Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Same location and household as this previous post.

Ambulophobia seems to be not just endemic in Ireland, but also contagious.

I hope someone is searching for a cure...

Cluster1.jpg?t=1311803066

Cluster2.jpg?t=1311803120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Same location and household as this previous post.

Ambulophobia seems to be not just endemic in Ireland, but also contagious.

I hope someone is searching for a cure...

I thought you had emigrated.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I thought you had emigrated.....:)

Don't feckin tempt me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Tuesday night in Dunnes Tralee, Just gets worse and worse and all Fiestas
    168692.jpg
    168693.jpg
    168694.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

jebus how can people NOT park a fiesta properly? i mean ffs seriously! it is a tiny yoke of a thing, a blind person could probably park it better than them twats. i have a fiesta and i can park the thing.

my new car on the other hand is gonna take some trips to the carpark behind my house to practice parking properly cos it has been a while since i have driven and parked a big car, and i don't wanna be obnoxiously parked, i don't want to ding anyones car (for their cars sake or mine).

i think i am gonna take to doing what some posters on here said they do and parking in the furthest reaches of the carpark and praying some numpty isn't magnetically drawn to my car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

hdowney wrote: »
    jebus how can people NOT park a fiesta properly? i mean ffs seriously! it is a tiny yoke of a thing, a blind person could probably park it better than them twats. i have a fiesta and i can park the thing.

my new car on the other hand is gonna take some trips to the carpark behind my house to practice parking properly cos it has been a while since i have driven and parked a big car, and i don't wanna be obnoxiously parked, i don't want to ding anyones car (for their cars sake or mine).

i think i am gonna take to doing what some posters on here said they do and parking in the furthest reaches of the carpark and praying some numpty isn't magnetically drawn to my car!

It`s all down to laziness, how hard is it when you pull into a space, if your not straight, you back up and straighten up, a foot difference may not seem much, but when it`s 3 or 5 cars from you it increases....if they`ve no care for there car`s then I pity there kids, lol, they must all look like poop..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

c,unt didn't even at least try !

img0085mt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    to be fair to that man , i dont think it would fit even if he did try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Schorpio

5985978110_9aa6099574_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BUT, BUT, BUT, he couldn't park on the road because of the solid white line.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Beer Baron wrote:

I challenged somebody to post the first obnoxiously parked person in an Electric Car Bay and oddly enough here it is only metres away from the original picture

Mistubishi are clearly making an Electric Carisma, or so the driver thinks. Whats the fine I wonder?

photo-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭needadvi

Beer Baron do you just go around taking pics of people who park funny? You should get a job as a traffic warden....I'd say you'd enjoy that. :D

Also you could do whatever you wanted to those people who park wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

BB i saw the same parked beside the Harveys Quay last week - a mercedes sprinter van and A3 - i somehow dont think they are the electric models

needadvi wrote: »
    Beer Baron do you just go around taking pics of people who park funny?

Nope. I just take a picture if I get the opportunity or inclination like most. I particularly hate people parking obnoxiously so why not shame it with a picture on the WWW.
    You should get a job as a traffic warden....I'd say you'd enjoy that. :D Also you could do whatever you wanted to those people who park wrong.

Traffic Wardens is not a job most people would want. NOW, Garda Traffic Corps for 24 hours. That would be sweet.
    Mc Love wrote: »
    BB i saw the same parked beside the Harveys Quay last week - a mercedes sprinter van and A3 - i somehow dont think they are the electric models

Actually later on I saw TWO of the spaces at the Potato market with two cars in them as well. Stupid Stupid people. Also the location of the spaces seems to close to the junction IMO.

This is the kind of parking I particularly hate. There were soo many people waiting on the pumps(they all arrived after I took the picture - go figure) and this moron was "shopping". She came out and her child threw a strop so she sauntered back in to buy the spawn something to shut her up.

A ford focus pulls up behind her for the pumps and she throws "yer one" a right dirty look.

The shop was so busy my missus was in their over 10 minutes and that car was there when we got there.

78531bc5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

^^^^^^^^
    There is nothing more obnoxious than blocking the pumps like that, lazy sh1ts

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭needadvi

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Traffic Wardens is not a job most people would want. NOW, Garda Traffic Corps for 24 hours. That would be sweet.

IMO.

LOL. :p

h3000 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^
    There is nothing more obnoxious than blocking the pumps like that, lazy sh1ts

There was a worse one further over. To be fair she DID get petrol and went into the shop to pay for it but came out with a TROLLEY. You could see the irittation on people faces and their jesticulations as she loaded it all into the boot and THEN had to saunter back over the deposit the trolley back.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

This thoughtful driver parked in front of the entrance to local supermarket car park preventing any other drivers from entering or exiting. I know the yellowbox markings are faint and worn but are still visible.

AFC688F18C964AF49FFD53D8261A7749-0000314842-0002460688-00800L-097C6BC32F604A10B559D9485C6A6D54.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

soccerc wrote: »
    This thoughtful driver parked in front of the entrance to local supermarket car park preventing any other drivers from entering or exiting. I know the yellowbox markings are faint and worn but are still visible.

Doesn't matter if theres a yellow box there or not. Its obviously an entrance judging by the low kerb (and probably bleedin obvious anyway) so they shouldn't park there.

Obnoxious, lazy and selfish. I'd take them off the road for a month or better still get them to go around for a day or two with a traffic warden to make them wake up and cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Beer Baron wrote: »
    This is the kind of parking I particularly hate. There were soo many people waiting on the pumps(they all arrived after I took the picture - go figure) and this moron was "shopping". She came out and her child threw a strop so she sauntered back in to buy the spawn something to shut her up.

A ford focus pulls up behind her for the pumps and she throws "yer one" a right dirty look.

The shop was so busy my missus was in their over 10 minutes and that car was there when we got there.

You should have backed up in front of her and went inside to pretend your paying for petrol, then with the people behind her she would have been boxed in, you could have watch with enjoyment, then you come out and oops you forgot to buy milk and go back in again, lol.

I hate it when people don`t try and leave room on the other pump for other cars to pull in, they take up the two..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Aldi Carpark, Fonthill Road this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Took this one tonight in Salthill, Galway very nice parking.

168905.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

paconnors wrote: »
    Took this one tonight in Salthill, Galway very nice parking.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/35998/168905.jpg
    Anyone else suspect the pug was parked over the line, and the smart car owner parked like a boss next to the pugs door?
    Pity cant see the lines.

phill106 wrote: »
    Anyone else suspect the pug was parked over the line, and the smart car owner parked like a boss next to the pugs door?
    Pity cant see the lines.

Pity you can't see they are both pugs. :pac::pac:

Bear in mind the baby pugs mirrors are ahead of the 206 so I would suspect the 206 arrived afterwards/2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

phill106 wrote: »
    Pity cant see the lines.

The wing mirrors would suggest to me that the red car was there first and the silver 206 parked second but then how did he/she get out of the drivers door??? I'm confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Second that on the white lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

The silver car was there first

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Was the silver Peugeot a left hand drive? because rarely will a person inconvenience themselves like that by having to climb over the centre console to exit unless the next nearest parking is like a mile away and its raining, this leads me to believe the red car is the offender and from the mirror position it appears like it reversed into the space even though manoeuvring space in front looks limited.

I had some absolute moron in a Mitsubishi SUV do this to me yesterday parking exactly 9 inches away from my car making it impossible for me to open my door wide enough to the enter, I had to go in the passenger door and hoist myself over the gear stick to drive off. However before driving off I took out a sheet of paper and wrote a nice note to the other driver with lots of expletives urging him/her to seek a brain transplant.

Like what sort of a moron parks so close like this? I could just have easily have been a old or infirm person who couldn't scramble over the centre console easily and I'd have had to wait until the said moron returned to their car. Thing was the same person who did this to me also had to exit via their passenger door (as I was faced in and they out). I had parked perfectly and remember another person was parked next to me perfectly also and where I parked was very busy at the time and I remember thinking I was lucky to get a space and then talking to the dogs:rolleyes: in the car parked next to me then only to find the dogmobile gone and this guy and his mini tank almost ontop of my car when I returned 20 minutes later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement