Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You wouldn't have to wait long there. Its like that all the time.:D
    The An Post van seems to be 09 so the 01/02 theory is out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Jesus, how long did you have to hang around suffolk street to prove that point???
    The 4wd drove the wrong way down the cycle track, and then parked on it just 30 seconds after I got there. When I returned from lunch, the An Post van had been there for some time.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jesus, how long did you have to hang around suffolk street to prove that point???

It'd be the opposite really, you'd be hanging around a while to get a shot without some obnoxious parking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

spotted this in Rome a few days ago....

dscf1161g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

spotted this in Rome a few days ago....
    if thats the best you can find in rome you are not out and about enough its a lot worse than that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

maybe they were just really really really hungry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's all different in Springfield you know.
    “…regular people will be allowed to park in handicap spaces as long as they’re just running in for a pack of smokes or maybe some pop tarts for tomorrow.” — “Diamond” Joe Quimby, mayor of Springfield

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

if thats the best you can find in rome you are not out and about enough its a lot worse than that

No I'm pretty sure I was out in the city enough. Is it obnoxious or not? Yes it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

No I'm pretty sure I was out in the city enough. Is it obnoxious or not? Yes it is

In Rome, I think not.. as long as no wine was spilt and the correct pasta was used?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

see if some fella posted a picture of my car, fun and games would soon start!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

PAULWATSON wrote: »
    see if some fella posted a picture of my car, fun and games would soon start!

1) Don't part obnoxiously
    2) AFAIK it's not illegal to take a pic of a car as long as it's viewable from public property, and you can't require anyone to delete that photo
    3) If you see your car posted, report the post and we'll delete it or have it anonymised. Don't take someone up on it on-thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

-Chris- wrote: »
    1) Don't part obnoxiously
    2) AFAIK it's not illegal to take a pic of a car as long as it's viewable from public property, and you can't require anyone to delete that photo
    3) If you see your car posted, report the post and we'll delete it or have it anonymised. Don't take someone up on it on-thread please.

And what about all the people who don't even know the internet PO-lice have posted a picture of their car, number plate and all?

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

And what about all the people who don't even know the internet PO-lice have posted a picture of their car, number plate and all?

Disgusting.

No one is asking you to partake in this thread are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Disgusting.

OK, it's a fair discussion, but off-topic for the thread.

I've had to ask people earlier in the thread to stay on-topic because they're commenting on the validity of the thread, and I'll have to ask you to do the same.

If you've an issue with the thread, take it to the Feedback forum maybe? The Mods of the Motors forum, and the vast majority of the Motors Community have no issue with it, so you won't get a balanced discussion here anyway.

@everyone - back on-topic please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

si_guru wrote: »
    In Rome, I think not.. as long as no wine was spilt and the correct pasta was used?

Haha, brilliant!
    Just wait and see what happens when that pasta wasn't al dente!

Riots-in-Rome.jpg

(God, I love Italians, they truly have their priorities right!)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

If anyone is familiar with Maynooth (I'd post a pic but I usually drive by the spot and don't want to use the mobile while driving - see I'm not an obnoxious parker/driver ;) )

Anyway, in Maynooth on the Kilcock Rd, when you want to turn into the Manor Mills underground car park you get a slip lane. People are always parked on this lane. It has double yellow lines for a reason! It is extremely annoying!!

If you know Maynooth you know what I mean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

If anyone is familiar with Maynooth (I'd post a pic but I usually drive by the spot and don't want to use the mobile while driving - see I'm not an obnoxious parker/driver ;) )

Anyway, in Maynooth on the Kilcock Rd, when you want to turn into the Manor Mills underground car park you get a slip lane. People are always parked on this lane. It has double yellow lines for a reason! It is extremely annoying!!

If you know Maynooth you know what I mean :)

And on the Bridge just around the corner

Why just park illegally on a cycle track when you can park illegally on a cycle track and a footpath?

173323.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Why just park illegally on a cycle track when you can park illegally on a cycle track and a footpath?

173323.JPG

...and it`s a Micra, jesus, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

04092011203.jpg
    Sunday afternoon in tesco naas. There was loads of free spaces around the place

Oh and as for the person in it, the car was there when we were going in and was still there 45 mins later when we left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In fairness, have a look at the car. That is a car I would prefer not to be parked next to in proper spaces.

That is also the older gentleman of previous generations whom CANNOT AND WILL NOT go into a shop. Heaven forbid he is seen doing something as womanish as pushing a trolley. He'll sit there staring at people in the car park whilst every so often reading a big stupid paper.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Very considerate. He didnt want to take up the disabled spot so he bunged it up on the path & ignored about 100 empty spaces.173355.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

This person jam-parked the transit up on the footpath so as to make it easier to unload his Lidl shopping (what else!) nearer to the gate. He was just leaving as I took this photo.

173358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe he had a sore foot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Merbhp wrote: »
    This person jam-parked the transit up on the footpath so as to make it easier to unload his Lidl shopping (what else!) nearer to the gate. He was just leaving as I took this photo.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/306206/173358.jpg

There's also the other two gobdaws to the right, obstructing the pedestrian crossing/tactile kerbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    There's also the other two gobdaws to the right, obstructing the pedestrian crossing/tactile kerbing.

Look at the gardens in front of the houses. The shop fronts most likely had similar gardens at one time, so the cars are actually parked on private property, and therefore are legal.

I'm aware of a similar situation where the council used to maintain the outer path, and the shop owners maintained the inner part, with different surfaces. Later the council surfaced the entire path to maintain a neat appearance.

Seasoft wrote: »
    Look at the gardens in front of the houses. The shop fronts most likely had similar gardens at one time, so the cars are actually parked on private property, and therefore are legal.

I'm aware of a similar situation where the council used to maintain the outer path, and the shop owners maintained the inner part, with different surfaces. Later the council surfaced the entire path to maintain a neat appearance.

I see what you mean.

The tactile kerbing extends all the way back, though, which might suggest that the whole space is a public footway.

Merbhp wrote: »
    The dark coloured car on the roadway just beside the van looks unoccupied and is parked beside a continuous white line, less than 15 metres from a traffic signal?

• Advertisement

The dark coloured car on the roadway just beside the van looks unoccupied and is parked beside a continuous white line, less than 15 metres from a traffic signal?

They may be competing for the Most Obnoxious title.

That said, the rules that prohibit parking alongside a continuous white line and/or less than 15 metres from a junction/pedestrian crossing, must be among the least obeyed and enforced, no?

To me it looks like very few people in the "motoring" and "law enforcing" communities either know or care. Which is not to say that I don't find such behaviour obnoxious...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement