Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Tallon wrote: »

I like the way someone went to the trouble of taking off the reg plate and turning it so that it faces the right way up again. The Belgians, such a sense of humour.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Why add a few metres to your walk home from the car when you can just plonk it down in the nearest handy spot? Walking is for losers anyway.

05-D-38748.jpg?t=1311608046

Whereas a lot of posts on this thread are more about plain bad parking than obnoxious parking, this is for me the height of obnoxious, downright selfish parking. Any car leaving this road will have to stop at the junction, and will have its arse sticking into the opposite lane making for a dangerous manouvere. Totally thoughtless, but as Iwannahurl says, its about not having to walk the extra few yards.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I quite like the French way of protesting against bad parkers by lifting their wipers and leaving them stick out.

I've often thought about doing it but feared that someone else would come along and snap them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Irish would treat it like a trophy ASBO

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I didn't get a picture of this as I was trying to do a manouver to go back the way I came. It was so bad I opened the window to say to a delivery driver whom couldn't believe his eyes.

See here in Westport outside the Centra

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=westport&hl=en&ll=53.798895,-9.545194&spn=0.008504,0.022724&safe=off&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.798895,-9.545194&panoid=aR_w2hd9mZ-W4614cNuQFA&cbp=12,26.79,,0,20.65

The car parked diagonally(Toyota Yaris)(facing the stone wall)in the right hand lane in the picture completely blocking the left and right lane. Why, who knows?????

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

photno.jpg
    photo.jpg
    DSC08007.jpg Jordanian Parking
    DSC06742.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Victor wrote: »
    None.

Do you know how far it takes a ship like that to stop? Throwing out the anchor(s) won't actually be all that effective. It is the chain (and hter ewill be lots) attached to the anchor that keeps a ship form moving too much. It won't stop a ship.

Sorry to be pedantic, buts it's not. If that was the case, why would you bother with the anchor at all, just pay out aload of cable?

Generally sufficient cable is paid out (between 4 and 6 times the depth of water) so that when the ship is brought up, the angle between the shank and seabed will be relatively small, meaning any force acting on the cable will encourage the flukes into the sea bed, as oppose to raising the shank and allowing the anchor to drag

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Caught on CCTV: The shocking moment a furious shopper knocks down warden who gave him a ticket for parking in mother-and-baby space

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018907/Caught-CCTV-Shopper-Martin-Takle-knocks-parking-warden-issued-ticket.html#ixzz1TEyV1EGD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Eircom man is too busy up ladder to park. Metered spaces about 20m away.

Route would be impossible for a wheelchair user and difficult for anyone using a buggy.

Eircom workers get BMW's now, jeez I want a job with them!

Merbhp wrote: »
    Caught on CCTV: The shocking moment a furious shopper knocks down warden who gave him a ticket for parking in mother-and-baby space

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018907/Caught-CCTV-Shopper-Martin-Takle-knocks-parking-warden-issued-ticket.html#ixzz1TEyV1EGD

Proper order. Supermarkets enforcing parking conditions. We had it here too, rather they just clamp you.

Childers Road in Limerick came down hard for a few weeks and now people are back to doing what they like.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

standing outside work last night and i was absolutely amazed, and cameraless, one guy driving along, then pulls right in across two handicapped spaces, leaving absolutely no way for either one of them to be used, hops out and off he goes. Same again but in regular spaces, just swing in across two spaces and happy out like a pig in ****. Pure laziness.

A langerette did that in Scally's Blackrock on Friday evening. Scally's is a twilight zone for parking anyway.

She got a tad upset when I called her out on it but didn't move to the 30-odd other spaces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

well done in clondalkin village.

img0084np.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Chippy01

How about this lot here in Bray.....
    Parking areas are marked on the street by the kerb. Those parking in the parking areas also half park on the footpath.
    Why?
    To allow illegal parking on the opposite side of the road.

Image0283.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is that one of those "How's my driving?" signs on the back of the UPC van ? :pac:

That "person" is a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Stinicker wrote: »
    Eircom workers get BMW's now, jeez I want a job with them!

You did open the 2nd image - right?

I'm just wondering if Eircom pay expenses to cover parking meters for their staff? What is the guy supposed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Yesterday in Skerries - and the Fiesta just as bad!

BTW the Fiesta parked after the Avensis.

168578.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yesterday in Skerries - and the Fiesta just as bad!

BTW the Fiesta parked after the Avensis.

IM]

The Avensis driver is the worst offender there imo. Either they are totally ignorant, or can't drive!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

The Avensis driver is the worst offender there imo. Either they are totally ignorant, or can't drive!?

Ignorant, total POS too, can't claim he was protecting the paintwork...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

At first glance you think some clown is being lazy and has parked up in front of a post office.

footpathparking.jpg

But then you look a little closer and it gets worse.

fireentrance.jpg

For clarity - the sign says "Fire Entrance, Do Not Park"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Tabnabs wrote: »
    At first glance you think some clown is being lazy and has parked up in front of a post office.

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/dyflin/Parking/footpathparking.jpg[/G] But then you look a little closer and it gets worse.[/img][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/dyflin/Parking/fireentrance.jpg[/IMG For clarity - the sign says "Fire Entrance, Do Not Park"[/img]
    maybe he is the fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

shblob wrote: »
    maybe he is the fire?

Twisted fire starter :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

jkdn5d.gif

Main road into Drogheda every Sunday mass or anytime there's a mass is on. Line of parked cars in the left lane of the dual carriageway. I've said some prayers myself... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Lads please dont't quote pics! Change the IMG tags to URL if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Why add a few metres to your walk home from the car when you can just plonk it down in the nearest handy spot? Walking is for losers anyway.

05-D-38748.jpg?t=1311608046
    heres my theory. A young person living in the houses behind the red car, operates a valeting service. I have seen cars parked at this location waiting to be valeted / washed, usually high end cars, taxi's etc, I wonder how he will cope when water charges come into operation?:)

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Lads please dont't quote pics! Change the IMG tags to URL if you want.

^^ hehe. You're invisible m8

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

dvcireland wrote: »
    heres my theory. A young person living in the houses behind the red car, operates a valeting service. I have seen cars parked at this location waiting to be valeted / washed, usually high end cars, taxi's etc, I wonder how he will cope when water charges come into operation?:)

STOP QUOTING PICS!
    E39MSport wrote: »
    ^^ hehe. You're invisible m8

That's a bit more visible i think!

But seriously, it's a pain in the hole when you're on a mobile device!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Tabnabs wrote: »

But then you look a little closer and it gets worse.

I did look closer and seen a very nice ass...:D

Thought I posted this already but:

Balla Co Mayo

Numpties parked outside their own business on high footpath blocking seating. 2nd picture to show loads of parking across the street.

f5115d64.jpg

cf9da88f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

5982029909_73318b8bd6.jpg
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Probably broke down before the owner could park it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I love this one. Friend of mine took it and put it on Facebook. Car obviously isn't small enough.
    Smart.jpg
    And yet again another trip to the shopping center in Dundalk and low and behold, two in the one sitting.
    Aldi.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement