Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Berty wrote: »
    Nope. Picture size too big and two pictures missing.

yeah sorry about the size there

the two pics missing i didn't get to them in time.

the jeep drove off at speed and tha garda dealt with a robbery ! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

I personally dont mind people taking up 2 spaces, if and only if, it is on the far end of the carpark during a quiet part of the day. I understand people who care about their cars.

There's too many eejits who cant park and couldn't give a ****e whether they rip the side of your car or not.

I've already had the experience of parking in a single bay (with cars either side), going into the shop for literally 2 minutes and come out to find the whole side of my car from the front wheel arch to the rear bumper absolutely destroyed. The space on that side was then empty. Had to fork out €600 from my own pocket to fix it.

Therefore, im all for people who park across two spaces (when it looks like they are trying to protect their car like the Range Rover a few pages back).

I'd rather have some aul one complaining at me about parking rather than have to empty my bank account again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I personally dont mind people taking up 2 spaces, if and only if, it is on the far end of the carpark during a quiet part of the day. I understand people who care about their cars.

There's too many eejits who cant park and couldn't give a ****e whether they rip the side of your car or not.

I've already had the experience of parking in a single bay (with cars either side), going into the shop for literally 2 minutes and come out to find the whole side of my car from the front wheel arch to the rear bumper absolutely destroyed. The space on that side was then empty. Had to fork out €600 from my own pocket to fix it.

Therefore, im all for people who park across two spaces (when it looks like they are trying to protect their car like the Range Rover a few pages back).

I'd rather have some aul one complaining at me about parking rather than have to empty my bank account again.

Insurance is there for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Excess, NCD, premiums?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Yes but to be fair some people have new cars and no insurance is going to give back the feeling of having a pristine car.

• Advertisement

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Excess, NCD, premiums?

NCB Step-back/Protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

So, are you saying that you don't care what happens to your car purely because it's insured?

CONM wrote: »
    So, are you saying that you don't care what happens to your car purely because it's insured?

So where did I say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

So where did I say that?
    You said insurance is there for a reason which would imply that

CONM wrote: »
    You said insurance is there for a reason which would imply that

It would imply that insurance is there for a reason, not that I don't care about my car considering I didn't use it in the possessive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 2kool4skool

Note that you are perfectly entitled in my opinion to display the registration number of the cars parked in stupid, selfish or dangerous places. The photograph itself provides the photographic proof that boards.ie requires. It is only by knowing that their cars could be identified on forums like this or youtube that theses people might think twice before they do it the next time (at least those who have any idea that what they are doing is actually not considerate driving!)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Well said and I agree.... I've had cars damaged like this in the past by the ShoppingTrolleyWarHorse or some non spatial aware nob.... I have and will continue to take 2 spaces at the rear of the car park (quiet section) when parking my pride and joy..... if I have to do the mad chistmas rush shop then it's the old banger of a jeep I have that gets parked as close to the door as possible... only taking one spot of course....

Said it before but some car parking spaces are just too small for a good sized saloon car.. .then try and take a baby out of the back door... ding ding ding..dent...sorry....

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Yeah but then you cannot leave the insurance company you were with when you make the claim as another one will not recognise the NCB protection and if the current crowd decide to screw you while knowing this, you cannot move as there will have been a claim on your record so you will be pretty much starting again from scratch :(.

IMO, insurance should only be used when absolutely necessary as it will cost you more in the end if you do use it for something small.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

dsc00832hp.jpg

Other cars are a bit tight but still could have made a better effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

You need to clarify that, including relevance to 3rd party.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭padunne

Berty wrote: »
    You should have seen the upset I used to make delivering in a 17 tonne truck in the tunnell thingy in NUIG. I would just stop half way down. I once had to reverse because some vagabonds decided it would be funny to set fire to the bins during the night. Reversing a truck at 8:30am on a Monday morning with no alarm or rear camera 500 mtrs through a tunnell is not fun.

I was never actually sure could you drive both ways down that tunnel and to this day I still do when its quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

The avensis blocking an Ambulance access road :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Trial_Version

264qt8m.jpg

Saw this the other day and thought of this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

linked from another site, but I think this would be the winner

jerk-parking.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

264qt8m.jpg

Saw this the other day and thought of this thread
    i'm thinking thats someone protecting their 2 spaces in a private car park.
    someone coukd be nicking their spots each night etc.

(i'm saying this because that parking is so obviously **** that it can't be real)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

tosser in an Astra, and no, he was not moving, the car was stationary.....
    04062010079.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

jerk-parking.jpg

Now that's what I call disabled parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

taken yesterday outside my local spar. another fine example of parking from some ignorant feckers. like its not bad enough to park over 2 regular spaces.... /rage..

5 mins later some bint in a celika parked in the handicapped spot. hopped out, not a bother on her. the car could have had a pass but she was clearly fine. lotsa free spaces around here.. but no i want to be closer to the door!!!

2po8uaa.jpg

http://twitpic.com/1vsijs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

SoundWave wrote: »
    taken yesterday outside my local spar. another fine example of parking from some ignorant feckers. like its not bad enough to park over 2 regular spaces.... rage..

5 mins later some bint in a celika parked in the handicapped spot. hopped out, not a bother on her. the car could have had a pass but she was clearly fine. lotsa free spaces around here.. but no i want to be closer to the door!!!

113864680-81d1b5bd2de762bbab2d28b40553ce06.4c121e38-scaled.jpg

The pic is not loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

This nice lady in the Octavia parked her car where it blocked access to approx four other spaces. Nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

This nice lady in the Octavia parked her car where it blocked access to approx four other spaces. Nice....

And you're parked blocking other cars in...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I would have no problem without someone sitting in their car waiting behind my car if I was parked. Why? Because they can move when I come out.

I hate when someone parks there car behind mine and ****s off, or if they sit there and don't move when I start my car. In that case I back slowly and stop just short of their door. They get the point at this stage and move. If they ever don't move I'm sure I'll see red.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

jerk-parking.jpg

This is so good I just have to quote the picture again.
    Whoever that is wins hands down, he should be found and then made sure that if he isn't in a wheelchair now, he'll fcuking be in one when we're finished with him.
    It is simply the most arrogant, pigheaded, fcuk you anyway piece of parking I have ever seen in my life.
    If nothing happened to this guy after this, I will loose all faith in humanity and just wait for the next giant asteroid to hit, because if we have monumental **** like that in our genepool, we don't deserve to survive as a species.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

To be fair, he's in his car. If any of the owners of the cars he had blocked in came back he could move out of their way. The Skoda clearly has no-one in the drivers seat so definitely a bigger offender. Actually, I wouldn't consider the poster of the pic to be doing anything wrong at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Look up. That's 'the point' going right over your head there.

I wasn't parked. I stopped in the middle of my manoeuvres to take a pic for the good people on this forum. As I was collecting a heavy, awkward TV set from the TV repair place on the right, I had to squeeze past the Octavia, and park horizontally, taking up 3-4 spaces. Thanks to her, I was unable to turn round into a vertical position, and I was unable to minimise risk of manual handling injury for me and the shop guy by parking with my boot at the door - all thanks to the selfish lady in the Octavia.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement