bad.....I was walking into Tesco about 2 weeks ago, having parked perfectly in my own space ;), and a woman with a child in the car was about to pull into a mother/child parking space when another woman pulled in and parked. She got out of the car, started to walk away and the woman with the baby got out and said "why are you parking there if you don't have a child with you?". The woman who parked said "so what, now F@@k Off!". I was amazed as was the woman with the child. I told her to report the car to security/car park attendant, which she did, and he told her that he couldn't do anything - they only have power to act if someone parks in a designated disabled parking spot. Now that is obnoxious parking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

GetAttachment.jpg

St.Lukes cross in Cork at rush hour.

I blame his mother for patting him on the head every day and telling him he was special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

First part - Because I have done so before - I've taken say the free left space and someone comes along and parks in the right space beside the car parked over the line. Now the car that parked beside me is over my line - same situation as the initial car that is over the line. Now the car beside me it parked on top of me

I get you now, what confused me is I don't think you mentioned another car parking wrong and I had it in my head that they would do what I do, which is park in the lines next to a car parked badly but it's an easy thing for me to do(skinny car, there's always about a foot both sides in a normal space)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Neither car had a disabled parking permit
    IMG_0129.jpg

Parked right across from the main entrance in Dunnes on the Childers Rd retail park Limerick. This is a b1tch of a place to get in and out of without idiots like this.
    IMG_0123.jpg

:rolleyes:
    IMG_0120.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

You see that Range Rover. It's there EVERY DAY in the same space ALWAYS taking up two spaces. Sometimes there is a Blue Sh*t box of a Civic Coupe with horrible red wheels parked next to it. Im going to say they work in Halfords but they probably park so far away because its a little quieter in that area of the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Berty wrote: »
    Sometimes there is a Blue Sh*t box of a Civic Coupe with horrible red wheels parked next to it. Im going to say they work in Halfords but they probably park so far away because its a little quieter in that area of the car park.

He does,the owner is as ignorant as his parking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Berty wrote: »
    You see that Range Rover. It's there EVERY DAY in the same space ALWAYS taking up two spaces..
    I taught I had seen it before alight

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Another Fecker, this time in the Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick.

Note the Disabled Badge and note the 2 disabled spaces are full.

What do you do now? Find another disabled space? FVCK NO!

IMG_0085.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I hope they just clamped him cos its a Gheewizz (or however its spelt)
    What does Ghee normally mean to you?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

If that was my RR I'd probably park in the exact same spot: it's a fair distance away from most everything, there are ample parking elsewhere, no ignorant selfish careless idiot can park next to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

TSK !!!

WheelchairParking.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement