Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In fact the Garda press office will reply and say "We are not out to get people" and direct Garda to act "with more discretion" meaning Gardai will steer well clear of giving out these tickets/court appearances for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Atlantis Seafoods of Wexford. 11-WX-945

securedownload12433444.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

whyulittle wrote: »

The story seems to be that had he bothered his hole showing up in court, he would have gotten off a lot more lightly.

Haha, just found this in R&R!

school_run_1720214c_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

What a waste of a nice footpath!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This large unmarked DHL van (the driver had a DHL uniform) was part parked on the footpath and part on the contra-flow cycle lane on Capel Street. On the path and blocking the contra-flow lane and the view of the cyclists using the contra-flow lane.

I asked the driver to move and he got thick with me and try to claim I was going the wrong way down a one-way street, I tried to explain how the contra-flow lane worked but he was having none of it. I told him I was ringing the gardai, he didn't seem to believe me -- after a min or so a bit behind the truck on the phone with Traffic Watch he seen me move on and then quickly moved him self:

173873.jpg

Three in a row here from Brunswick Street North, Dublin. Only seen the taxi when taking the pic at first:

- Taxi parked or at least stopped in the contra-flow cycle lane when there's no reason he could not have stopped in the loading / parking beside it

- Second car in the far background in the cycle lane marked also with clearway at all times or in the cycle lane close to the junction at the end of the road

- Last car not so bad but parked at a weird angle and maybe also over two spaces

173872.jpg

Same contra-flow cycle lane. More daft parking when there's a space to the right in the photo and I there's also a car in the far background in around the same place as the one in the last pic:

173878.jpg

On a yellow lines, over a kerb and on a cycle track (the new one along the canal):

173879.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Maybe his/her revenge for slow cyclists in the bus lanes???
    173879.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Seasoft wrote: »
    Maybe his/her revenge for slow cyclists in the bus lanes???
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/5842/173879.jpg

No maybes about it.

Definitely a case of stupidity, laziness, carelessness, ignorance and lack of professionalism, IMO.

And they're bus/cycle lanes are they not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

In Blackrock just today...idiotic :mad:

imag0274m.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imag0275o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

/\ /\

would love to see the learner get into car and out of that spot.... would deserve their full licence there and then...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

/\ /\

would love to see the learner get into car and out of that spot.... would deserve their full licence there and then...:)

Just about managed to get her out allright! If the owner of the corsa had have been there, I would have been tempted to tear off the L plate and plant it squarely on their face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

This lady just parked up on the side of the driveway in the underground carpark rather than drive to a parking spot, she got out walked back a few feet thought about where she parked, looked and her car and decided it was ok.

8F7CB5B6663843FA9C90A56D9666D3F5-0000316185-0002535373-00800L-542FC9487FCD48EA933652058A49D906.jpg

phog wrote: »
    This lady just parked up on the side of the driveway in the underground carpark rather than drive to a parking spot, she got out walked back a few feet thought about where she parked, looked and her car and decided it was ok.

Don't you know that Mammywagons are exempt from all and every ROTR?

Isn't that the Crescent shopping Centre underground and isn't the facing the wrong way on the one way system?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Isn't that the Crescent shopping Centre underground and isn't the facing the wrong way on the one way system?

That definitely isnt the Crescent but I know where you are talking about

Mc Love wrote: »
    That definitely isnt the Crescent but I know where you are talking about

I suppose you are right. It's not nearly pitch black. :D

Its possibly the Qpark in Harveys Quay

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does parking obnoxious so you can get your baby out of the back seat class you as disabled? As usual for Northwood hundreds of spaces around.

173990.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Came across this lil doozey this morning....hope they throw the book at her :mad:

173999.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

^^^^ Don't see any tax or insurance displayed either!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

TheBody wrote: »

doesn't need it.... not a motor propelled vehicle

still parked like a dick though :pac:

Beer Baron wrote: »

Its possibly the Qpark in Harveys Quay
    phog wrote: »

8F7CB5B6663843FA9C90A56D9666D3F5-0000316185-0002535373-00800L-542FC9487FCD48EA933652058A49D906.jpg

It's Dundrum SC and she possibly was driving against oncoming traffic as well, not sure but I think it's a one way system right around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

TheBody wrote: »

Disgraceful.

Blocking wheelchair access, no tax or insurance, throw the book at them.

How did you know it was a female driver? :D

How did you know it was a female driver? :D

Me? I saw her get drive up and pull in, she had a passenger with her and I assumed she was pullling in to let him out but both got out of the car and left it where she abandoned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

So this gentleman lands his Hyundai into the parking spot, waits a few minutes doing paperwork etc, then tries to open his door to get out, only to find he has trapped himself in!

Reversed then into the row behind him - could he not have parked properly in the first place?

174054.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

monument wrote: »
    On a yellow lines, over a kerb and on a cycle track (the new one along the canal):

173879.jpg

You should let BE know about this. That's disgraceful parking from a professional driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

Took this Friday afternoon , driver just parked and wandered off, I was in my car for 20mins and driver still hadn't returned, seriously there was loads of spaces

8a92f966.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

is that newlands garden centre?

• Advertisement

174068.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement