Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

franksm wrote: »
    At B&Q Liffey Valley on Monday. Festooned with Jesus/Christian stickers yet gormless enough to dump the car in a disabled spot. No blue badge on this car.

WP_000377.jpg

The only word to describe "people" like that begins with C and ends with T and has four letters.*

*and it's not a nice word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

bernyh wrote: »
    283393_228073633897253_218470194857597_599857_7314429_n.jpg

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how the fudge they managed that as far as I can see in the pic there's no damage to the rear and it defo hit rear on... was it dropped off a delivery truck or summit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

OSI wrote: »
    1. Persona: The role that one assumes or displays in public or society; one's public image or personality, as distinguished from the inner self.
    2. It wouldn't have been Jeremy and Co that would arrange it, it would be the production team, and the BBC production are usually overly thorough in preparing for everything, so I have no doubt they did so.

You're not seriously suggesting that Jeremy is really a meek and mild paragon of political correctness in real life, surely?

The person responsible for parking in the disabled parking spot is the person in the driver's seat. It doesn't really matter who told them it was OK. The driver should have the cop on to know that it's not OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

Patrick85 wrote: »
    I'm sitting here trying to figure out how the fudge they managed that as far as I can see in the pic there's no damage to the rear and it defo hit rear on... was it dropped off a delivery truck or summit?

Rising bollard? They parked it when they bollard wasn't there. Bollard rises and takes the car up with it. I've seen similar things happen and those bollards can definitely take the weight of a car, just never seen it manage to push a car up that high before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Something that will cheer Beer Baron up, the Crescent SC in Limerick have more "no parking" stickers. There is no parking allowed in hatched areas yet people always park there, and the other day I drove past 5 cars all parked in the hatched areas with huge stickers on their back passenger windows. And a car parked down the road from me has one still on theirs and it looks as if they were unsuccessful in removing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Rising bollard? They parked it when they bollard wasn't there. Bollard rises and takes the car up with it. I've seen similar things happen and those bollards can definitely take the weight of a car, just never seen it manage to push a car up that high before.

Looks like a fixed bollard to me. The bumpers on those cars are made of light material. The material can pop back into shape. If you hit the thing fast enough then I'm sure that is totally possible.

If anybody is on Shop Street in Galway. You will notice a bent bollard just outside Boots. I did this with a rigid truck. I was parallel parking during loading times and somehow managed to get the bollard between the wheels and the undercarraige barriers so when I went to pull away I nearly mounted the bollard in a rigid truck. The undercarraige barrier thing just popped open, I reversed back, reset it, looked at the bollard(what could I do) so left. :D It's only a few degrees out of kilter. Students no doubt got blamed :P
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Something that will cheer Beer Baron up, the Crescent SC in Limerick have more "no parking" stickers. There is no parking allowed in hatched areas yet people always park there, and the other day I drove past 5 cars all parked in the hatched areas with huge stickers on their back passenger windows. And a car parked down the road from me has one still on theirs and it looks as if they were unsuccessful in removing it

Actually I never did understand why they "hatched" those areas anyway. Waste of paint to be honest when they could have just left them as perfectly good spaces.

I like to use the underground under River Island. Everybody goes down there and turns left like "sheep". I turn right and you have a great choice of spaces especially if you can get the unmarked ones near the door. :D

Or the parking space near the end that could fit two cars but you have loads of space to park one without anyone parking next to you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

2 for the price of 1 in Lucan

:rolleyes:

lucan.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

The only word to describe "people" like that begins with C and ends with T and has four letters.

Indeed. What we have there is a complete clot.

OSI wrote: »
    What? It was a private parking space on private property that they had permission from the owners to use. What's the problem?

Just because it's marked as a disabled bay doesn't mean it instantly has world wide legal status as being only usable by disabled people regardless of where it is. It's entirely up to the owner of the space to set the conditions that apply to the space, and if they so wish, grant permission to any one they see fit to use it.

What's the point with marking a bay as a wheelchair bay if it's going to over-ruled when any 'celeb' come calling? This really does give bad example, and creates an environment where abuse of parking facilities is tolerated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

What's the point with marking a bay as a wheelchair bay if it's going to over-ruled when any 'celeb' come calling? This really does give bad example, and creates an environment where abuse of parking facilities is tolerated.

The production team already made a statement about, they asked the property owners for somewhere quite to film, the owners directed them to the disabled spots, the production team didn't think about it and admit they made a mistake. It was not the presenters decision to park cars there. For all we know the carpark could have been closed to the public at the time.

Can we please get back to piss poor parking???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Can we please get back to piss poor parking???

Oh alright then.

All three vehicles in this pic are obnoxiously parked, IMO.

The one in the foreground is parked in a spot that doubles as an occasional loading bay and rear pedestrian access to a public building.

Note the steps to the left -- there is no space for a buggy or wheelchair to pass. This pedestrian route is blocked nearly every day for hours by OPs, occasionally by people who work in the adjacent public building.

I brought this obnoxious parking to the attention of two Gardai who happened to be strolling by. And I mean sauntering, not striding, marching, hurrying, running.

One was on his mobile phone and the other's inital response was that there was room to pass on the steps. No mention at all of buggies, wheelchairs etc. She said she'd "have a look at it" then walked off, slowly, with her colleague.

A minute later I called her back. "Officer, are you just going to ignore that car?"

"We're not officers," she said. "We're Guards."

"We'll have a look at it," she repeated, and strolled off in a different direction.

00-MO-2537.jpg?t=1312583290

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

photo-2.jpg :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Come on Dazza, cut him some slack, he has no choice but to park like a prat....

Check out the rims on the trailer...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Come on Dazza, cut him some slack, he has no choice but to park like a prat....

+1

No car + boat designated spots anywhere to be seen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Bank Holiday Monday in my town is Regatta day. The culmination of a ten day festival ends with the rowing. lots of people come down to the seafront where i live. Now there is a 100+ space carpark behind my house.

This is a picture of the parking out front on that day

S1052670.jpg

The car in the below image was one of the first to park up, early in the day. The three occupants got out, walked past my house, round into the PRACTICALLY EMPTY at this point car park, and out onto the seafront to watch the racing :eek::mad:

S1052671.jpg

Just watching parking wars on bio, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That reminds me of Aldi in Carrigtwohill, every day someone has parked at the footpath out front, but to access the shop you must walk through it and out into the near empty car park behind, and then back in again.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Carrigtwohill,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=51.908696,-8.271675&spn=0.042731,0.077162&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.455479,79.013672&z=14&layer=c&cbll=51.908736,-8.271481&panoid=uKGO1nFtdNdNJOpLp5yU5g&cbp=12,63.27,,0,20.62

Signs are much bigger now, but still people park in there and at the footpath outside where the black brat carrier is.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Carrigtwohill,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=51.909332,-8.270473&spn=0.04273,0.077162&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.455479,79.013672&layer=c&cbll=51.908987,-8.270392&panoid=GKB7xZ6kUROa_LsepuAX0Q&cbp=12,305.29,,0,-6.36&z=14

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The fellow with the boat looks like he deliberately choose to park in the arse end of some car park so as to not cause obstruction, perhaps he was only going in for to buy groceries or whatever before setting of fishing. He appears to have had no choice, now if it was the boat parked by those houses on regatta day I'd have a different opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Strange, but both badly parked cars were blue today, only a few metres apart.

44fa8903-015d-43d5-b2a2-5870affe3f34.jpg

51dcf97a-21db-40ca-8f73-5145b5137123.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Too lazy to correct it after a swinging in attempt.

dsc00832ou.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

hdowney wrote: »
    Bank Holiday Monday in my town is Regatta day. The culmination of a ten day festival ends with the rowing. lots of people come down to the seafront where i live. Now there is a 100+ space carpark behind my house.

I hope thats not your trailer abandoned on the grass.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

The-Game wrote: »
    Too lazy to correct it after a swinging in attempt.

dsc00832ou.jpg

Well in all honesty, the two cars each side are very close to the white lines, so I`d say if they we`re to park correctly, they would`nt be able to get out...

The production team already made a statement about, they asked the property owners for somewhere quite to film, the owners directed them to the disabled spots, the production team didn't think about it and admit they made a mistake. It was not the presenters decision to park cars there. For all we know the carpark could have been closed to the public at the time.

And you really believe that story, word for word? It sounds like an after-the-fact justification to me.

I hope thats not your trailer abandoned on the grass.:)

nope. belongs to the neighbour two doors up who has a boat. obviously the boat is not on the trailer at the moment. but it will be, all winter, directly outside his front door. he also parks his jeep up on the grass half the time too. make of that what you will!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

img201107311512041.th.jpg

Got to protect these classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

And you really believe that story, word for word? It sounds like an after-the-fact justification to me.

This is totally off topic, but it is presenters who make decisions regard locations etc, to allow lighting for cameras, so yeah, I would believe them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

hdowney wrote: »

S1052670.jpg
    In fairness that's not bad and only happens once a year. The way people abandon cars outside of the social welfare office just up the road is ten times worse and also the driving in Wicklow is pretty shocking at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I do having asked someone who is heavily involved in the programme and it's production.

• Advertisement

johnos1984 wrote: »
    In fairness that's not bad and only happens once a year. The way people abandon cars outside of the social welfare office just up the road is ten times worse and also the driving in Wicklow is pretty shocking at best.

in fairness yes that wasn't as bad as previous years. and you are right about the social office up the road. the cars, vans etc dumped all over the place on signing day is beyond diabolical. might take a pic of that next :D

i was most peeved about the group that parked on the footpath and walked through the empty carpark to go out onto the seafront though. smacked of obnoxiousness to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement