Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

Dónal wrote: »

Townsend Street. Couldn't believe it when I saw it.

IMAG0245_thumb_1.jpg

they are almost always garda cars, (ie owned by guards) different rules for them you see

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Gers_punto wrote: »
    Why don't ya just use the entrance beside macdonalds where the old chartbuster used to be ??

Because Im coming from near the M20.

Its bloody lethal trying to get into that entrance by MacDs! Either have to cut across traffic to turn right into it or risk traffic on that tiny roundabout not reading signals or road position as you do a 360 around it! Then its a tight turn back on yourself to take that entranceway, especially when giving consideration to the poorly marked cycle lane.

Easier and Safer to turn Right at the lights by the County Council Buildings. Usually park underground, if the barrier is open.

The should be encouraging traffic to enter and exit at the lights safer for vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah Gers_punto. The many special and secret parking spaces in the dark of the underground. Not to the left with all the dumb ass drivers in SUV's and old people but to the right. Take your pick. Right by the trolley bay and escalator or further to the back where you can fit your car with room for a few seceintos next to you.

;);) We all know them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

1)Nissan on the double yellow lines and the white van blocking the entrance to a carpark

2)Mr Hunky Dorys blocking the disabled space and parked across a carpark entrance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Suffolk Street/Andrew Street, van driven onto wrong side of road, parks illegally, cyclist forced into path of oncoming traffic, as usual:
    174435.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

^^^^^
    I'd be more shocked & stunned if someone could post a picture of there & across from An Post without an obnoxious parker.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

174512.jpg

What you're looking at is two full sized coaches parked up on Jervis Street with their hazards on. That road is quite narrow so they were blocking a complete lane of traffic.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Had to stay out at the Mid-Western Regional Hospital Limerick for a few days this week. Shocking parking around.

Yep. You're still blocking the space.
    IMG_20110913_090342.jpg

But my car is red and pretty, do I have to park it properly?
    13092011005.jpg

Ha ha. They'll never spot me outside the main entrance.
    13092011004.jpg

Piece de Resistance. In an ambulance bay.
    14092011006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

^^ Is that a privately owned ambulance?

^^ Is that a privately owned ambulance?

Seems to be. I spoke to the parking attendant. Said he wasn't allowed to park there. Not on anything critical at the time or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I love the Regional in Limerick.

I used to sit in the car at the entrance and the guy would come up and say "You can't park here". I would say "I'm setting down". He'd say but you cannot to which I would reply "Well, the sign used to say set down only 20 minutes maximum stay and YOU removed the 20 minutes bit which basically means as long as I PRETEND to be setting down I can stay here ALL FECKIN DAY!!

Off he went. :D

That Passat as well is in a worse place again. That area is STAFF PARKING ONLY!

As previously mentioned on this thread and on Todayfm the security guards park in the disabled spaces at Outpatients after 5pm. There is a picture of them a few pages back. The management authority said to me "we will look into it." They STILL park there. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

photo1234dkss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

sept2011003-2.jpg

Rathmines today, usual story, cars just abandoned. At the back on the right the headlights belong to an Army Nissan Patrol, someone in it with the hazards on blocking the bus, probably waiting on someone gone into the bank.

You might think its OK as the street looks wide enough but there are several buses passing there all the time and they usually cant pass together as they are weaving in between the cars which then usually results a traffic jam. Cars and vans tend to stop right outside the Swan Centre/McDonalds*, which usually means blocking access to the bus stop. The bus has then to stop in the road resulting in a traffic jam.

* Just nipping in to get the paper, 20 Major, can of coke etc etc etc... won't be a tick, still there 20 mins later.

And this is from the new favourite Sussex St. Some oul fella was sitting in the Qashqai for a good while, Big white van then came along and just dumped itself there, van at the back was there all the time we were chatting, about 10 mins.

sept2011002-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Cork airport, VW Golf (01-C-9812) parked across two premium (near terminal) spaces,
    and looks like someone saw fit to teach the asshat a lesson.
    Guessing it was the car park employees.

Still, maybe it will teach him/ her a lesson, while not doing any actual damage to his/ her car.
    Might inconvenience the owner upon their return, just as he is doing to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 FiFiTeg

god do people have anything better to be doing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

FiFiTeg wrote: »

Time well spent if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

I love this logic.

Time "wasted" taking photos of bad parking.. BAAAAAAAAAADDD

Time wasted looking at and commenting on how much of a waste of time it taking photos of bad parking.. GOOOOOOOODDD

Lets face it, it's a bulletin board. We're all in the same (dossing from work/college/scratcher) boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I know, a little bit more thought and they could find proper parking spaces.

I bet you're double parked right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

You've been told already, stay out of this thread if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

That 00-D Hyundai van parked on a pavement few posts ago...
    Is this illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

CiniO wrote: »
    Is this illegal?

Is it your van?? :D

Is this illegal?
    Yes, absolutely illegal. It is never legal to park on the pavement or any part of it.

Eustace Street, Temple Bar, sign says' No Parking at Any Time':
    174579.jpg
    But, this is Dublin -
    174580.jpg
    I saw a van getting through with millimetres to spare, an ambulance or fire brigade...?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Yes, absolutely illegal. It is never legal to park on the pavement or any part of it.

All right.
    I didn't know that.
    I don't really know how I could have missed it, as I studied Irish ROTR pretty throughly.

Probably you can miss anything accidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

All right.
    I didn't know that.
    I don't really know how I could have missed it, as I studied Irish ROTR pretty throughly.

Probably you can miss anything accidentally.

I'd start with studying the road traffic acts, rules of the road are guidelines based partially in law.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

I'd start with studying the road traffic acts, rules of the road are guidelines based partially in law.

The Road Traffic Act, 1964 is a real page turner. Unputdownable. If you bring it on holiday be careful because you might just read the whole thing the first day. And be left with nothing then.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Is this illegal?

On a serious note, its these idiots who break up the pavement.:mad:

J K wrote: »
    The Road Traffic Act, 1964 is a real page turner. Unputdownable. If you bring it on holiday be careful because you might just read the whole thing the first day. And be left with nothing then.
    That's just an entrée, don't forget the statutory instruments. '97 and '98 were good years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    BTW, what's the red strip that the bus and van are parked across?
    *Deep breaths.... Deep breaths....*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Too hard for these two to park in the correct bays... (Finglas Aldi)

1174588.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement