Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

bijapos wrote: »
    sept2011002-2.jpg
    Are those fog lamps lit on the Quashqai?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Are those fog lamps lit on the Quashqai?

Looking at the driver I would be surprised if they weren't tbh.

Badly parked Ferrari Enzo, driver has the map out so at least he realises he made a mistake. :(

enz1.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

superquinn.jpg

Two for the price of one. The car is parked in the disabled parking but using it as a lay-by as he has no sticker. There must have been two dozen empty spaces within spitting distance...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

174638.jpg

I left the office and headed over to the shop. Twenty minutes later this Micra was still parked outside Fás on double yellows and partially in a cycle lane. They had the hazards on the whole time though so it was OK.

(I'm not sure how long the pick-up was there. I noticed the Micra as it was the same colour as mine). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

what pick up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

corktina wrote: »
    what pick up?

The Mitsubishi in front of the Micra is classed as a pick-up isn't it?

Edit : No I just noticed it's a rigid body and not the other model. Still, it's a minor point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Came back to find this tool 'parked' beside me this evening.

281AD0E616C74544A1AAF1FF4E86285C-0000315944-0002543399-00800L-9C198319F30C47FBB9D5E5546EC2A448.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This is Clare St in Limerick with TWO Primary Schools across from each other. Neither has ANY parking yet about 100 mummies manage to find parking. On the footpaths on both sides with all 4 wheels up on them with others then straddling the road and double yellow lines but VERY often you see this which grinds my gears.

IMG_0588.jpg

On a Junction, on the Footpath with no discernable traffic lights to tell her when to move or not to move. Just move when you feel like it basically. Had the truck not being there you would see the other 50+ cars illegaly parked on the same side ALL the way up and another gaggle on the other side. They cause bedlam around school times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Yes, absolutely illegal. It is never legal to park on the pavement or any part of it.

Eustace Street, Temple Bar, sign says' No Parking at Any Time':
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/22484/174579.jpg

Or 'Apex Travel'. Or 'Eustace Street'. Or 'Quaker Meeting House'. ;)

We can take our pick it seems...

mtb_kng wrote: »
    *Deep breaths.... Deep breaths....*

Yeth, and I'm only thictheen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

William Street, Limerick. For some reason, this cement mixer is reversing up the one way street.

IMG_20110917_115211.jpg

For those of you not familiar with Limerick, this is one of the busier streets in Limerick. Particularly for apes ambling out in front of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

MarkR wrote: »
    William Street, Limerick. For some reason, this cement mixer is reversing up the one way street.

IMG_20110917_115211.jpg

For those of you not familiar with Limerick, this is one of the busier streets in Limerick. Particularly for apes ambling out in front of cars.
    Was there no works going on or council fixing path or somethin I see this carry on every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Was there no works going on or council fixing path or somethin I see this carry on every day.

There's been works going on there for months now, I assume that is what it's related to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thats not parking, that is reversing..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Thats not parking, that is reversing..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, he would have been stopped momentarily when he went from forward, to reverse.

Besides, most people double parked, with hazards etc, aren't parked. Just popping into the shop or something.

Those works are a bit up the road all right. Suppose wheelbarrows were out of the question or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Well, he would have been stopped momentarily when he went from forward, to reverse.

Besides, most people double parked, with hazards etc, aren't parked. Just popping into the shop or something.

Those works are a bit up the road all right. Suppose wheelbarrows were out of the question or something...

facepalm-lol.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Crumlin road Dublin

on the path, blocking the cycle track

metres from hundreds of parking spaces in Crumlin Shopping centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

sarcasm01.jpg

Would be reading 0 on that sarcasm detector!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Often seeing scrotes with no appreciation for others park here in the disabled spot with no sticker. The same scrotes that wear pyjamas to the shop!

2011-09-13163412.jpg

And this was just blatant abandoness

2011-09-16113308.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

2 weeks later, same car park, same garda cones. This time the suxuki liana says lets be rebellious and park outside the car park on the other side, where theres no cones, beside the entrance to the park! Another person in the red starlet says a-ha I'll go one better, I'll park in the middle of the car park perpendicular to everyone else. But top marks to corolla verso man: they block people in their cars when they park obnoxiously infront of 3 cars :rolleyes: bonus points for causing mayhem, theres a poor sod in a black octavia going ape waiting for the owner to come back!!!

Image1447.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Today in a full car park in Arklow

IMG_20110918_135910.jpg

Cormic wrote: »

Is it just my jaundiced eye, or does the bicycle parking also on view in that photo really have no meaning in life?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Is it just my jaundiced eye, or does the bicycle parking also on view in that photo really have no meaning in life?
    No sane cyclist (well any that wanted to keep their bike) would use it other than by using several of the bike 'spaces' to lock the bike properly (both wheels + frame), thereby not obstructing the car parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Just in case you're as blind as this driver, I've given a hint as to where the markers are for delineating the spaces

175011.jpg

This carpark wasn't particularly full, but that didn't stop this eejit inventing a space

175012.jpg

And two drivers who couldn't even get Obnoxiously Parking In A Disabled Space correct!

175013.jpg

175014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

<snip hoooooge pic>
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/200213/175018.JPG

These guys are parkeed side by side blocking the road , swapping stock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Lidl in Maynooth yesterday (apologies for the angle of the shot, but I was trying to be discreet as the driver is in the car):
    dsc00081tv.jpg

As said above, the driver is in the car, but I took this on my way into the shop, and it was still there 10-20 mins later when I came out. He managed to take up 4 spaces with one car - bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

cython wrote: »
    Lidl in Maynooth yesterday (apologies for the angle of the shot, but I was trying to be discreet as the driver is in the car):
    dsc00081tv.jpg

As said above, the driver is in the car, but I took this on my way into the shop, and it was still there 10-20 mins later when I came out. He managed to take up 4 spaces with one car - bravo!

Why be discreet.........??

Heres another twat........i'd love to park me bike behind him and sit and watch....

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

<snip hooooge pic - lods, stop posting pics direct from your phone. Please resize so longest side is 800px-ish>

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/200213/175043.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are the Gards picking up a brasser?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement