Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Just the four for me, thanks

If it's a 4WD then fair enough, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I'll just have the four, thanks

6092488141_f09e35ae7e_m.jpg

I have an Audi, I don't do corners

6093027960_19c8355154_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

lewis wrote: »
    but there`s no reason to be all serious about it,
    Road safety is a serious matter, people are killed or permanently injured every day. Think about how their families would feel if you told them to lighten up about safety.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    If it's a 4WD then fair enough, right?

One space for each wheel, yes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

It's a the beginning of a blind, 90 degree left hand corner, with limited visibility due to the parked vehicles.
    lol, it's not exactly the Nurburgring http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Clontarf+Rd,+Dublin,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=53.359074,-6.196804&spn=0.000471,0.001206&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.545434,79.013672&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=20

If a cyclist swerves to avoid the illegally parked jeep, there's a risk of colliding with oncoming cyclists from the opposite direction. Also worth mentioning that the track is not lit at night.
    I doubt any cyclist would be travelling at the speed necessary to cause the armageddon-like scenario described above.
    Bottom line is that the driver of the jeep has parked illegally and without consideration for the safety of others. There can be no parking more obnoxious than that.

There are plenty more obnoxious than that, but whatev:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Members of the "law enforcing" community on the footpath beside a Garda station and car-park.

LEC1.jpg
    mill street station galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

It's my space, I'll park whatever the bloody hell I want in it.

2878854522_0683b2d0e7.jpg

6027389430_4e0bc2265a_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Whoever parked that supra should be severely reprimanded

+1

A candidate for the skanger thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

cats.life wrote: »
    mill street station galway?

Same in Tralee too.. no doubt had a urgent batch of donuts to bring in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

si_guru wrote: »
    Same in Tralee too.. no doubt had a urgent batch of donuts to bring in.
    Meh, loads of stations around the country have little or no space to park patrol cars.
    It was covered a good few times already on this thread iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Road safety is a serious matter, people are killed or permanently injured every day. Think about how their families would feel if you told them to lighten up about safety.

I know it`s a serious matter, but if we where to be so serious as you are all the time we`d be more miserable than we are now, there`s times when you HAVE to make fun or joke about something like this in order to keep happy, show people that you won`t get beaten by these bad things, everyone`s been affected by something bad in there life, but if we let it get the better of us, we would never move on.

Your wrecking my vibe dude....

lewis wrote: »
    I know it`s a serious matter, but if we where to be so serious as you are all the time we`d be more miserable than we are now,
    Or, people who did not deserve to die or lose limbs would now be be laughing. It's time we took road safety seriously. If I want a laugh, I'll go see a comedian or watch a speed trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Or, people who did not deserve to die or lose limbs would now be be laughing. It's time we took road safety seriously. If I want a laugh, I'll go see a comedian or watch a speed trap.

So you find speeding funny ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

And if we could keep it on topic now please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Wake up man, with all the adds and pictures, people will NEVER take road safety seriously, fact, I don`t know how some of the morons who are on the road got there licenses...

Ok then, Suffolk Street:
    172544.JPG

This is a contra-flow-cycle track, except that if somebody parks on it (as they often do) cyclists are forced to ride down a one-way street into oncoming traffic.

In this case, as soon as the An Post van moved off, the white mini-bus drove down the cycle track against oncoming cyclists forcing them to take evasive action. He then parked there, completely obstructing the cycle track, which is bounded by a continuous white line which means 'do not drive here' and double yellows.

172545.JPG

It's all part of Ireland's light-hearted attitude towards road safety.

Ok then, Suffolk Street:

This is a contra-flow-cycle track, except that if somebody parks on it (as they often do) cyclists are forced to ride down a one-way street into oncoming traffic.

In this case, as soon as the An Post van moved off, the white mini-bus drove down the cycle track against oncoming cyclists forcing them to take evasive action. He then parked there, completely obstructing the cycle track, which is bounded by a continuous white line which means 'do not drive here' and double yellows.

That really is disgraceful tbh. 2 "professional" drivers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Ok then, Suffolk Street:
    172544.JPG

172545.JPG

What a pair of kunts. Were you on the bike too? I'd have cycled up to the bumper and called the Gardaí. Absolute ****-stains.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Ballyshannon, saturday evening.

A regular spot for people to abandon outside the shopdoor on a fecking junction :mad:!!! And this gombeen didn't even try to get at least close to the footpath!

IMAG0077.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Beer Baron wrote: »

Fcuking eejit spent a fair amount of time hurting himself to try prove a point. Didn't see him recording himself blowing through red lights though.

Practice what you preach bi-cyclists.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Fcuking eejit spent a fair amount of time hurting himself to try prove a point. Didn't see him recording himself blowing through red lights though.

Just so you're aware, in the States it's (mostly) legal to go right on a red light, bike or not.

cadaliac wrote: »
    Meh, loads of stations around the country have little or no space to park patrol cars.
    It was covered a good few times already on this thread iirc.

"Meh"?

Same could be said about loads of shopping centre car parks.

BTW, in the above situation there are one or two (other) roads in the immediate vicinity, plus a municipal car park immediately adjacent.

Ok then, Suffolk Street:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/22484/172544.JPG

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/22484/172545.JPG

And towards parking regs, road markings and basic good manners.

For these people, and a sizeable proportion of the "law enforcing" community, footpaths and cycle lanes serve the purpose of cancelling out DYLs. If they're on the path/lane then they're not causing any obstruction to anyone that matters, hence they're not obnoxiously parked.

OT, consider the hypocrisy of the above parking abuse versus An Post's (insurance-inspired?) attitude to other alleged safety matters.

MCMLXXV wrote: »

How do you know he's bi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

polyfusion wrote: »
    What a pair of kunts. Were you on the bike too? I'd have cycled up to the bumper and called the Gardaí. Absolute ****-stains.

That stuff happens every day on that street - Suffolk Street Post Office is across the road (you can see the driver looking at it in the first pic), and when the loading bay fills up there in the evening (it holds about three vans max), all the Post guys park on the bike track.

The tourist office is in the old church on the other side of the road and so tour buses are there frequently too - it's been ignored for years and will be for ever more no doubt.

"Who's going to anything about it?" That's the retort I've got more than once when objecting to the obstruction of cycle or pedestrian facilities.

Who indeed? The "law enforcing" community, perhaps? See photo.

Not sure if I or anyone else used this pic before, but here's the link anyway.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JY_9Pnqs9bU/S7POi0WV5fI/AAAAAAAACwE/qBMTDXLmuCk/s1600/IMG_6548

No... I can be more pedantic.. :)

As of 1992, right turn on red is governed federally by 42 U.S.C. 6322(c) ("Each proposed State energy conservation plan to be eligible for Federal assistance under this part shall include: ...(5) a traffic law or regulation which, to the maximum extent practicable consistent with safety, permits the operator of a motor vehicle to turn such vehicle right at a red stop light after stopping, and to turn such vehicle left from a one-way street onto a one-way street at a red light after stopping.").

All turns on red (left or right) are forbidden in New York City unless a sign is posted permitting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its state dependant in regard to that rule.

Yes, not in NYC anyhow, and there can be signs stopping it too.

One instance I've come across are lorries parking on the cycle lane along the Dodder Valley road/park, obviously to avoid the bother of driving into those roads beside the park/road. I have a photo of that at home, but there are representative photos all through this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement