Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I watch my parking there in case I end up on here ha.

But no, I've never parked anywhere near the front door or the disabled spots.. it is just pure laziness as you say :rolleyes:

You'll know my car in Coonagh, I'm the one parked completely away from everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

coylemj wrote: »
    Ballyogan (Dublin 18) sorting office today.

ADBA1968A04F401798D6597F1B5112A5-0000321176-0002503973-00620L-BE4B6FF179454376B7DF2FCAB2CE1741.jpg

Nice! Should be done twice for that.

Can the Gardai use a photo like this to prosecute?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You'll know my car in Coonagh, I'm the one parked completely away from everyone :)

And someone still ends up parking beside you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tmcw wrote: »
    Nice! Should be done twice for that.

Can the Gardai use a photo like this to prosecute?

As would be the case in a shopping centre, the disabled signs were not put there by the local authority so they can't be enforced by the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Not

Even

Close...

Although lazy rather than obnoxious.

YfuQu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

JustinOval wrote: »
    hcMok.png

UilZM.png

FFS, did they not think that somebody might want to walk up or down those steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    And someone still ends up parking beside you :rolleyes:

I park over behind the white transporter van in the picture in front of the blue gate. The one that access's the building site. I will find my parking obnoxious IF the building site EVER re-opens. Frankly there are no line markings and you are close enough to the door as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This selfish ******* wasn't happy taking one disabled spot. He had to have both. Plenty of spots all around.
    niscayah1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

KoolKid wrote: »
    This selfish ******* wasn't happy taking one disabled spot. He had to have both. Plenty of spots all around.

careful now, he's a PARTNER IN SECURITY

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Absurdum wrote: »
    careful now, he's a PARTNER IN SECURITY
    Maybe he was saving the 2nd space for his PARTNER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

KoolKid wrote: »
    Maybe he was saving the 2nd space for his PARTNER.

His insecure partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

ADBA1968A04F401798D6597F1B5112A5-0000321176-0002503973-00620L-BE4B6FF179454376B7DF2FCAB2CE1741.jpg

****eline.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

<snip>

Boards.ie does not condone slander of a companys name iwannahurl.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

His insecure partner.

Maybe his PARTNER was in TRANSIT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Taken outside Super Valu in Galway

http://omg.wthax.org/IMAG0457.jpg

<modnote: jumpin' Jesus, don't post such big pics!>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

s_carnage wrote: »

More like obnoxiously large pic.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Apologies for crapness of photo! My passenger, who took the photo, isn't the best photographer. ;)

Was coming out of a garage on the Bundoran Road in Sligo, waiting to turn right.

I saw the below vehicle on my left, but didn't pay too much attention to it as there were several cars coming from my right. I assumed that it was intending to turn in to the garage, but just badly positioned.

The cars stopped coming from the right, so I looked to see why this vehicle wasn't turning in. That's when I realised that there was no one in it! The driver had abandoned it on the white lines while he ran in to the shop.

fl8qdj.jpg
    I work in that filling station, was probably washing a car to your left as you took the photo. Was actually raging I hadn't a camera on me at the time so thanks for posting.
    Couldn't believe that at all! Told him three times to move it but don't think he really understood the problem :confused: The car park wasn't even full and its closer to the door than where he dumped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

More like obnoxiously large pic.....;)

is feidir linn sticker on the back window should have said ni feidir linn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I was bored earlier today so I emailed nightline with a copy of this pic ( and a congrats for employing disabled drivers). They replied within 30 minutes;
    Hi John

Thank you for your email and for bring this matter to our attention. We do not think it’s appropriate for one of our drivers to park in a disabled spot and we have addressed the matter with the driver concerned.

Thanks again & regards

Orla

Orla Sheils
    Administration Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Fair dues nightline, good to see a company being proactive in the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Its great the way people report things to company's must have nothing else to and im sure the people that report have the cleanest parking record in the world lol....

Is there an thread for the best meticulous parking? i think not..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

s_carnage wrote: »

http://omg.wthax.org/IMAG0457.jpg

<modnote: jumpin' Jesus, don't post such big pics!>

In fairness it's Ballybane after all. I was there today and came out to see the usual, an avensis from the "moving" community, parked along the trolley thing within feet of 8 spaces or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Its great the way people report things to company's must have nothing else to and im sure the people that report have the cleanest parking record in the world lol....

I drove a van for 9 years and I NEVER saw the need to park across TWO disabled spaces.
    Anyone who does that is an inconsiderate arsehole and thoroughly deserves to be reported.
    I once did something naughty on the road and was reported to HQ. I got a bollocking and was told this better not happen again (I won't say what it was).
    Did I bitch and moan about whoever complained me?
    No.
    I had to put my big-boy trousers on, own up and take the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Get a bollocking at work today Jimmy ????
    I already stated that I was bored today, so i contacted the company in question as they probably don't want any negative reports anywhere in these recessionary times.
    In fairness they replied by email (as well as here) on the same day. For that the company deserves some credit.
    As for how I park, when I see any of my cars on this thread I will personally PM you to let you know that I have parked where I shouldn't.

This is the obnoxious parking thread and if,or when, you are the person in need of a disabled/special needs parking space but can't find one because they are all used by twats who think that rules don't apply to them then feel free to to take a pic of the car that has taken your space.

If you really feel that I was wrong to bring to this company's attention the ignorance of one of their driver's parking (he could'nt even be arsed to just take up 1 space....he had to block 2 of them) then perhaps you should email them and praise his parking skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Alright lads, lets leave it there shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I work in that filling station, was probably washing a car to your left as you took the photo. Was actually raging I hadn't a camera on me at the time so thanks for posting.
    Couldn't believe that at all! Told him three times to move it but don't think he really understood the problem :confused: The car park wasn't even full and its closer to the door than where he dumped it.
    Saving fuel! :)

You may be missing the point of the thread, just as the driver was missing the point by taking up two wheelchair spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Opps, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Haven't seen much lately.

You can always rely on white van man though.... with a tint of red perhaps.
    IMAG0164.jpg

In Northwood this morning.
    With an empty car par all round him.
    staples1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

MugMugs wrote: »
    Haven't seen much lately.

You can always rely on white van man though.... with a tint of red perhaps.
    IMAG0164.jpg

to be fair.. there is no way the diver of teh van could have gotten out of he kept between the lines... or maybe the hyundai is obnoxiously parked between the lines ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement