Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

hdowney wrote: »
    in fairness yes that wasn't as bad as previous years. and you are right about the social office up the road. the cars, vans etc dumped all over the place on signing day is beyond diabolical. might take a pic of that next :D
    I'm due a phone upgrade in October and I'll be getting snapping then. It's very bad there and also outside the post office in the town.
    hdowney wrote: »
    i was most peeved about the group that parked on the footpath and walked through the empty carpark to go out onto the seafront though. smacked of obnoxiousness to me.
    They didn't need to park on the footpath as the road is wide enough there and yes they should of gone into the car park. I've never been in that one but there is lots of space around there at all times. In fact I might just go down fishing off the pier this evening and make use of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I'm due a phone upgrade in October and I'll be getting snapping then. It's very bad there and also outside the post office in the town.

They didn't need to park on the footpath as the road is wide enough there and yes they should of gone into the car park. I've never been in that one but there is lots of space around there at all times. In fact I might just go down fishing off the pier this evening and make use of it

indeed the cars that parked on the other side of my drive parked on the road. no markings to say they couldn't so they were parked perfectly. but some of the people who parked up on the footpath took up most of it making it difficult for people to get round. then there was the old cnut who decided to park on the grass between the footpath and the car in the drive :mad:

the post office can be pretty bad alright, parking the length of the double yellows back from the disabled space!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Seasoft wrote: »
    Strange, but both badly parked cars were blue today, only a few metres apart.

44fa8903-015d-43d5-b2a2-5870affe3f34.jpg

51dcf97a-21db-40ca-8f73-5145b5137123.jpg

very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

but it is presenters who make decisions regard locations etc, to allow lighting for cameras, so yeah, I would believe them.

Not in my experiences. Presenters generally do whatever the director tells them to do, and go wherever the director tells them to go. But regardless, this is about where they parked, not where they chose for an interview.
    I do having asked someone who is heavily involved in the programme and it's production.

Oooh, the 'insider' trump card. I guess I can't beat that. Yes, I definitely believe it all now.

I'll give up now. Maybe I attacked the sacred cow by slagging off Jeremy & co in the Motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Not in my experiences. Presenters generally do whatever the director tells them to do, and go wherever the director tells them to go. But regardless, this is about where they parked, not where they chose for an interview.

Just re-read my post and I got it backward, late night and a few beers will do that. But you have pointed out what I meant to a tee... Thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

They didn't need to park on the footpath as the road is wide
    Just in case there is any confusion on this point, as the impression may be given that one may park on the footpath in some circumstancex: It is never legal to park on a footpath, not even partially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Even the frogs are brutal parkers....
    01072011802.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I wouldn't want anyone parking beside me either driving that :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Just popping into Post Office for a minute or two (six in reality) so it'll be okay to park diagonally across Disabled Parking space and entranceway.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

photo-3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

I don't even know where to start with this one.. and yes, the jeep behind is half way on to the road because he couldn't pull in properly.

mail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

At southside motor factors on Kylemore road never mind all the free parking spaces including the one right beside were they parked note ill park in a yellow box smack bang in the middle of the car park. Also going in classic motor thread :).

30072011172.jpg

30072011171.jpg
    the guy in the garage owns it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

6022236311_e6e8a7d5cf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

"Where clots come to park"

170015.jpg

170016.jpg

170017.jpg

170018.jpg

170019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

anarchy

170020.jpg

170021.jpg

170022.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

the guy in the garage owns it

Yeh maybe so but that doesnt mean its not obnoxious;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

soccerc wrote: »
    Just popping into Post Office for a minute or two (six in reality) so it'll be okay to park diagonally across Disabled Parking space and entranceway.

Yeah, who does he think he is with his Volvo?
    You need at least an X5 to park like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Taken this morning. Worth noting that at the other end of the same row, near the building, there were 3 spaces empty when I arrived (one of which I took), not to mention an abundance of parking about 1-200 yards away at pretty much all times!

dsc00069xx.jpg

dsc00070kt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Thanks to this thread, I think my relationship with obnoxious parking has gone from hate to love/hate. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Nutgrove Retail Park 27/7/11
    170097.jpg
    This Lady decided to part on the Zebra crossing one evening at around 7pm when there was a multitude of spaces available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Naas - Lidl - 31 July 2011

This car is opposite the front door. It's soo far away from a legit parking
    space, it's almost blocking the rest of the car park. It's alright, it's a Beemer.
    01.jpg

A vehicle just about squeezing through.
    02.jpg

The car from behind. I will say... Those Beemers have fine a$$'s. No
    excuse, though.
    03.jpg

A long shot showing the THREE cars beside it are not in legit parking spots
    either :eek:
    04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

002.jpg

The car on the right got there first and didn't manage to fit in. :rolleyes:

Then the Freelander came, didn't manage to get in the parking space on the left, parked on a double yellow line and blocked an entrance to the park for buggies, bicycles etc.

God knows how they did it, there was loads of parking everywhere. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bijapos wrote: »
    God knows how they did it, there was loads of parking everywhere. :confused:

They did it because they don't notice you or I, i.e other people. They likely don't use their mirrors whilst driving, don't thank drivers who give them way at junctions etc. They only think about themselves and likely their SPAWN whom need to have the best space in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Apologies for the poor photo, but happened across this last night. Basically a van parked opposite a Fiat 500 (don't know which parked first/second, and thus which was obnoxious, but I'd guess the van was second, as most cars in this estate park directly outside the house. Anyway, the gap between them was such that unless you were driving a car as small as the Fiat (and even then it wouldn't be easy!), then you weren't getting past them to the rest of the estate!

dsc00071fu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

Hal1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't want anyone parking beside me either driving that :P.

+1

I Just bought that exact paint from ford to restore my soarer and damn it's expensive stuff And a sa former RS owner i think I'd cry if someone dented one in that good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

cython wrote: »
    Apologies for the poor photo, but happened across this last night. Basically a van parked opposite a Fiat 500 (don't know which parked first/second, and thus which was obnoxious, but I'd guess the van was second, as most cars in this estate park directly outside the house. Anyway, the gap between them was such that unless you were driving a car as small as the Fiat (and even then it wouldn't be easy!), then you weren't getting past them to the rest of the estate!

dsc00071fu.jpg

they park like this on the road just down from my mates house, and the one above it. i was just thinking to myself the other day (driving the mothers fiesta) 'crud, when i start driving my own car up here it is going to be a squeeze to fit through, which will be the lesser of two evils'. now i am thinking that may be the upper road, there is generally slightly more space to maneuver, also they are less obnoxious than those on the lower road. all of the houses on the lower road have driveways for their cars, yet insist on parking them on the road, directly opposite the car on the other side of the road, thus leaving you || space to get through. at least most of the cars on the upper road have the excuse that they DON'T have driveways to park their cars in

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cython wrote: »

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/dsc00071fu.jpg/
    In cases like this, feel free to contact the Garda, expressing the fact that you would have concerns if a fire brigade or ambulance could get by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Ahhhh lads (Lidl Doughiska)

6029391479_4a6cf222e9_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

282166_202368023153316_100001403605265_555907_4109546_n.jpg

263363_10150341528582025_745432024_9830220_3542585_n.jpg

282027_10150341530537025_745432024_9830230_5624191_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

testicle wrote: »
    282166_202368023153316_100001403605265_555907_4109546_n.jpg

Well it is an off road vehicle, lol.