Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It can be used but only if it can be used legally.

Why not? it's what all concientious , considerate and law abiding drivers do? You can't just abandon your car anywhere, that's the point of the thread.

Why not? nobody said you couldn't but I'm chosing to disbeleive what you said about checking your parking every time. And no its not what all law abiding drivers do, I would suggest less that 10% of people on here check their parking EVERY time like you say!

I very seldom check to see how my car is parked (unless its a very very tight space) I'm more than confident that when I park, I park properly between the lines.

The point of this thread is to show people parking obnoxiously, which the photo were talking about isn't showing IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Beer Baron wrote: »
    What is illegal about his parking?
    It's parked, in part on a cycle track - what part of 'cycle track' would you liked explained? It's parked in a manner in which it will interfere with the normal flow of traffic or which obstructs or endangers other traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

It's parked, in part on a cycle track - what part of 'cycle track' would you liked explained? It's parked in a manner in which it will interfere with the normal flow of traffic or which obstructs or endangers other traffic.

Is it touching the bicycle lane by any chance? From what I can see, it's simply occupying the air above the lain, sort of like air rights? ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Excuse me cyclopath2001. Have I been rude to you at all?

I have only simply asked you a question. If you do not possess the courtesy to reply without resorting to arrogance then please do not reply at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

This joker is parked the wrong way up a One Way street just off Aungier Street (Whitefriar Place, if anyone knows it). No one near the car so I have no idea how long it was there. Must have entered through a "No Entry" sign, either that or he reversed to this spot although I don't see why. The street is clearly marked as a one way system!

Apologies for the pic. I took it looking out of the back window of my car (I was stopped and parked at the time).

175870.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I have only simply asked you a question. If you do not possess the courtesy to reply without resorting to arrogance then please do not reply at all.
    Given that you have taken offense at my offer to explain in more detail, I assume then, you already knew what a cycle track is, and the legal restrictions about driving a motor vehicle on one or obstructing one?

This begs the question: how did you not know why the car is illegally parked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Yeah, how would you ever squeeze a pushbike through that gap?

Hey bud, do you wear your underpants outside your tights?

Attack the post and not the poster. Personal abuse is not tolerated. Anything more and there will be a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

It's not illegally parked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

EPM wrote: »
    Attack the post and not the poster. Personal abuse is not tolerated. Anything more and there will be a ban.

I'm coming for your dinner money. You'll hand it over, you little Kunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I'm coming for your dinner money. You'll hand it over, you little Kunt.

LOL:D

Banned for personal abuse and ignoring mod request. See you in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Is it touching the bicycle lane by any chance? From what I can see, it's simply occupying the air above the lain, sort of like air rights? ;) :pac:

I snapped this today, shocking stuff, it was hovering over a full cycle lane,
    175886.jpg
    obnoxious stuff indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Right i think more pics are needed here :D

DSC00056.jpg
    Ok so the street in the background is a one way street coming towards the camera, it's onto roundabout, oh and can you see the car behind the car outside Specsavers.

DSC00058.jpg
    It's ok because it's just at a pedestrian crossing on a crossroads (to the left out of shot is another road) next to a roundabout

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00059.jpg
    This shot is shakie but how many badly parked cars do you see?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

Can I make a suggestion for the mods please. Can you separate this thread in to cycle path misdemeanors and all other obnoxious parking please. Just so I can ignore the cycling one and get back to enjoying this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Damien360 wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion for the mods please. Can you separate this thread in to cycle path misdemeanors and all other obnoxious parking please. Just so I can ignore the cycling one and get back to enjoying this one.

We'll leave any cycle lane "misdemeanour's" to the cycling forum.

Now pics or GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Like people who occupy air rights at yellow box junctions? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Shane_ef wrote: »

DSC00056.jpg
    Ok so the street in the background is a one way street coming towards the camera, it's onto roundabout, oh and can you see the car behind the car outside Specsavers.

That's just the new Specsavers ad.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

Now pics or GTFO!

Ask and you shall receive.

this car is parked in the disabled bay with one girl in it and the other at the bank machine where I am standing. Neither in any way disabled. This spot also gets loads of cars stopping beside it in the middle of the road, making sure they are not actually in the space but happen to be blocking all access to it while stopping for a few minutes to get money out. There is a large car park always full of spaces and free after 6.30 just beside this location.

24092011209.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Now pics or GTFO!

Yay!! so bored with the 'cycle path' debates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Tesco Maynooth gimpage

WP_000452.jpg

11-MH-2776

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It's ok because it's just at a pedestrian crossing on a crossroads (to the left out of shot is another road) next to a roundabout

DSC00057.jpg

Any time of the day I passed there while working in Ennis, there were cars parked there. More often than not a black pimped out IS-2000, which I assumed belonged to someone working there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

DSC00058.jpg

Nice car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Tallon wrote: »

Rudd: My dear officer, you could not even give me a parking ticket!
    175956.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

lol, wtf is this....

CD plate on that one. I think that means he can park where he likes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Hermitage Clinic entrance, all cars as far as the eye can see are parked on Double Yellows. I can only assume there is amiguity as to the legal status of these lines, would everyone park illegally? or perhaps its the sheep mentality

2414343r543t45t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Miscreant wrote: »
    CD plate on that one. I think that means he can park where he likes :p

What's that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Diplomatic immunity. Jez ain't anyone seen lethal weapon :pac:.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

lol, wtf is this....
    It looks like kerbed alloys to me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭seabre

Love this thread - some people are unbelievable! This is slightly off topic and apologies if its been posted before but I just think its a classic!

Give you a good laugh and help you de-stress if you've been the victim of an incompetent driver lately!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wT7zM8XgXQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Stingray wrote: »
    Hermitage Clinic entrance, all cars as far as the eye can see are parked on Double Yellows. I can only assume there is amiguity as to the legal status of these lines, would everyone park illegally? or perhaps its the sheep mentality
    Been there a bit and always wondered whats the story with that - i guess its staff cars given it's always the same. Its pretty narrow to get two cars past with the cars there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement