Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Right folks, kinda new to boards but somehow always find myself thinking bout this thread when I'm out and about...Anyway found this car abandoned in the Strandhill car park today. This genius had managed to find the biggest easiest space in the car park to park in. Must have been real easy to fit in it.....only its not a space but the road marking for THE STOP LINE of one of the internal circulation roads!! :confused::confused::confused:

Waited around for a while but no sign of the owner...unreal

2011-08-21135657.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Lidl in Maynooth
    171604.jpg

Ok - the Clio may have had to park like that because of the car next to it (in a half-empty car park btw). But just after I took this photo in comes the Yaris and there's no excuse for this:

171603.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Robus

171747.jpg

Taken out an apartment window in Portugal , parked on the pavement while blocking the wheelchair spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Passat driver in Ballyvaughan last week:

171752.jpg

171753.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Robus wrote: »
    171747.jpg

Taken out an apartment window in Portugal , parked on the pavement while blocking the wheelchair spot

I dint think you'd even fit a wheelchair in that space tbh..........:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

A few from my travels

bad_parking_014.jpg
    bad_parking_015.jpg
    bad_parking_016.jpg
    bad_parking_017.jpg
    bad_parking_018.jpg
    bad_parking_019.jpg
    bad_parking_020.jpg
    bad_parking_021.jpg
    bad_parking_022.jpg
    bad_parking_023.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Robus wrote: »

Remember that in many countries it is legal to park on a pavement.
    Though blocking wheelchair spot isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭titanium feather

Apologies for crapness of photo! My passenger, who took the photo, isn't the best photographer. ;)

Was coming out of a garage on the Bundoran Road in Sligo, waiting to turn right.

I saw the below vehicle on my left, but didn't pay too much attention to it as there were several cars coming from my right. I assumed that it was intending to turn in to the garage, but just badly positioned.

The cars stopped coming from the right, so I looked to see why this vehicle wasn't turning in. That's when I realised that there was no one in it! The driver had abandoned it on the white lines while he ran in to the shop.

fl8qdj.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Apologies for crapness of photo! My passenger, who took the photo, isn't the best photographer. ;)

Was coming out of a garage on the Bundoran Road in Sligo, waiting to turn right.

I saw the below vehicle on my left, but didn't pay too much attention to it as there were several cars coming from my right. I assumed that it was intending to turn in to the garage, but just badly positioned.

The cars stopped coming from the right, so I looked to see why this vehicle wasn't turning in. That's when I realised that there was no one in it! The driver had abandoned it on the white lines while he ran in to the shop.

No.Friggin'.Way. I don't believe it. If there wasn't a photo I'd be calling you a liar, since something SO preposterous simply cannot be true.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Lidl in Maynooth again. I was in there for 5 mins and this car wasn't there when I went in. The car park was far from full.

171775.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Passat driver in Ballyvaughan last week:

Passed through the very same spot while on hols recently. Market day. There was a car abandoned on the footpath, completely blocking it while causing a serious traffic jam. I couldn't take a pic as I was driving.

I love those Mickey Mouse Garda traffic cones. What are they supposed to indicate? No parking in this doorway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

CiniO wrote: »
    Remember that in many countries it is legal to park on a pavement.

Though it is still obnoxious...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

fl8qdj.jpg

Your passenger is VERY far to the right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Groody Shopping Centre in Limerick. Was sitting in his car eating his sub

2011-08-22%2B14.17.30.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

There were 10+ spaces within a 3 second walk, at least the disabled spot was too far over for him :rolleyes:

171792.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

a68abb7a-8854-41b4-971c-b9e82c9a7e14.jpg

Middle-aged woman with no kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

This was really obnoxious. Needless to say, not a permit in sight!
    As well as blocking two bays, the driver didn't even use the store, but left the van and went off about the town. To my knowledge, the van was there for at least 30 mins. Also, judging by the wheel angle, I'd say he drove the wrong way along a one-way system.
    d8abf905-7a3f-4fd4-b679-a3148988ba92.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Seasoft wrote: »
    As well as blocking two bays, the driver didn't even use the store, but left the van and went off about the town. To my knowledge, the van was there for at least 30 mins. Also, judging by the wheel angle, I'd say he drove the wrong way along a one-way system.
    d8abf905-7a3f-4fd4-b679-a3148988ba92.jpg

Feckin <snip>....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

lewis wrote: »
    Feckin <snip>....

Cop on with the terms you use FFS. This isn't acceptable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Seasoft wrote: »

Great.
    And why does it happen?
    Because no one ever does or says anything.
    The rules are meaningless without enforcement, they'll eventually just break down, I only wonder why I still bother.
    I think from now on I'll just drive in vaguely towards the entrance, the aim is to get the car as close to it as physically possible, pull the handbrake lightly whilst still rolling and wherever it coasts to a halt, grand.
    Get out, friendly wave at anyone staring at me and skip about my day with a smile on my face, happiness in my heart and a tune on my lips.
    Because that's how these people think, the only thing going on upstairs is some light mood-music, they are the Zen definition of true happiness, Confucius and Buddha where bundles of nerves compared to these people.
    And since stress is a major contributor to heart attacks and cancer, these people will never get sick and live to be at least a hundred.
    And all that in blissful happiness that would make a Saint choke.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If I wasn't at all Lazy I would go down to the -1 and -2 levels of the hotels underground car park and take some pictures of the madness down there. There floor is kind of grey and always full of dust and crap and the white lines therefore gets masked by this. It's also pretty dark as well.

You often get one car parked across two bays or people making up their own parking bays. The Disabled spaces are always taken by people whom are not disabled but I don't blame them because it's so hard to see.

If anybody is in Sligo just pop into the underground of the Glasshouse and you will see for yourself. Complete joke. I am parked parallel to the walls which is the only place you can fit a Passat without getting dinged and blocked in because reversing out is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The management at Coonagh Cross shopping centre in Limerick (really just Tesco and no other tenants) should make their signs a little bigger........

2011-08-14143505.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    The management at Coonagh Cross shopping centre in Limerick (really just Tesco and no other tenants) should make their signs a little bigger........

2011-08-14143505.jpg

....ah, be nice....with the splitting bulkhead issues some of the cabrio's have, he probably qualifies.......... :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Beer Baron wrote: »
    If anybody is in Sligo just pop into the underground of the Glasshouse and you will see for yourself..

..that's just because the place is half-flooded, and people want to be able to make a quick exit......... ;):D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mgbgt1978 wrote: »

What about the people who park directly outside the front door there,talk about laziness :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I was out in Toughers have a sambo and these dudes just pulled in and parked in front of an exit, when just behind the shop there`s loads of room for parking, especially since all the trucks park there....
    IMG_20110824_112704.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ballyogan (Dublin 18) sorting office today.

ADBA1968A04F401798D6597F1B5112A5-0000321176-0002503973-00620L-BE4B6FF179454376B7DF2FCAB2CE1741.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

What about the people who park directly outside the front door there,talk about laziness :rolleyes:

I watch my parking there in case I end up on here ha.

But no, I've never parked anywhere near the front door or the disabled spots.. it is just pure laziness as you say :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

6746767photo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement