Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

It's a Beemer...

172691.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

I'm tempted to park like this now.

There are too many pr1cks that will bang your door without giving it a second thought.

I think i'd rather have my obnoxious parking displayed here than posting a photo of some tw@t that damaged my motor.

Seriously, if you have a nice car and want it to remain unblemished what are you supposed to do? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

WestWing wrote: »
    There are too many pr1cks that will bang your door without giving it a second thought.
    I think i'd rather have my obnoxious parking displayed here than posting a photo of some tw@t that damaged my motor.
    Seriously, if you have a nice car and want it to remain unblemished what are you supposed to do? :confused:

Keep it in the garage wrapped in cotton wool. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

hmph

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

First time trying this, so not sure how well these will scale. look OK in photobucket though!

Some interesting parking from today:

IMG_1820-1.jpg

[IMG_1822-1.jpg

IMG_1824-1-1.jpg

In case you are wondering what establishment these fine folks are cluttering:

IMG_1825.jpg

Yep, its Wexford Hospital A&E. But still there is always the main entrance

IMG_1819-1.jpg

Or not.

Since I can't absolutely guarantee that none of these were the result of genuine emergencies, I've given some benefit of doubt and hid reg plates. But most of 'em looked fit enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

WestWing wrote: »

Realise that it's not possible without putting in considerable effort to maintain it including repairs to the paint/bodywork.

It's a functional machine. Sadly some road users couldn't give a to55 about others property but more importantly accidents happen all the time.

If you want something to admire and have the means then perhaps you could get a showroom item for the driveway only? Otherwise you live by the same rules as the rest of us.

Please don't be a [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL] and consider your car/needs above those of others :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Ok then, Suffolk Street:
    172544.JPG

This is a contra-flow-cycle track, except that if somebody parks on it (as they often do) cyclists are forced to ride down a one-way street into oncoming traffic.

In this case, as soon as the An Post van moved off, the white mini-bus drove down the cycle track against oncoming cyclists forcing them to take evasive action. He then parked there, completely obstructing the cycle track, which is bounded by a continuous white line which means 'do not drive here' and double yellows.

172545.JPG

It's all part of Ireland's light-hearted attitude towards road safety.

Lads I couldnt really care less about this argument ye are having but i just thought that i'd point out those pictures on Suffolk street are atleast 8 or 9 years old. ( An Post hasnt had those vans since about 2001/02 ) Thats kinda like arguing that the economy is fine today with a growth chart from 2002 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Lads I couldnt really care less about this argument ye are having but i just thought that i'd point out those pictures on Suffolk street are atleast 8 or 9 years old. ( An Post hasnt had those vans since about 2001/02 ) Thats kinda like arguing that the economy is fine today with a growth chart from 2002 :pac:

Well spotted Saab Ed,
    Here's a recent google streetview, do you see the colour of the shops changing?? Magic!!!
    172731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

:D Well spotted. The EXIF data says 2002 alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

So is this obnoxious parking not happening these days? Or is it just that the photo evidence needs some serious updating?

See this post, for example:

That stuff happens every day on that street - Suffolk Street Post Office is across the road (you can see the driver looking at it in the first pic), and when the loading bay fills up there in the evening (it holds about three vans max), all the Post guys park on the bike track.

The tourist office is in the old church on the other side of the road and so tour buses are there frequently too - it's been ignored for years and will be for ever more no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

Believe me it still happens today.

I was only 2 seconds. (parking on DYLs)

My hazards were on so that doesn't count as parked. (in a bus stop)

It doesn't say no parking (at a continuous white line)

People don't need excuses but they sure like to give them for parking badly...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

She parks illegally and then advertises it :rolleyes:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2298472

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Tabnabs wrote: »

REAL TIDY LADY OWNER CAR
    Call DAVE on 0851050555

:confused: And is it only for genuine female OCD sufferers? Surely that kind of parking would annoy them?

Ah, a quick search reveals DAVE is a dealer of all sorts, including "RADAR DECTECTOR"s. Pity he couldn't get himself a keyboard with a caps lock feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its OK, shes off-loading it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

img20110901135713.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

This one's on a cycle track a couple of hundred metres, past the Dollymount bridge:

172899.jpg

Photo was taken today. You'll notice it's on a cycle track, with double yellows, in front of of a house entrance, obstructing the view for exiting traffic.

If you're going to do it, why not publicise it in a national newspaper?

172900.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

img20110901135713.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Would love to park in the space behind that car for the day.

Here's a recent google streetview, do you see the colour of the shops changing?? Magic!!!

And look what's....172901.jpg...just around the corner.

And look what's.......just around the corner.

Nah, see the blur, that car is not parked it's moving, obnoxious spoiler though!!!!!

• Advertisement

Nah, see the blur, that car is not parked it's moving, obnoxious spoiler though!!!!!

No it isn't, IMO. You need to see an ocular surgeon perhaps... ;)

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    No it isn't, IMO. You need to see an ocular surgeon perhaps...

Check your sarcasm radar, it seems to be faulty....

Check your sarcasm radar, it seems to be faulty....

No it isn't. You missed a bit.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    No it isn't. You missed a bit.

Ha, I see the edit, but I'll let you away with it... Bed time....

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

photo1234.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The feckin boot on the thing is open! It's blurred because the camera couldn't fit all of it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

maynoothParking20110901.jpg

To make it worse, there was a car 'parked' on the DYL's to my right. Thankfully it moved allowing traffic to flow.

Not sure if this should be here or in the 'abandoned' thread ....

edit: - Maynooth yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

E39MSport wrote: »
    maynoothParking20110901.jpg

To make it worse, there was a car 'parked' on the DYL's to my right. Thankfully it moved allowing traffic to flow.

Not sure if this should be here or in the 'abandoned' thread ....

edit: - Maynooth yesterday

That Spar and the other shops there just seem to be a magnet for parking muppetry of all sorts. To make it worse, there's a perfectly good car park not 200 yards drive away, and an even shorter walk back!

i'd point out those pictures on Suffolk street are atleast 8 or 9 years old. ( An Post hasnt had those vans since about 2001/02 ) Thats kinda like arguing that the economy is fine today with a growth chart from 2002 :pac:
    This picture was taken....173013.jpg....today.

So was this one....173012.jpg...plus ca change.

• Advertisement

This picture was taken........today.

So was this one.......plus ca change.

Jesus, how long did you have to hang around suffolk street to prove that point???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement