Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Obviousally the 2 spaces in front of the yellow lines were not near enough to the shop (or the corner) .Had to reverse to let a van in just before taking this.
    173559.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Suburban road in Birmingham where a school is located
    article-2034420-0DBBF5E900000578-788_634x419.jpg

School run on the same road
    article-2034420-0DBBF5EF00000578-714_634x424.jpg

Courtesy of the DailyMail. I know of several schools in my area that have the exact same issue with the road actually being blocked routinely..but shure it's only for a few minutes and they'll have their hazards on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Is there an obnoxious/w*****r driver thread? I have a good candidate for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I honestly didn't see the 2nd picture because of the tiny work computer. I was looking very confused. I scrolled down and saw the 2nd and laughed loudly in the office. Got some strange looks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

E39MSport wrote: »
    There seems to be tacit approval of your strategy or perhaps this post wasn't read by all.

What gives you more of a right than others to take more than one space ?

Perhaps you're just more forward thinking than others or perhaps your car is somehow better than everyone elses or perhaps you are a superior being or perhaps it's just obnoxious whatever way you dress it.

Do you hold a seat in busy restaurants for your family that are more important than the people that have paid up and are looking to sit down?

Do you cruise in Lane 3 at the limit even though there may be nobody behind you - just because you can?

It isn't obnoxious to take up two spaces at the back end of a car park that will never fill up. Just like it isn't obnoxious for me to park on the grass verge outside our house, whereas parking on the footpath outside my sisters house is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Tragedy wrote: »
    It isn't obnoxious to take up two spaces at the back end of a car park that will never fill up. Just like it isn't obnoxious for me to park on the grass verge outside our house, whereas parking on the footpath outside my sisters house is.

Yes, it is.

And you cannot compare parking on a grass verge to parking on a footpath. Thats ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 FiFiTeg

There seems to be tacit approval of your strategy or perhaps this post wasn't read by all.

What gives you more of a right than others to take more than one space ?

Perhaps you're just more forward thinking than others or perhaps your car is somehow better than everyone elses or perhaps you are a superior being or perhaps it's just obnoxious whatever way you dress it.

Damn right i will take up two spaces anywhere i can, am sick of idiots wrecking my car by banging their doors into the side of it, if you want to call me obnoxious fine, clearly they are also obnoxious for not minding someone elses property.. so its a lose lose situation

and ya my car is better than most peoples in my opinion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

FiFiTeg wrote: »
    Damn right i will take up two spaces anywhere i can, am sick of idiots wrecking my car by banging their doors into the side of it, if you want to call me obnoxious fine, clearly they are also obnoxious for not minding someone elses property.. so its a lose lose situation

See what I mean?

yup

haha some people are easy to wind up!! ^^

i do take up two spaces where possible as i do have serious issue with people wrecking my car when iv paid to make it perfect.. why should i put up with it?? i can see your point that to the average eye it looks like lazy or bad parking but to be honest let people think what they want.. each person has their own opinion and if you want to class me as one of your stereotypes go ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

It is obnoxious to park on grass verges, IMO, as well as being illegal.

Grass verges have to be maintained by someone whose job it is to try to keep neighbourhoods looking tidy, and I am sick of seeing them ploughed into muck by obnoxious parkers. I have pix somewhere of this abuse, and will post if and when I think of it.

In any case, there is always a parking space somewhere in the vicinity of a grass verge, ie on a road.

haha some people are easy to wind up!! ^^

i do take up two spaces where possible as i do have serious issue with people wrecking my car when iv paid to make it perfect.. why should i put up with it?? i can see your point that to the average eye it looks like lazy or bad parking but to be honest let people think what they want.. each person has their own opinion and if you want to class me as one of your stereotypes go ahead!

It doesn't look like lazy or bad parking, it looks like obnoxious parking. You cannot justify inconveniencing other people to protect your car, so you try to hide behind nonsense like 'let people think what they want' and 'each person has their own opinion'. You couldn't care less about the opinions of the people your parking puts out. Remember that next time Karma socks you one.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Half the problem in Ireland is the chronically small parking spaces given the increasing size of cars etc...

I'm not arsed about scratches etc on my L200, so I always park in a single space.. but despite taking the time and effort to park straight and central in the space.. half the time I can barely get out of the vehicle..

I don't agree with it (in fact it pisses me off if there is limited parking).. but I'm not surprised that some folks decide to take up 2 spaces to protect their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I agree and another contributor to the problem is the oversupply of disabled spots which leads to an abuse because quite simply, people see that there are so many disabled spots that taking one isn't going to inconvenience anyone.

If you need an example, just pay a visit to Carrickmines Retail Park any day of the week, they have way too many disabled spots so they are just treated as an extension of the regular car park. Last week I was down in Druids Glen Hotel, there is a 'reserved' car park near reception with about 30 disabled parking spots, almost every one of them was occupied by NI cars with no disabled stickers.

Anan1 wrote: »
    It doesn't look like lazy or bad parking, it looks like obnoxious parking. You cannot justify inconveniencing other people to protect your car, so you try to hide behind nonsense like 'let people think what they want' and 'each person has their own opinion'. You couldn't care less about the opinions of the people your parking puts out. Remember that next time Karma socks you one.:)

how is it nonsense that i like to let people think what they want?? that i am not bothered in the slightest how people view my parking!
    and how is it nonsense that each person has their own opinion??

the only nonsense here is you sir.. imagine being that self obsessed that you view your "opinion" as being the only one! haha funny stuff but keep it up, we are all having a laugh at it :D

EDIT, im curious to know what car YOU are parking in a given space tooo??

Welease wrote: »
    Half the problem in Ireland is the chronically small parking spaces given the increasing size of cars etc...

I'm not arsed about scratches etc on my L200, so I always park in a single space.. but despite taking the time and effort to park straight and central in the space.. half the time I can barely get out of the vehicle..

I don't agree with it (in fact it pisses me off if there is limited parking).. but I'm not surprised that some folks decide to take up 2 spaces to protect their cars.

at least you can see both sides of the story, fair play

how is it nonsense that i like to let people think what they want?? that i am not bothered in the slightest how people view my parking!
    and how is it nonsense that each person has their own opinion??

the only nonsense here is you sir.. imagine being that self obsessed that you view your "opinion" as being the only one! haha funny stuff but keep it up, we are all having a laugh at it :D

Go on then, let's see you explain how it's not obnoxious to inconvenience others for your own convenience.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Go on then, let's see you explain how it's not obnoxious to inconvenience others for your own convenience.

the macmillan dictionary definition of obnoxious "very rude, offensive, or unpleasant"

it is not "inconveniencing others for your own convenience"

also its is clearly not for my own convenience, i could squeeze into some tiny space between a soccer mums Espace and an old dears Yaris right outside the door of the wherever i am going, that would be convenient, but its absolute lunacy..
    i go right to the back of the car park, or up to the top floor, find some lonely spaces and park across the white line on two of them, not for convenience, its is for my peace of mind! i dont go out and spend hundreds on my paintwork to see some twit whack their door off it..

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

i was going to post a ,10 golf gti parked across 2 parking spots near the ulster bank in athy until my wife told me it belongs to chap who works in the ulster bank ....he's in a wheelchair , the wheelchair spots are 70 yrds away ..i felt a bit of a dick tbh ..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Can I get a glass of ego of ya....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

the macmillan dictionary definition of obnoxious "very rude, offensive, or unpleasant"

it is not "inconveniencing others for your own convenience"

also its is clearly not for my own convenience, i could squeeze into some tiny space between a soccer mums Espace and an old dears Yaris right outside the door of the wherever i am going, that would be convenient, but its absolute lunacy..
    i go right to the back of the car park, or up to the top floor, find some lonely spaces and park across the white line on two of them, not for convenience, its is for my peace of mind! i dont go out and spend hundreds on my paintwork to see some twit whack their door off it..
    Am I to take it that you're revising your position now?
    Damn right i will take up two spaces anywhere i can,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

LESS CHAT, MOAR PICS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Yeah Chris, I am dying to see some pics of FiFiTEG's car.........I have a vision of a Poodle inside a honda Integra with a huge space around the car.....I could be wrong mind;).

Now that you mention it, i have a load of photo's on my phone that i meant to upload.

... it isn't obnoxious ... to park on the grass verge...

I disagree.

grass-verge1.jpg

grass-verge2.jpg

-Chris- wrote: »
    LESS CHAT, MOAR PICS!

You pissed or am I missing the poun ? :D

verge4.jpg

verge3.jpg

Verge2.jpg

Verge.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

173638.gif

The Reg says it all....

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    It is obnoxious to park on grass verges, IMO, as well as being illegal.

Grass verges have to be maintained by someone whose job it is to try to keep neighbourhoods looking tidy, and I am sick of seeing them ploughed into muck by obnoxious parkers. I have pix somewhere of this abuse, and will post if and when I think of it.

In any case, there is always a parking space somewhere in the vicinity of a grass verge, ie on a road.

:) Good man (wish you didnt post the Amazon though - looks good on any lawn ..... :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Yes, it is.
    No it isn't, I think you'll find there's a massive difference between what you personally find objectionable and obnoxious. Parking in two spaces in the arse end of a car park that never fills up is different than doing it in a full car park.
    And you cannot compare parking on a grass verge to parking on a footpath. Thats ridiculous.
    You compare an action that inconveniences with an action that doesn't and class them the same despite the differences. Pot, kettle, black Mr "Ridiculous".

As for Iwannahurl's nonsense, I stated parking on the verge outside our house. The verge we've been mowing, cleaning and looking after for 26 years(because the council sure as hell has never done anything). So what exactly are you prattling on about? Oh right, just sitting up their on your obnoxiously high horse.

As I've said on this thread before, I've had several thousand euro of cosmetic damage done to my car by people in car parks. I still don't take up two spaces, but I'm also intelligent enough to realise it's not always black and white unlike Messrs Obnoxious and Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

You pissed or am I missing the poun ? :D

At 9:30 in the evening? Nah, by then I'm usually sobering up or hungover... :p:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement