Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yes, 'arsehole' is a disability.

o1YFe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Synchronised obnoxiousness... :rolleyes:

176544.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pissing wet day, looking for the closest parking space to Argos Extra, Liffey Valley, and this f**ker takes up the two closest spaces. The worst thing is that me, and about four other drivers "saw a spot" when we were in the parallel isle looking for a spot, but this b****** had taken it!

176546.jpg

Took on the 3.2 MP phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

Just waitin for the missus....sure shes nearly disabled anyways...ha ha ha....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Don't normally post pics here but this really annoyed me today as the carpark was pretty full as it was ,obviously the multitude of stickers all over the car gives you permission to park like an ass.

IMAG0285.jpg

10,000th post :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Don't normally post pics here but this really annoyed me today as the carpark was pretty full as it was ,obviously the multitude of stickers all over the car gives you permission to park like an ass.

IMAG0285.jpg

10,000th post :p
    should be clamped for the stickers alone

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Seen this in Talalght the other day and thought of this thread, the offender was watching me taking the photo, stood there staring at me for a few minutes then walked off!

1z50mrr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

tonto2010 wrote: »
    Seen this in Talalght the other day and thought of this thread, the offender was watching me taking the photo, stood there staring at me for a few minutes then walked off!

1z50mrr.jpg
    you better hope he don't find this here lol.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    you better hope he don't find this here lol.

Looks like a woman, over by the bins. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

LD rocks. Pig parker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The guy who parked crap was very polite in fairness. You try doing that in an irish car park and youd probably end up with a knife in some part of part of your body

neris wrote: »
    The guy who parked crap was very polite in fairness. You try doing that in an irish car park and youd probably end up with a knife in some part of part of your body

That's just an excuse we use so we don't have to confront anybody. Much easier to take a pic for posting on the internet once back in the safety of our own homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

tinyjiney wrote: »
    Just waitin for the missus....sure shes nearly disabled anyways...ha ha ha....:rolleyes:
    :confused::confused::confused:

What you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Top Dog wrote: »

What you on about?

It's a caption for the attached image

The attached image is a classic Jag stopped at traffic lights - where on earth did you come up with the nearly disabled part?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Move along shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

First time posting here, gonna be doing it a lot more as it really annoys me, these guys are not quite as bad as some of the recent ones, but in some ways its more annoying they went to some effort only to falll flat on their face at the final hurdle

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Move along shall we?
    Sorry - I just don't appreciate a photo I took being posted in a thread where it really has no business. I'll leave it at that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sorry - I just don't appreciate a photo I took being posted in a thread where it really has no business. I'll leave it at that.
    Well don't put photos on the internet then!
    Now move along!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

barrmur wrote: »
    One from a while ago. Before you ask yes that is a parked car with a space in front of it. The car was actually blocking 3 others cars in. The two guards (waiting at the entrance to one of the apartment blocks) in question were watching me take the photo.

Sooooo...they were available to move the car if anyone needed to get out is what I'm hearing ?

kbannon wrote: »
    Well don't put photos on the internet then!
    Now move along!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

tinyjiney wrote: »
    What you on about?
    emanresu wrote: »
    It's a caption for the attached image

Sorry for my above comment. I assumed it was tinyjiney's photo since he posted it, and that it was parked since it was posted in this thread.
    ... I am moving along now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

In that case, you're reversing from a main road.

Yes: "A driver shall not reverse from a place adjacent to a public road onto a public road save where it is clear to the driver that to so reverse would not endanger other traffic or pedestrians."

Since, those diagonal spaces offer little or no visibility for reversing, especially if there is another vehicle alongside, it's clear that reversing from such a parking place would be illegal.

A wise driver would reverse in or find a safer place.
    Diagonal Parks are used all over the world. (Most notable, in my experience, NZ.) The idea is that if the park is angled 10-11 O’clock from your direction of travel you drive into the park and reverse out. If the park is angled at 7-8 O’clock from the direction of travel you reverse in and drive out. (The reverse in parking space being more common in Australia.)

Does anyone else find it laughable that there is an argument here about the legalities of these parking spaces, in a country where:

1. It is considered acceptable to park on the OPPOSITE side of the road to the direction of travel. (i.e. DRIVE against the flow of traffic on the RIGHT hand side of the road into a parking space. Then drive out of said parking space again on the wrong side of the road.) This being a major hazard to other motorists, cyclists and anyone trying to cross the street, as the drive now has ZERO visibility. Else where in the world you would be ticketed for Dangerous Driving, Driving on the wrong side of the road or Dangerous Parking as your rear reflectors are now show in the wrong direction. Even in my sisters little cul-de-sac in NZ this would get you an expensive ticket!

2. To get your driving licence in the first place you have to reverse around a corner from one road to another! Surely this should be grounds to lose your licence, or at least get a ticket, not gain a driving licence?

Appologies to moderators, I had posted this before I saw the earlier warnings to other posters. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

You obviously do things not just upside-down but back to front in the Antipodes.

Just because other nationalities are incredulous at some of our driving and parking practices doesn't mean we're wrong, you know. ;)

EDIT: We also have lots of get-out clauses, so anything goes really. Such as: Where possible, park in the direction of traffic flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Footpaths obstructed both sides on this and on several other local roads.

Get-out clause: they were attending a GAA match, so by definition even such blatant abandonmentness of vehhicles is a priori not obnoxious.

GAA-rules.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

Tesco, Maynooth.

Disabled? - No.

Lazy, inconsiderate & obnoxious cretin - Yes.

176681.JPG

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

WestWing wrote: »
    Tesco, Maynooth.

Disabled? - No.

Lazy, inconsiderate & obnoxious cretin - Yes.
    And its not like that place is short on spaces!

edit: I can't spell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I was walking behind this old(er) woman and her daughter(?) as they left Lidl, so this car was definitely parked and unoccupied while they were shopping.

Loads of empty spaces, not such an abundance of common sense...

176684.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

kbannon wrote: »
    And its not like that lace is short on spaces!

That's where my 8er got whacked. Out in the wilderness nearer the older shops too .....

Parking related... The small road beside Nimblefingers (no joke) in Stillorgan. Cars thrown everywhere but I wanted to pull into the small parking area outside the cycle shop. Car in front (silver SLK) stops then reverses into me.

Cracked bumper. I looked at it, said 'f**k it', got back in the car and continued on my way. He was lucky. (I'm having bad luck with it, it started to blow on Thursday :mad: and dropped about 15 mpg, this after NVD damaged it in transport - hence me not giving a sh1t about the incident)

Parked up and when I came back there were cars parked on both sides of that parking area and it took me ages to reverse out. Mayhem.

No pics - wasn't in the mood :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement