Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

pug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

This guy had to run into Centra for the milk and bread, god forbid he'd waste 30 seconds parking properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

When this guy grows up, I bet he won't feature here..

(Jump to about 24s in)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Both decided to park on hatched areas despite there being ample parking spaces available to park correctly.

This guy drives up passing several parking spots and then wheels into the one area he should park in.

2CCBF01F916948EAB5986078EA0C80AD-0000316185-0002440685-00800L-3F49B4178AE9423E904A113D4E22FD53.jpg

Green VW swings into the space and abanonds it as is.
    41C62A5EFBF94FBAA30FFFF8B2A4532A-0000316185-0002440686-00800L-30683517FDB749CF913051A61AC1BD77.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why find parkign when you can stop in a bus and cycle lane
    img20110713093044.jpg

No disabled badge but maybe it was the last spot
    img20110713104432.jpg

Nope

img20110713104339.jpg

Lidl again. This one was every bit the stereotype. Overweight with tight shorts and a sleevless top. Money came out of the bra to pay for the shopping. There was also a fifth child knocking aroudn so safety not a priority.

img20110712121351.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Parking on footpath

167389.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

outside marios chipper ballybunion, i am stopped outside about to put the car in reverse to reverse into a space and this lunatic pull straight in here gets out and goes into the chipper
    IMAG0074.jpg

get into the space then the jag goes away,few mins pass then this mad man comes along and abandons his yoke
    IMAG0075.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Coonagh cross nearly deserves a thread of its own.

Polo driver is a habitual offender. Couldnt even be arsed to straighten the car.
    IMG_0088.jpg

Speaks for itself..

IMG_0093.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

phog wrote: »
    Both decided to park on hatched areas despite there being ample parking spaces available to park correctly.

This guy drives up passing several parking spots and then wheels into the one area he should park in.

2CCBF01F916948EAB5986078EA0C80AD-0000316185-0002440685-00800L-3F49B4178AE9423E904A113D4E22FD53.jpg

Is that one of those "How's my driving?" signs on the back of the UPC van ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I genuinely wonder when people see a big tesco sign do their brains automatically fall out their left ear hole or something. I finally decided to post up pics of my local tesco kip recently & i had to laugh when is saw at the last few tesco 1's up above as well.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Merbhp wrote: »
    Dublin Airport T2 car Park...

(no disabled yoke on Porsche btw)

Did you see did the Audi hit the Merc? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is that one of those "How's my driving?" signs on the back of the UPC van ? :pac:

Yes, I was going to ring and say the driving is perfect it's when he parks that he has problems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Toots* wrote: »
    Did you see did the Audi hit the Merc? :eek:

Why not the merc hitting the audi???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

parsi wrote: »
    I was in Tesco Coonagh Cross at 10pm on Sunday and 90% of the cars were parked in disabled spots and no visible cards.

There didn't seem to be any disabled folk on the shop either ( very empty ).

Tell me about it, no point in complaining to security though, saw one of them park in the disabled spot himself and walk ably to the door!
    Was tempted to mail them, congratulating them on their equal oppurtunity employment policies, but I did not see a badge on his car...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

4FM were discussing parking the week before in Disabled spaces and I text in to say the Security Guards in the Regional Hospital Limerick use the Disabled parking at the outpatients door after 6pm when the door is supposedly not in use(it is open though just less traffic after 6pm).

He read it out but said "ah you didn't name the hospital". Feckin producer probably removed the name.

I e-mailed the hospital administrator whom said, "we will look into it". As of last night, yep, they are still parking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Probably more stupid than obnoxious!
    2B56AC1F60FB4FCCB9309220621331BC-0000344467-0002436382-00800L-C134CCAD5B0F4C41A1A1F2D3B91CD0B6.jpg

WOMAN driver??????????

please say yes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

fryup wrote: »
    WOMAN driver??????????

Nope.

Helicopter pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

fryup wrote: »
    WOMAN driver??????????

Any further sexist remarks will result in infractions or bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭911s

Back half of car out over road, parked on path, parked on double yellow line, parked on corner, no parking signs, did I miss anything?IMG-20110718-00024.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

911s wrote: »
    Back half of car out over road, parked on path, parked on double yellow line, parked on corner, no parking signs, did I miss anything?IMG-20110718-00024.jpg

Cuddly toys in rear window.
    Should be a hanging offence, sign of a sick mind, usually goes along with a freakishly tidy desk.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

So off I went for a wee bit of shopping in the local supermarket yesterday and I just KNEW I would find something. The reason I knew is that I generally relate LH Registrations to bad parking / driving (this is merely my own personal opinion from years of watching it) And this lad was the only one I could safely capture
    IMAG0022.jpg

Walking through Blanch today I had to admire this not so obnoxious but still worthy of an image parking.
    IMAG0024.jpg

And I really cannot understand why this person parked their CR-Z in this lads office ! :D
    IMAG0143.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That space must be a magnet for stupid parking

00adb110.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I came on here expecting to see a photo of my car today.

I was taking up 6 spaces in Liffey Valley just beside Argos. I forgot to get my mum anything for her Birthday. It was closing time I could see that the security guard was only letting people out, so I dumped the car and ran. The guard let me in. But when I came out there was someone taking a photo of my car. When I seen the car I just laughed.

There was like a million other spaces though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Thats like no excuse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I came on here expecting to see a photo of my car today.

I was taking up 6 spaces in Liffey Valley just beside Argos. I forgot to get my mum anything for her Birthday. It was closing time I could see that the security guard was only letting people out, so I dumped the car and ran. The guard let me in. But when I came out there was someone taking a photo of my car. When I seen the car I just laughed.

There was like a million other spaces though.

Still tough and I don`t mean to be anal as she`s loves it, with all the spaces there, would`nt it have been WAY easy to pull in to one properly?

There`s a Eurospa car park near me and its smaller than something that`s really small, I always try to park me passion wagon as straight as I can, they made them spaces for smart cars and all them massive pillars don`t make it easy to get out once you`ve parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

911s wrote: »

ahhh, donaghmede shoppin centre.... theyre always at it there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

This weekend just gone I've seen three incidents of ignorant people whack their car doors off the car parked next to them causing noticeable damage. Mentioned it to one offender & they just looked at the crease & they just shrugged their shoulders.
    Parking "properly" doesn't always pay.
    Having said that I would never condone parking in disabled spots without the permit.
    However I would say that any "obnoxious" parking in an empty car park particularly where that "obnoxious" parking took place at the furthest point away from the door of the shop/premises should not feature in this thread. Posting this type of parking misses the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

However I would say that any "obnoxious" parking in an empty car park particularly where that "obnoxious" parking took place at the furthest point away from the door of the shop/premises should not feature in this thread. Posting this type of parking misses the point.

If your parking at the opposite end of the car park then theres no need to park across 2 spaces.

If the car park is full, obnoxious parkign is obnoxious parking regardles of how far away from the door it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

2 new instances from the last few days. First one is Tesco in Maynooth:

img0051ix.jpg

Second one is also Maynooth, same place as the Pallas Foods truck I uploaded a few days ago:

img0052oq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

If your parking at the opposite end of the car park then theres no need to park across 2 spaces.

If the car park is full, obnoxious parkign is obnoxious parking regardles of how far away from the door it is.

Why does it matter in an empty car park? It is of no consequence to other users in said empty car park. I have just handed out €310 last week because of other inconsiderate parkers to get my car fixed. And that is not the first time I have had to pay out over the years for similar repairs. An before you say it I was not parked across two spaces when the damage occurred, in fact I was wedged up against the wall in an end space of the far end of a half empty car park. There's always some ****** who thinks it necessary to park next to another car no matter how empty the car park is.
    I am seriously considering utilising the 2 space idea in future (in half empty car parks) no matter how obnoxious people think it is.

Finally I didn't say in a full car park, did you read what you quote? Obviously that is a different scenario. I specifically commented on empty (or half empty) car parks.

I would consider those ******* that damaged my car to be far more obnoxious parkers than anyone who takes up two spaces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement