Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I had not time to get a pic but there was a mopehead parked in the mother and child parking place today in Lidl in Kanturk. I regret not stopping now...:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Tallon wrote: »
    What's that mean?

Corps Diplomatique

Means they can pi$$ where they like and not get touched for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Not PC as it has a D sticker :o
    It wont fit.too big

IMAG1264.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Here's one that has left me stumped,

Is ok for a heavily pregnant woman to park in a parent and child space if there's no mum to be spaces provided

Gers_punto wrote: »

Is ok for a heavily pregnant woman to park in a parent and child space of no mum to be spaces provided

I'd have no objections. As long as they were within the white lines :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

KK4SAM wrote: »

Hah, the Whitford. Parking there is in fairness only moderately awful, but dear God the number of people who ignore the one way system is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Miscreant wrote: »
    CD plate on that one. I think that means he can park where he likes :p
    Diplomatic immunity only applies when there is someone in the vehicle, as one of the Belgian Embassy staff found out when their car got towed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The point of this thread is to show people parking obnoxiously, which the photo were talking about isn't showing

The example he posted of parking over the cycle track very much so is obnoxious parking, it's a prime example of it. Most people don't understand why their parking is obnoxious, and it is clear some posters don't understand.

The car is parked for no good reason over the two-way cycle track at a fairly sharp curve in the track. The reason the arrow is there is to try to keep cyclists going in that direction to their side of the track -- hard to do when the car is in the way.

Look at this carpark on Google Maps -- all of the cars over the cycle track have room within the parking space to move away from the cycle track. The space on front of the parking is also quite large. There's no good reason to be parked over the cycle track -- the car he pictured is obnoxiously parked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Victor wrote: »
    Diplomatic immunity only applies when there is someone in the vehicle, as one of the Belgian Embassy staff found out when their car got towed.
    The car could be considered as a diplomatic pouch under the Vienna conventions. I suspect the car was retrieved without paying up.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The car could be considered as a diplomatic pouch under the Vienna conventions. I suspect the car was retrieved without paying up.

It was relocated from some obnoxious parking. I don't know if money changed hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

An ignorant, obnnoxious parking job at Mahon Point in Cork.
    Not parked in the actual space, but making the space completely unusable for anyone who is entitled to park there.

00-KY-4696

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

monument wrote: »
    The example he posted of parking over the cycle track very much so is obnoxious parking, it's a prime example of it. Most people don't understand why their parking is obnoxious, and it is clear some posters don't understand.

The car is parked for no good reason over the two-way cycle track at a fairly sharp curve in the track. The reason the arrow is there is to try to keep cyclists going in that direction to their side of the track -- hard to do when the car is in the way.

Look at this carpark on Google Maps -- all of the cars over the cycle track have room within the parking space to move away from the cycle track. The space on front of the parking is also quite large. There's no good reason to be parked over the cycle track -- the car he pictured is obnoxiously parked.

This discussion ends here.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Is ok for a heavily pregnant woman to park in a parent and child space if there's no mum to be spaces provided

And here's another one.
    I'm 36.
    My mother is 64.

Can we park there, since it doesn't actually specify an age limit on the child? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭1916

Motoring Journalists...

12243048427161.jpg

Ref this article in todays IT Motoring..

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2011/0928/1224304842716.html

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

jimoc wrote: »
    And here's another one.
    I'm 36.
    My mother is 64.

Can we park there, since it doesn't actually specify an age limit on the child? :)

Yes, you can park there. But......you mother must push you around in a stroller. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I was wondering that on Sunday just gone, when it was p1ssing it down as we approached Tesco.

Decided to park in a normal space as her legs still work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I don't think anyone would object to that, apart from about 5000 nerdy boards users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

To get back on track

Carrickmines yesterday. Place was largely empty but still two people cannot get it right...

IMG_20110927_163412.jpg

The camera was on my phone is soooo crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

WestWing wrote: »
    Yes, you can park there. But......you mother must push you around in a stroller. :D

Some just have the parents holding the childs hands so therefore you must hold your mothers hand. :D

This annoyed me because I was coming from the other side of the road. A guy flashed me to cross his path in Ballymahon Co Longford and as I turned I couldn't get into the space. EDIT LOL at cars across the road. Spaces angle diagonally. :D

ac2cf1fb.jpg

Other car just as bad.

ee410f93.jpg

This is Lisdoonvarna. Quiet this time of year but how is it that hard to park correctly? Miles from kerb and a pretty obvious bunch of cones on the other side.

1206cf83.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Ballymahon is a kip for parking even though the street is wide. Were ya looking for another woman in Lisdoon???:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Beer Baron wrote: »
    This annoyed me because I was coming from the other side of the road. MG]
    Shouldn't they be parked front-to-roadway, to avoid reversing onto a main road?

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Ballymahon is a kip for parking even though the street is wide. Were ya looking for another woman in Lisdoon???:pac::pac::pac:

LOLOLOLOL Lisdoonvarna doesn't have any "talent" EVEN during the matchmaking festival. :D

Ballymahon is a silly place full of silly people. That was the place with the guy driving up the wrong side of the road. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

seabre wrote: »
    Love this thread - some people are unbelievable! This is slightly off topic and apologies if its been posted before but I just think its a classic!

Give you a good laugh and help you de-stress if you've been the victim of an incompetent driver lately!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wT7zM8XgXQ

The green Micra was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Shouldn't they be parked front-to-roadway, to avoid reversing onto a main road?

It's not really practical with angled parking spaces. Reversing in is very awkward.

It's a design flaw if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

7e8823f7.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In fairness, taxis are exempt from parking rules

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Aldi fonthill this morning. :rolleyes:

parking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

applejam wrote: »
    I]

Was here again today and in he drove and parked in the exact same spot, was there the whole time I was, car park was empty and he still had to parkmlike an ar*e

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Three in a row: Footpath, cycle lane in rush hour, and solid white line in the middle of the road.

176359.jpg

Seems like the ROTR do not apply to people going into the doctors and maybe what ever is next door as well, Google Street View has two different images -- two and one -- of cars parked around there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement