Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

lods wrote: »

Is all I can see(removed IMG tags. Links are invalid as well_)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

To be fair, the Merc looks like it's pulled up to the door with the boot open because they're carrying out something big/heavy

I don't think so as I walked past and couldn't see anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Rathfarnham SC, again

imag0020ob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Rathfarnham SC, again

I refuse to park there anymore. I'll park miles away from anyone to avoid the idiots if i have to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I refuse to park there anymore. I'll park miles away from anyone to avoid the idiots if i have to go there.

Im the same, every single dent on my car doors are from that car park.
    I appreciate the fact that it is a badly laid out car park, but some of the parking I do see there from time to time is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

What's with the people who park ( dreadfully ) in lidl and aldi car parks ? Seriously bad drivers , no camera with me today but aldi in Lucan was top notch parkers today ... Not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

applejam wrote: »
    What's with the people who park ( dreadfully ) in lidl and aldi car parks ? Seriously bad drivers , no camera with me today but aldi in Lucan was top notch parkers today ... Not

I have noticed this as well even down south. The only thing I can think of is that the dividing lines of the parking spaces are not very visible compared to a normal car park with white lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

oh oh in clondalkin village :pac:

the man and woman of this vehicle were actually in subway (along with myself and a friend) and they had a list of what the lads in the station just around the corner wanted.

one of the lads is called bam-bam :P

sounds guards though :)

*i do not give permission to anyone to use this image in any way*

img0122he.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Can't see how the garda car being straight in its space would open up another useable space.

By the way its ok for gardai to have lunch you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

^^^ Did they get donuts too?

• Advertisement

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Can't see how the garda car being straight in its space would open up another useable space.

By the way its ok for gardai to have lunch you know.

who said it would ?

and never said they couldnt but it would actually be faster to walk from the station to subway and back than drive its that close like
    si_guru wrote: »
    ^^^ Did they get donuts too?

no. I actually also hate that image the police, gardai etc all eat donuts... i mean i love donuts myself.. try the lil hut on o connell street in dublin.. amazing but im not a gard and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2563586

Alan wins obnoxious parker of the day.

Full?id=8078748
    Full?id=8078746

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thats what the VW driver is doing!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

applejam wrote: »

Not in Ennis, Aldi clamp there.
    So there was a match on one day, all the "country folk" just piled into Aldi car park (along with any other available piece of tarmac within a one mile radius) , when they came back all their cars where clamped. Victory for common sense!
    And I am sure they will appeal to the very last, refuse to pay, nearly go to court, in the end finally cough up amongst much "This Is The Biggest Injustice In The History Of Mankind! I Will Call Joe! Don't You Know Who I Am! Surely As A GAA Head I Should Be Allowed To Park Anywhere! My Solicitor Will Hear About This!" and other impotent pissing about.
    Once cars in Ennis where ticketed whilst at Mass, there was outcry!
    Every time I hear people piss and moan about being clamped/ticketed I do a little dance of glee, because people think parking rules should apply to anyone at any time, except to them because they're bringing their little brats or themselves to school/gaa practice/a match/a funeral or just popping into the shop for fags and a lottery ticket.
    I tell friends back in Germany what the average Irish supermarket car park looks like and the response is always "ah stop exaggerating, you're being silly now, sure nobody behaves like that".
    The thing is that there's not necessarily more enforcement in Germany, it's just that people are more mindful of the rules, common sense and (dare I mention a foreign concept in Ireland) other people.
    So, what we need is at least 10 years of fascist and absolute enforcement of the rules, with fines, night in the cells for people who think that mouthing off to the traffic warden is a smart move and anyone who assaults a traffic warden, 5 years in the slammer.
    After that, the culture might change.

anyone who assaults a traffic warden, 5 years in the slammer.

In Limerick there is a lane behind Brown Thomas which, mostly is full of bad parkers because the entire lane is double yellow lane which attracts people like flies to ****. :D

So "yer wan" comes out of Brown Thomas and finds her car on the way up onto a low loader with a BanGarda there to supervise. She strikes the BanGarda, thats right, she physically assaults a member of the Gardai. Stupid stupid woman who felt at the time her expensive SUV entitled her to shop for fur coats next door. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

..................So, what we need is at least 10 years of fascist and absolute enforcement of the rules, with fines, night in the cells for people who think that mouthing off to the traffic warden is a smart move and anyone who assaults a traffic warden, 5 years in the slammer.

I lived in Germany for a few years and the rule abiding mindset they have there is something that is taught to them by their parents and by society in general and not by the state, something that is sadly missing here. For a lot of people here rules are for others to obey, not themselves. If someone is punished then as you so accurately mentioned above its an massive injustice and ringing Joe Duffy is the way out, not the courts.

One of the problems here is that for so many people when they make a mistake they always look for someone else to blame, taking responsibility for ones own actions seems to be a no-no for so many people, trip over a kerbstone: sue the council and so on.

I was in IKEA today*, helping a friend buy furniture for a new house, there were about 12 cars parked in the disabled area, 5 of them had a badge, 7 did not. Its typical of the mindset here that people think its fine to park there and will scream blue murder if they are clamped or ticketed.

The only way out of this is that people here have to start to take responsibility for obeying the rules that govern us and take responsibility for our actions. I doubt it will happen though.

@ Beer Baron. I hope the lady woman b!tch in Brown Thomas in Limerick gets a criminal conviction for assaulting that Garda, its the only way some people will learn. She might not get to spend a few nights in the cells but dealing with the bureaucracy of a conviction of assaulting a Garda while on duty would be good enough for her.

*(OT but never go to IKEA on a Sunday, I couldnt see what the fcuking furniture looked like there were so many people there :mad:.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Beer Baron wrote: »
    In Limerick there is a lane behind Brown Thomas which, mostly is full of bad parkers because the entire lane is double yellow lane which attracts people like flies to ****. :D

So "yer wan" comes out of Brown Thomas and finds her car on the way up onto a low loader with a BanGarda there to supervise. She strikes the BanGarda, thats right, she physically assaults a member of the Gardai. Stupid stupid woman who felt at the time her expensive SUV entitled her to shop for fur coats next door. :rolleyes:

She should be made watch as her pride and joy gets crushed and then do some time. But she will get a fine and everyone will feel bad for the silly bint.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

robbie_998 wrote: »
    oh oh in clondalkin village :pac:

the man and woman of this vehicle were actually in subway (along with myself and a friend) and they had a list of what the lads in the station just around the corner wanted.

one of the lads is called bam-bam :P

sounds guards though :)

*i do not give permission to anyone to use this image in any way*

img0122he.jpg

Garda bashing pic FAIL.

The Garda car is reversed into a space .... as all trained emergency vehicle drivers are required to do. Ready to respond.

The car is slightly left of the pole which allows for a neater park allowing more room for each vehicle on each side. The lines on the roadway are only guidelines.

If they had parked within the lines could damage have been caused to the Garda car (which you have paid for with your taxes) or the white van, by doors opening?

They are in no way blocking any other members of the public from parking.

I dont think any reasonably minded person would consider this parking obnoxious.

And on a side note...

Oh my god were the Gardai in Subway???? My god!!! Maybe their bodies.... like every other human being needed food and energy.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_humans_need_food#ixzz1Z04QAe00

"Humans need food to power their body. Wothout that energy we would not be able to move"

Try taking your camera out at 4am around Ronanstown or Bawnogue (both in Clondalkin) and get some good pictures of the Gardai at work, and the way they park.

But mind yourself it might be a very dangerous place at that hour.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Or better still Chief get the OP to take a few pics of the scumbags they are dealing with...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Chief--- wrote: »
    Garda bashing pic FAIL.

The Garda car is reversed into a space .... as all trained emergency vehicle drivers are required to do. Ready to respond.

The car is slightly left of the pole which allows for a neater park allowing more room for each vehicle on each side. The lines on the roadway are only guidelines.

If they had parked within the lines could damage have been caused to the Garda car (which you have paid for with your taxes) or the white van, by doors opening?

I dont think any reasonably minded person would consider this parking obnoxious.

And on a side note...

Oh my god were the Gardai in Subway???? My god!!! Maybe their bodies.... like every other human being needed food and energy.

"Humans need food to power their body. Wothout that energy we would not be able to move"

Try taking your camera out at 4am around Ronanstown or Bawnogue (both in Clondalkin) and get some good pictures of the Gardai at work, and the way they park.

Ah now he wasn't Garda Bashing he was posting an opinion, which is shock shock horror horror the purpose of Forums :eek: (I won't Condescend, like you have done to him, either by quoting wiki with an explanation for forum but check you will find i'm right)

• Advertisement

Garda bashing pic FAIL.

And on a side note...

never said it was a problem them getting lunch. (said it in another post too)

i just went on the parking alone

plus they were only in the place for 3 mins max anyway.

but at the same time for them to be able to respond they really shouldn't be going in to get 5 rolls to go back to the station with and drinks also !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I think you pissed off the Chief :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

robbie_998 wrote: »
    who said it would ?

and never said they couldnt but it would actually be faster to walk from the station to subway and back than drive its that close like
    s.
    Right see this is a thread to highlight people parking where and/or how they shouldn't.

The walk instead of drive thread is somewhere else...green issues ? But probably not in the motors forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

Saturday afternoon in Sprucefield, outside Lisburn.

The usual Range Rover dispensation applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Garda bashing pic FAIL.

Good to see this driver following procedure as I rarely see this, other pics in this thread will testify to that.

OK. So that makes about 75% of pics in this thread useless and a good portion of clamping in Dublin illegal. The lines are there for a reason, use them.

Nonsense, if they cant park properly in a standard space without damaging the car they should be on foot patrol. Nobody is asking them to ram the pole, just to park inside the lines.

And on a side note...

+100 to this. The Guards do get unfair treatment but as you well know they should be setting standards for the rest of us to follow. Small things in life matter too you know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Was shopping in Tesco Sandymount when I seen this. They are parked in the Bus Stop with their haz lights on.

When I went into Tesco, there was the two guys in buying breakfast :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

plod wrote: »

But using our taxes to fetch donuts subs is okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

si_guru wrote: »
    But using our taxes to fetch donuts subs is okay?

Not a Garda-bashing thread. Let's move on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Was shopping in Tesco Sandymount when I seen this. They are parked in the Bus Stop with their haz lights on.

When I went into Tesco, there was the two guys in buying breakfast :rolleyes:

Sandymount is a clusterfcuk for parking, particularly at 9:50pm outside O'Briens before it closes, you'll actually get people parking effectively in the middle of the road right outside with the hazards on.

• Advertisement

Go Safe Camera Van although in very small writing on the side panel it says "Road Survey Vehicle"

Parked on Double Yellow lines in a bus lane on Mulgrave Street Limerick City

550414c7.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement