Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Parking is tight enough here without this carry on....
    Image0272.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

lewis wrote: »
    Still tough and I don`t mean to be anal as she`s loves it, with all the spaces there, would`nt it have been WAY easy to pull in to one properly?

There`s a Eurospa car park near me and its smaller than something that`s really small, I always try to park me passion wagon as straight as I can, they made them spaces for smart cars and all them massive pillars don`t make it easy to get out once you`ve parked.

Yes it would have been very easy but I just wasn't thinking about anything except getting through them doors.

The car park in Blanch is ridiculous, the spaces are tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

rLOhE.jpg

BzwwL.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

All the free space were there when they pulled in???
    IMG_20110121_122727.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

We should just ignore the markings that the supermarkets etc. put down and just park sensible, after all they put notices up saying they are not responsible for any loss or damage, I have trouble getting my car into their small spaces in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

TBQgr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Not too hot on my american cars, Corvette Z1s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Among others yea. I think I see a stingray under the rear wing of the plane on the right tho.

Some older vette's there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

And look at that yellow one in front of the plane on the left, parked across 2 rows.

How inconsiderate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Picture.jpg supervalue ashbourne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

What's the story with all the Corvettes anyway, is there a story behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Might be this
    http://superdork.net/horsepower/blog/?p=81

Park Your Vette on an Aircraft Carrier

The Corpus Christi Corvette Club is going to attempt a world record for number of Corvettes on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. The chosen carrier is the USS Lexington, located in Corpus Christi, Texas. They don’t mention if there’s already a world record, nor do they say if Guiness will actually be there (they just say they’re invited). But who cares – how many chances will you get to drive onto an aircraft carrier?
    The Lexington is an Essex-class WWII carrier that is moored in Corpus and serves as a naval aviation museum, owned by the city. The ship was commissioned in 1943 and was decommissioned in 1991. She earned the nickname “Blue Ghost” after the Japanese reported her sunk four times. More information about the ship can be found here.
    The date is September 15, 2007. Watch their site for more information.
    http://www.vettesandjetsonthelex.com/

... work laptop wont let the link through

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Tallon wrote: »
    TBQgr.jpg

What if the aircraft carrier was going at full speed at sea and the captain suddenly threw out the anchors. How many Corvettes do you think would fly off the front of the ship into the sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

bijapos wrote: »
    What if the aircraft carrier was going at full speed at sea and the captain suddenly threw out the anchors. How many Corvettes do you think would fly off the front of the ship into the sea?

If there are no double yellow lines then I'm sure the drivers assumed they were safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bijapos wrote: »
    None.

Do you know how far it takes a ship like that to stop? Throwing out the anchor(s) won't actually be all that effective. It is the chain (and hter ewill be lots) attached to the anchor that keeps a ship form moving too much. It won't stop a ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

One going out the wrong way as well...

167767.JPG

167768.JPG

167769.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Outside the cinema in Santry. Plenty of spots around, and this is a no-mans land.
    5958441435_25a0df3277.jpg
    5958997688_60f741c2ef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Who parks a fire engine on a residential street? This beauty has been parked on the path at St Columbanus Road for a few days now. Dublin Fire Brigade tell me that it's too old to be one of their current units.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Who parks a fire engine on a residential street? This beauty has been parked on the path at St Columbanus Road for a few days now. Dublin Fire Brigade tell me that it's too old to be one of their current units.

Gotta store your Run around fire engine somewhere !

I assume if it's not offical anymore that the owner is breaking some serious laws with the two's and blues still on her !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

MugMugs wrote: »
    Gotta store your Run around fire engine somewhere !

I assume if it's not offical anymore that the owner is breaking some serious laws with the two's and blues still on her !

if you zoom in on the second image...you can see a man on a ladder..looks like a painter.Maybe he,s just showing off to his painter mates with his new way of transporting his ladders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

mattjack wrote: »
    if you zoom in on the second image...you can see a man on a ladder..looks like a painter.Maybe he,s just showing off to his painter mates with his new way of transporting his ladders.

Actually, the painter spotted me taking the photos, and had a bit of a laugh with me about the ladders, saying something like 'wouldn't it be great if I had one of them to do me job'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Does anyone know what the f*** there are always a line of cars parked opposite the Lidl on the Dundalk bypass beside St Helenas Park?

It has to be one of the narrowest, busiest roads in the town and bastards park all the way along it when there is a Lidl 10 metres across the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Does anyone know what the f*** there are always a line of cars parked opposite the Lidl on the Dundalk bypass beside St Helenas Park?
    There are bargains across the road and the spaces at the door are taken OBVIOUSLY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Dole day in my local town today all our <snip> friends parked in the disabled spaces outside lidl they dont give a f**k for anyone no wonder all their women have big fat arses too lazy to walk from proper parking area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

(1) The car exiting the wrong way a few posts back. Maybe they didn't want to pay to park their car at a public amenity. I wouldn't like to have to pay for the area that my taxes pay for in the first place

(2) The cars parked in that underground. Most apartments get two spaces. Those spaces are numbered. Maybe they only have one car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Local Fire Limo company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i dont think its illegal to have blues and twos on your vehicle, maybe its illegal to use them (although I know of an Ambulance guy with blues and twos on his private car and he uses them...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Slushfund

Jayas lads some of ye would want to get a life, most of the examples are not too bad, if they are not parked dangerously, not blocking anyone, or misusing a disabled space, who cares. I just ingnore other peoples parking and look about my own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

corktina wrote: »
    i dont think its illegal to have blues and twos on your vehicle, maybe its illegal to use them (although I know of an Ambulance guy with blues and twos on his private car and he uses them...)

Silver Mondeo??:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement