Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

is that newlands garden centre?

Yep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

A couple at Centra by Kinsale Road Roundabout Cork.
    This place is notorious for bad parkers at lunch time.

These were all within 20 minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I remember asking the owner of that store about the parking and why there was a parking attendant outside.

The parking attendant/security guard was hired by the site owner(not centra) to manage the parking because of a major dispute between the two. He hatched over most of the parking making parking nearly impossible in the vicinity of the store.

I avoid the shop completely these days because of the crazy parking regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

A couple at Centra by Kinsale Road Roundabout Cork.
    This place is notorious for bad parkers at lunch time.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/190364/174105.jpg
    These were all within 20 minutes!!

You would think one of those four people standing around doing nothing in that doorway would say something to those parkers.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I remember asking the owner of that store about the parking and why there was a parking attendant outside.

The parking attendant/security guard was hired by the site owner(not centra) to manage the parking because of a major dispute between the two. He hatched over most of the parking making parking nearly impossible in the vicinity of the store.

I avoid the shop completely these days because of the crazy parking regulations.

Really?
    I've never seen a security guard/ parking attendant there, he really needs to do his job better.

I only go to it as its near work and i mostly go on foot!

• Advertisement

Also getting sick of putting links up for the pictures how do I embed them?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

174110.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I looked at that ^ and thought, 'Ah, give the guy a break, he's on a delivery in a tight street', then I scrolled right. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Should have added this post to this thread instead... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74353731&postcount=161

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

dsc00077hb.jpg

Happened upon this scene this morning. Two of them in it, and just the week that the college car parks are apt to start getting busy again with undergrads registering and all too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Spaces, spaces everywhere. How many will I have?

174178.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

photoiap.jpg

Not happy stopped just on double yellows on a narrow enough road and on the narrow path , this guy stops right at the entrance to the community centre with a very busy carpark at school letting out time.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

This photo is of a corner where dozens of kids, some with adults, some without, cross to a primary school. Many parents have buggies. The cars are parked so close there is almost no space to go onto the road, let alone be seen by traffic.
    fbe9c31f-aa66-4147-b42e-2021b535a964.jpg
    493ec516-a05a-4401-9797-a7c5d4d1ed42.jpg
    Parking this near a corner is illegal anyway, but to put children in danger is obnoxious in the extreme in my opinion!

And to add to matters, this car on the footpath and double yellow lines opposite narrowed traffic flow to one lane, causing chaos.
    ae874133-4dd7-4375-8023-bfe887091d6b.jpg

This is a loading bay on one of the busiest corners in Limerick City. Shameful parking really. There are loads of coach parking spaces within 5 minutes walk. Laziness is no excuse.

a0ec311b.jpg

JMC van with the hazards on on the North Quays, Dublin.

IMAG0247_thumb.jpg

Good parking in Superquinn Knocklyon.

IMAG0231_thumb_1.jpg

I always see someone use this parking spot in Nutgrove.

IMAG0178_thumb.jpg

More Nutgrove.

IMAG0165_thumb_2.jpg

Townsend Street. Couldn't believe it when I saw it.

IMAG0245_thumb_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I looked at that ^ and thought, 'Ah, give the guy a break, he's on a delivery in a tight street', then I scrolled right. :rolleyes:

Me too. And I got RSI just scrolling right to thank the post! ;)

This is a loading bay on one of the busiest corners in Limerick City. Shameful parking really. There are loads of coach parking spaces within 5 minutes walk. Laziness is no excuse.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/a0ec311b.jpg

But a British reg is!

BTW, what's the red strip that the bus and van are parked across?

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    But a British reg is!

Advanced stop lines? They are used all over the country, you must have seen them before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_stop_line

Dónal wrote: »
    Advanced stop lines? They are used all over the country, you must have seen them before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_stop_line

Thanks. Couldn't see properly. And that van/pickup isn't parked either, I presume!

Yes, I've seen ASLs, although where I am they are routinely occupied by motorised vehicles waiting at the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/a0ec311b.jpg
    :eek: I didn't realise the junction was after the coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Dónal wrote: »
    Townsend Street. Couldn't believe it when I saw it.

IMAG0245_thumb_1.jpg

I think it's a Garda van - they regularly park in a line on the outside of the bus stop just there. To their credit, I've never seen them block access to the bus stop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

markpb wrote: »
    I think it's a Garda van - they regularly park in a line on the outside of the bus stop just there. To their credit, I've never seen them block access to the bus stop.

Not only that, it's his favourite place to park :rolleyes:

Gardaparking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Naas Eurospar, yesterday.
    In fairness I rarely see this happen in this carpark but another
    non disabled parker in a disabled spot. Plenty of places available.
    10-KE-3079
    01.jpg

Same place, I had just walked away from the car above when
    another car passed me and parked beside my car. I'm now
    parked between this car and the white van. I think he's just lining
    himself up so I get into my car. He then walks away and I just
    stare at him. "oh noes you don't". I beep the horn and lower my
    window. He looks back, and starts walking towards me. "Your car's
    not parked". He actually used the "I'll only be a minute, mate" line
    on my. I was fuming at his attitude. W@nk3R. 07-KE-12016
    94b4629ede19ff64f76f25733b56231f.gif

Newcastle Service Station, This Morning
    A repeat "disabled space" offender. This is the ONLY disabled
    spot in the whole car park. Plenty of other parking spaces.
    f972adbfb8b65892e36371d9f64eabc8.gif

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Not only that, it's his favourite place to park :rolleyes:

So are those cars parked in the carriageway or what?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

So are those cars parked in the carriageway or what?

If I remember correctly, didn't there used to be a paved area there with bus shelters/stops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

couldn't get a pic as I was driving at the time, but there was an Opel Corsa taking up the two disabled spots opposite the entrance to Holles Street hospital today, it was still there a couple of hours later

But a British reg is!

Cyclist area. They have been installing them a lot in Limerick over the past week or so which is a pain because now, in some places, you CANNOT stop your car on the sensors so you nearly have to wait for a cyclist to stop in the sensors but then again they are not heavy enough.

Stupid stupid stupid local councils with money they don't know what to do with. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

I think we should have a strategic parking thread aswell

Ya know for those little gems of spaces where ya can park legally, safe from others and in a space few know about,

Like the hidden beautys in the cresent shopping centre car park

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Gers_punto wrote: »

Ya know for those little gems of spaces where ya can park legally, safe from others and in a space few know about,

Two points:
    1) If its secret why would you tell the whole world and have everyone taking your spot?

2) Do you mean the Cresent SC in Limerick? I wish they would sort out the parking/oneway system between the movies and Tesco. The oneway barrier should be between the Tesco entrence and the Subway enterence. Its a pain coming from Dooradoyle heading to Tesco, you cant get to the car parks near the entrance to Tesco instead you have to fight for a park near the Movie/Eddie Rockets entrance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

kiwipower wrote: »
    Gers_punto wrote: »

Two points:
    1) If its secret why would you tell the whole world and have everyone taking your spot?

2) Do you mean the Cresent SC in Limerick? I wish they would sort out the parking/oneway system between the movies and Tesco. The oneway barrier should be between the Tesco entrence and the Subway enterence. Its a pain coming from Dooradoyle heading to Tesco, you cant get to the car parks near the entrance to Tesco instead you have to fight for a park near the Movie/Eddie Rockets entrance!

Why don't ya just use the entrance beside macdonalds where the old chartbuster used to be ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement