Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

No wonder its so hard to get a spot in my building!

English reg in the first photo and Northern Irish reg in the second, if they are resident in Ireland a quick call to Revenue's VRT department would free up a few parking spaces :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

One way to avoid barrier parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

img0291yk.jpg[/URL]

What an absolute arse. That drives me absolutely bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

standing outside work last night and i was absolutely amazed, and cameraless, one guy driving along, then pulls right in across two handicapped spaces, leaving absolutely no way for either one of them to be used, hops out and off he goes. Same again but in regular spaces, just swing in across two spaces and happy out like a pig in ****. Pure laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Not related to parking as such, but I feel I have to vent.

I was behind a car earlier and we where coming up to a small round about and as you get near it, it splits into two lanes, one for going right and one for either left or straight.

So your man put on his indicator, that was fine I new where he was headed, so I went into the other lane as it opened up, as where both coming up to the round about he starts to take the turn wide, as in verge into my lane, I had no where to go, apart from the footpath, her clearly did`nt know I was there, I laid on the horn big time, there was literally 2-3 inches before he started to verge back into his lane, no sudden breaking, swerving, nothing, as if I was`nt there and he went on to his turn.

I was boiling, I had my family in the car, the fact that he did`nt seem to notice anything, really pissed me off.
    What is it with people swerving into the outside lane when going right, same even when there going straight?

It amazes me the amount of people who don`t know how to approach and manage a round about, any ways rant over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

lewis wrote: »
    Not related to parking as such, but I feel I have to vent.

Wow, not related to parking at all!

That's proper off-topic posting, that is!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

left his lights on whilst being parked like a moron, still there 45 minutes later, hopefully his battery punished him for his crimes against car parks

there was also a traffic warden sniffing around as I was leaving so maybe he got a fine too

168210.jpg

-Chris- wrote: »
    Wow, not related to parking at all!

That's proper off-topic posting, that is!! :)

I`m mad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Slushfund

What an absolute arse. That drives me absolutely bonkers.

Could be an old persons car though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,560 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Slushfund wrote: »
    Could be an old persons car though

Rules of the road apply to all drivers be they old or young, if they are unable to follow the rules of the road because of their age they shouldn't be drving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Slushfund

Rules of the road apply to all drivers be they old or young, if they are unable to follow the rules of the road because of their age they shouldn't be drving.

I wouldn't be as quick as that to judge someone and take away their independence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The only solution to this madness is to fit long knives sticking up out of the ground where the white lines are. People won't be long learning how to park between them then. Oh, and snipers. We need some snipers to weed out the chaff from the gene pool.

Owen wrote: »
    The only solution to this madness is to fit long knives sticking up out of the ground where the white lines are. People won't be long learning how to park between them then. Oh, and snipers. We need some snipers to weed out the chaff from the gene pool.

I`ve seen more sensible parking in a field.
    I`d bet you if there was no such thing as white parking lines people would have to actually use there parking know how in order to park correctly..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

d53773c5.jpg

Clearly thinks he's driving a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Typical Scousers ;) Have to win at something ;)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

DanWall wrote: »
    Luvbulmers01. How do you know that the cars parked in the disabled slots and not disabled people?

I know because I was sitting in the car park for about forty minutes waiting on the other half and i saw all of them drive in and get out of there cars, pack shopping away take kids out of there cars etc. Also they werent the only offenders there was a constant stream of people coming and going out of them disabled spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Just abandoned in Dunnes stores......abandoned....

23072011081.jpg

23072011083.jpg

23072011085.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Ballyvolane! Hate that car park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

corktina wrote: »
    Ballyvolane! Hate that car park
    It is indeed. And, yes a badly laid out car park.
    But, the car was joined by another special case while I was in the shop.
    23072011082.jpg

23072011085.jpg

The Octavia decided it was a good idea to join the party when he saw Focus abandoned like that. He (octy driver) did give me some looks when he saw me taking snaps with my phone. I was just waiting for him to ask, but he kept walking back wards into the shop looking at me taking the photos.
    It was all a bit surreal actually.

• Advertisement

cadaliac wrote: »
    23072011082.jpg

23072011085.jpg

The Octavia decided it was a good idea to join the party when he saw Focus abandoned like that. He (octy driver) did give me some looks when he saw me taking snaps with my phone. I was just waiting for him to ask, but he kept walking back wards into the shop looking at me taking the photos.

JESUS, how do these people get there licenses?
    That is just the dumbest, ignorant, moron, gob****e, luthran of a driver!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

23072011082.jpg

23072011085.jpg

That Skoda capture is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

but he kept walking back wards into the shop looking at me taking the photos.

like this?

homer_bushes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Eircom man is too busy up ladder to park. Metered spaces about 20m away.

Route would be impossible for a wheelchair user and difficult for anyone using a buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

This morning in Maynooth

dsc00066vj.jpg

I will point out that when this car initially "parked", there was not the empty space beside it, so the pic may look slightly more obnoxious than it actually was, but there were, however, tons of them elsewhere in the car park!

PS The Passat whose rear wing I just caught was only passing, not another offender alongside.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

cython wrote: »
    This morning in Maynooth
    You'll get a load of numpties parking arseways in that carpark.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

the_syco wrote: »
    You'll get a load of numpties parking arseways in that carpark.:pac:

Yeah, supermarket car parks seem to bring out the worst of people around here, when you consider some of the choice ones that have been seen there and in Tesco!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Why add a few metres to your walk home from the car when you can just plonk it down in the nearest handy spot? Walking is for losers anyway.

05-D-38748.jpg?t=1311608046

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement