Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Tescos in Killarney today and everyday is out of all order. No point in taking pics because I didnt know where to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Tescos in Killarney today and everyday is out of all order. No point in taking pics because I didnt know where to start.
    That'll be the Kerry residents community ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

6085331741_eb7a008e9d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

This is actually "parked" and not just loading etc, it was there for 1.5 hours?

172326.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Q7 - Why one parks near the door at Lidl.

172331.jpg

172333.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Lots of photos of people parked badly in car parks and most of us could probably take photos of dodgy parking every time we go to a car park.
    While I abhor lazy selfish parking i can see how it is sometimes difficult to park perfectly because the bays are just too narrow.

On another subject, I wonder what would be the legal situation if you parked next to a badly parked person so as to make it impossible for them to move. For example where someone parks in 1 1/2 bays but you mange to park an inch from their drivers door thereby stopping them getting into car.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

TJJP wrote: »

6485AC161F58420AAE6E9FBC721078E7-0000316522-0002507835-00600L-3C25F2F421D444A28138B8F73927C884.jpg

I wouldn't be one for estimations but there's at least 55 cars there parked obnoxiously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Members of the "legal" and "justice" communities:

Legal.jpg

I decry that the Gardai think it wise to park in a manner that causes traffic disruption.
    But if the prison service need to get the crims as close as possible to the door I have no problem do you honestly expect them to go park in the local multistorey and drag the scummers that far putting themselves in a position vulnerable to attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

heate wrote: »
    I decry that the Gardai think it wise to park in a manner that causes traffic disruption.
    But if the prison service need to get the crims as close as possible to the door I have no problem do you honestly expect them to go park in the local multistorey and drag the scummers that far putting themselves in a position vulnerable to attack?

Those prison vans are not actually parked as closely as possible to the door. There are two roads to the front and side of the courthouse where they could park.

In all cases it's just that the footpath is handier, and forcing pedestrians onto the road in front of traffic doesn't count as "disruption".

The "legal" community is just dog lazy*. Adequate P&D parking easily available at several locations within a 5-minute walk radius.

*And immune from parking enforcement, since they have a little nod-and-a-wink arrangement going.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can always rely on the white van man..:D
    whitevanman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

-Corkie- wrote: »

Know it well... they park over the crossing too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

jhegarty wrote: »

What gets me is the line "renault will scrap any van 5 years or older"
    People pay how much for a brand spanking new van, it's the pride and joy and after 5 years "ah just shcrap the auld heap, to fcuk"
    It's this thinking that everything old is sh*t and everything new is good.
    Or: "Shiny and New is Always Better!"
    When I'm in Germany I can't get over the amount of cars that are 15 years+ and some of the local authorities are driving VW T3 vans or the likes.
    If you just look after it, there's no reason a car shouldn't be able for 20 years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

Not quite on topic, but though you may like this, from the YLYL forum:

jMcQq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

What gets me is the line "renault will scrap any van 5 years or older"
    People pay how much for a brand spanking new van, it's the pride and joy and after 5 years "ah just shcrap the auld heap, to fcuk"
    It's this thinking that everything old is sh*t and everything new is good.
    Or: "Shiny and New is Always Better!"
    When I'm in Germany I can't get over the amount of cars that are 15 years+ and some of the local authorities are driving VW T3 vans or the likes.
    If you just look after it, there's no reason a car shouldn't be able for 20 years at least.

Too true, when I came back here I was shocked at the condition that people kept their vans, there seems to be a competition as to who can give a **** the least when it comes to looking after them, the one who treats their van the worst being the winner and having a higher status on the building site. I used to get laughed at for washing the van a couple of times a month and always servicing it myself.

Took the photos below in 09 of two vans still used by a council in the Pyrennes, its taken for granted that the vans are used till they drop, interesting the attitude councils take when its the local people who are paying for services through their property taxes.

FrancePyrennesAug2009510.jpg
    FrancePyrennesAug2009511.jpg
    FrancePyrennesAug2009508.jpg

The white 608 in the pic here is one I bought of Munich City Council a few years back, it was 25 years old at the time and in perfect condition, I got it at an auction, when I went to pick it up the lads in the depot were saying to me its an absolute disgrace that its being sold as its still in perfect condition, (which it was). Went straight through the German DOE (TUV) after I changed 2 tyres on it.

Train.jpg

Sorry for going OT but its a point welll made Dr Fuzzstein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Spaces, spaces everywhere but still no-where to park?

"Ah, anywhere will do"

Image1316.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Two from the phone over the last few weeks.. thought id share!
    imag0468e.jpg

This guy was in too much of a rush to find a space(9.30am Saturday).. When i got inside he was picking out an air freshner!!!
    imag0479.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

73d21482.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Whoever parked that supra should be severely reprimanded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Clontarf pumping station,
    172488.jpg
    Malahide road, cars supposed to park parallel to kerb, but don't, old pic, but 11 years on, it's still the same:
    172486.JPG

I'm not sure how to describe the driving here, but the parking is definitely obnoxious.

I feel sorry for anyone on the bus and in the ?Passat, though not for the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Clontarf pumping station,
    172488.jpg

My god, he reversed into that poor cyclist and knocked him clean off his bike, all is left is the sad chalk outline of his departed bike, no one has seen him since, lol, where`s the Garda when you need them....maybe they where the ones who put the arrow there, to indicate what direction the cyclist went, hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

b318isp wrote: »
    Not quite on topic, but though you may like this, from the YLYL forum:

That's a good one, years back that was one of the various 6th year pranks carried out on my last day of secondary school. We also "stole" two of the teachers cars and parked one in the bushes on the school grounds, and the other one down the road. advertised the headmaster's mercedes in the papers and the buy and sell, and one lad drew a large representation of a penis into the a lawn with weedkiller, the joys of being a bunch of 17-18 year old eejits.

lewis wrote: »
    My god, he reversed into that poor cyclist and knocked him clean off his bike, all is left is the sad chalk outline of his departed bike, no one has seen him since, lol, where`s the Garda when you need them....maybe they where the ones who put the arrow there, to indicate what direction the cyclist went, hehe.
    No, it's a cycle track, marked with the appropriate legal markings and that 4WD is illegally parked and a danger to others. Not at all funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

No, it's a cycle track, marked with the appropriate legal markings and that 4WD is illegally parked and a danger to others. Not at all funny.

Indeed, imagine if a blind cyclist were using that particular cycle lane. There's a slight chance they could hit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Sadly, the problem is that nobody cares about cycle tracks... At Killarney Races last week the genius Gards had coned (no parking cones) off the side of the street with no markings and gotten (is that a word?) all the drivers to park over the cycle lane.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=52.052246,-9.515133&spn=0.000002,0.002162&z=19&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=52.052246,-9.515133&panoid=eKjkK5WG9fkgV-ejmZJFcw&cbp=12,82,,0,0

Absurdum wrote: »
    Indeed, imagine if a blind cyclist were using that particular cycle lane. There's a slight chance they could hit it!
    It's a the beginning of a blind, 90 degree left hand corner, with limited visibility due to the parked vehicles. If a cyclist swerves to avoid the illegally parked jeep, there's a risk of colliding with oncoming cyclists from the opposite direction. Also worth mentioning that the track is not lit at night.

Bottom line is that the driver of the jeep has parked illegally and without consideration for the safety of others. There can be no parking more obnoxious than that.

si_guru wrote: »
    Sadly, the problem is that nobody cares about cycle tracks... At Killarney Races last week the genius Gards had coned (no parking cones) off the side of the street with no markings and gotten (is that a word?) all the drivers to park over the cycle lane.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=52.052246,-9.515133&spn=0.000002,0.002162&z=19&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=52.052246,-9.515133&panoid=eKjkK5WG9fkgV-ejmZJFcw&cbp=12,82,,0,0

Pecking Order = Parking Order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

No ****, what do you mean it`s not all that funny? I know fine well what the picture is and what`s wrong about it, but there`s no reason to be all serious about it, lighten up!
    Agreed they should have cleaned that chalk up, lol.
    Absurdum wrote: »

Lol, that would be a lot of chalk...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement