Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Anan1 wrote: »
    17 people 'thanked' the post with the pic of the clamped Traffic Solutions Ltd van. Why do you think that is?;)

I get the picture alright, dont get the link to this article on suspected paedophiles. :confused:
    Doctor driven out of home by vigilantes

Special report: child protection

Self-styled vigilantes attacked the home of a hospital paediatrician after apparently confusing her professional title with the word "paedophile", it emerged yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bijapos wrote: »
    I get the picture alright, dont get the link to this article on suspected paedophiles. :confused:
    Why do you think that all those (19 now!) people thanked the pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

because he was a paedophile???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Well, you already explained it on the page previously.
    Lets call it a case of mistaken identity :rolleyes:
    I had to look again myself. :D

You have to admit though, at first glance, it does look like a clamper van.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

cadaliac wrote: »
    You have to admit though, at first glance, it does look like a clamper van.
    Absolutely, it was the first thought that crossed my mind too. The point is that too much assuming and too little observing & reasoning will make a fool out of anyone. I mean, people are still thanking it, FFS.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

i doubt that everybody though it was a clamper van it was still ironic thet it was called traffic solutions

Personally, I think that people are scanning the pages for pics of OP's and ignoring all the comments thereafter.
    I'm also guilty of that when I'm at work or just busy. I do it on the HWIST pages also. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

why so few pretty pics today? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Weh...hey!!! My 5er is pictured a few pages back. Apologies to anyone who took offence from my parking on that day. I must have being having an off day, I was taking up 2 spaces in a supermarket car-park.. And I'm usually so careful about that sort of thing.... I usually take up MY 4 spaces!!! Next challenge............. 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Hilarious. Take you long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Absolutely, it was the first thought that crossed my mind too. The point is that too much assuming and too little observing & reasoning will make a fool out of anyone. I mean, people are still thanking it, FFS.:D

OK I understand it now. I never mistook that van for a clamper, I know the company and what they do, I thought the photo was irionic with "Traffic Solutions" on it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Mugser wrote: »
    Weh...hey!!! My 5er is pictured a few pages back. Apologies to anyone who took offence from my parking on that day. I must have being having an off day, I was taking up 2 spaces in a supermarket car-park.. And I'm usually so careful about that sort of thing.... I usually take up MY 4 spaces!!! Next challenge............. 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link please? always nice to put a car to a name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

apparently its ok to park like this while you run into the doctors surgery in askeaton... what ya dont see is the driver in the car in front beeping like a lunatic waiting fo the owner of the rav 4
    IMAG0071-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Probably more stupid than obnoxious!
    2B56AC1F60FB4FCCB9309220621331BC-0000344467-0002436382-00800L-C134CCAD5B0F4C41A1A1F2D3B91CD0B6.jpg
    4B16768290744F5EB18CF3215509BF41-0000344467-0002436381-00800L-06274D94853944BAAAC9D64EBBCC1A49.jpg
    C3F7033769BC4EDE84BB897905CFC40F-0000344467-0002436380-00800L-6301D2ADE7924DB996CBECA5BF23E999.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Edit: Never mind, MCMLXXV has it covered! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Made me chuckle.

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Edit: Never mind, MCMXXV has it covered! :D
    They're your photos, post away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Brilliant! Post of the month.

Tallon wrote: »
    They're your photos, post away :)

You've a future in copyright law :p I'd rather not clutter the thread up though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You've a future in copyright law :p I'd rather not clutter the thread up though!

Sorry - I saw them on YLYL and thought they were fitting for here - I can remove if you like so you can repost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Looking at the state of the rear arch - I'd guess its not the first time that poor Golf has gotten up close & personal with a wall! :rolleyes:

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Sorry - I saw them on YLYL and thought they were fitting for here - I can remove if you like so you can repost?

No it's grand don't worry! Unless you work for a paper, in that case I charge €1000 a photo, discount for boardsies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Classic, pure and utter classic. TWERP!

Top Dog wrote: »
    Looking at the state of the rear arch - I'd guess its not the first time that poor Golf has gotten up close & personal with a wall! :rolleyes:
    +1
    most common place for a car to get scrapes - offside rear.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I was in Tesco Coonagh Cross at 10pm on Sunday and 90% of the cars were parked in disabled spots and no visible cards.

There didn't seem to be any disabled folk on the shop either ( very empty ).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

parsi wrote: »
    I was in Tesco Coonagh Cross at 10pm on Sunday and 90% of the cars were parked in disabled spots and no visible cards.

There didn't seem to be any disabled folk on the shop either ( very empty ).

The car park was built to accomadate the unfinished shopping centre hence all the disabled parking spaces. It is crazy how many people abuse parking at Tesco especially the layabout scumbags who just abandon the car at the door.

I parked right in front of the wooden gate into the construction yard. 2 spaces for the price of one :D and a lad says to me "You're blocking the gate".................Yeah buddy they are going to start work on the new shopping centre any day now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Dublin Airport T2 car Park...

(no disabled yoke on Porsche btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Merbhp wrote: »
    Dublin Airport T2 car Park...

(no disabled yoke on Porsche btw)

I can't believe I'm considering defending a BMW, but I'm not sure what you'd fit in the space closest to the wall, other than a motor bike. Maybe I'm just looking at it funny, but to me it look like in order to be the same size as the space beside it, it would need to extend to the metal join in the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thoie wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm considering defending a BMW, but I'm not sure what you'd fit in the space closest to the wall, other than a motor bike. Maybe I'm just looking at it funny, but to me it look like in order to be the same size as the space beside it, it would need to extend to the metal join in the road.

There is a space in Tesco Nenagh where the furthest left space was made by monkeys. They clearly didn't measure the car park before embarking on their line painting. IF I can get the space next to it I straddle both of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement