Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Joe Public parking (quite badly) in our private office spots:

IMAG0552.jpg
    10 D 1780

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

kbannon wrote: »
    Joe Public parking (quite badly) in our private office spots:

10 D 1780

No wonder he has two big dents in the bonnet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

jimoc wrote: »
    And here's another one.
    I'm 36.
    My mother is 64.

Can we park there, since it doesn't actually specify an age limit on the child? :)
    WestWing wrote: »
    Yes, you can park there. But......you mother must push you around in a stroller. :D

Done! We did that one time when I was temporarily in a wheelchair - I wouldn't quite fit in a stroller. Parked in a mother and child space and "Mammy" pushed me around the supermarket with a basket on my lap :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

MugMugs wrote: »
    No wonder he has two big dents in the bonnet

Footprints?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Footprints?
    Not mine, I swear! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Talk about obnoxious, there's not even a space there :rolleyes:

bil+hoy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

This delivery van pulls up, facing the wrong way down the road and blocking the cycle lane while the loading bay only a few meters away was free.

imag0023gq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭phog

tinyjiney wrote: »
    Just waitin for the missus....sure shes nearly disabled anyways...ha ha ha....:rolleyes:

I dont think that car is parked, it looks more like it's stopped at traffic lights, see the box for cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

phog wrote: »
    I dont think that car is parked, it looks more like it's stopped at traffic lights, see the box for cyclists.

Yeah, it turns out it wasn't tineyjiney's photo. It was Top Dog's...
    Top Dog wrote: »
    The attached image is a classic Jag stopped at traffic lights - where on earth did you come up with the nearly disabled part?

Top Dog wrote: »
    Sorry - I just don't appreciate a photo I took being posted in a thread where it really has no business. I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

thanks to waterfordwhispersnews.com

monday-dar-0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Dublin city, DCC controlled spaces. Overlapping into two spaces.
    Would the clampers re-act, even if the car had been paid for?
    fb301523-6e40-47b6-9e28-79c6d188fa18.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I took this photo at 8:20am today, in Newcastle service station. Some plonker parked in the
    disabled spot. The driver is in photo, walking away from his vehicle. All he could say was
    "Why are you taking a photo of me?"...

The guards knocked into my house 20 minutes ago saying Rathcoole Garda Station is looking
    for me :) Related? Who knows? I guess I'll find out when I get home :)

01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I wonder if he reported you for taking his pic (boo hoo) or made up some other driving related incident just to get back at you...

I wonder if he reported you for taking his pic (boo hoo) or made up some other driving related incident just to get back at you...

No idea. I have the filling station camera to show I was driving fine. And he has no expectation of privacy in that public place. For shame.

Maybe it's not related at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Were you not photographing the Variegated Ivy on the boundary wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

RangeR wrote: »
    No idea. I have the filling station camera to show I was driving fine. And he has no expectation of privacy in that public place. For shame.

Maybe it's not related at all.

Please keep us updated if they are looking to speak to you in relation to the photo. I for one would be interested in knowing how the guards react. You could tell them you were collecting evidence for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Gardai wouldn't give a rats about this parking and/or camera related behaviour as it is:

1 - In Public
    2 - On Private Property
    3- Contravenes no possible law

4 - (mild 4) He is a member of the Gardai and flexes his power of being a Garda

You have obviously done something else. :p

Beer Baron wrote: »
    4 - (mild 4) He is a member of the Gardai and flexes his power of being a Garda

You have obviously done something else. :p

I'm thinking of one of these two either. Can't think of what I might have done. Anyway, OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I'm guilty of parking awkward in Tesco when there are plenty of spaces due to the fact when I have parked within the white lines I've had a few door dents and twice the side has been scratched with twats who have no spacial aptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

do keep us updated. dying to know why the coppers wanted ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Seasoft wrote: »
    Dublin city, DCC controlled spaces. Overlapping into two spaces.
    Would the clampers re-act, even if the car had been paid for?
    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz178/beebaa1/Forboards/fb301523-6e40-47b6-9e28-79c6d188fa18.jpg

Its an offence to straddle two spaces - it may be depriving people of a space. The clampers act in two ways:

1. If there is a report of nuisance parking.
    2. If one of hteir patrols detects it - there is only so much that they can patrol in a day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

5bt4j.jpg

It only takes one!
    At least no space was wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Both of these bad boys taken at supervalue carpark in Killaloe.
    I am convinced 80% of the customers here, do not care/know how to park.
    Disabled places are the most heavily abused of all..

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Victor wrote: »
    Its an offence to straddle two spaces - it may be depriving people of a space. The clampers act in two ways:

1. If there is a report of nuisance parking.
    2. If one of hteir patrols detects it - there is only so much that they can patrol in a day.

Thanks. That clarifies my query.

Idrive wrote: »
    Both of these bad boys taken at supervalue carpark in Killaloe.
    I am convinced 80% of the customers here, do not care/know how to park.
    Disabled places are the most heavily abused of all..

+ It is a tiny car park. I try to park on the road when visiting that store.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

+ It is a tiny car park. I try to park on the road when visiting that store.

I try to avoid supervalue in general now, as the inner rage boils up each time. :mad:

Newcastle Service Station. This guy decides he can take up two spots. Never mind his ass
    sticking out. PLENTY of parking spaces around the side and back.

01.jpg

Newcastle Service Station. UPC van regularly parks here. Plenty of parking spots just
    behind him. 10D34650

02.jpg

Newcastle Service Station. Nice considerate driver parks in the disabled spot. 00MO2304

03.jpg

Newcastle Service Station. Both car and van parked on double yellow. Car adds to this by
    parking on foot path too. Again, plenty of parking just 10 seconds to the left.

04.jpg

Newcastle Service Station. Now this one is special. It takes a very special woman to park
    half in a disabled spot, half in the yellow hatch AND about 3 feet out from the curb [not
    very clear from the photo], blocking ALL traffic if someone is also filling up at a pump. So I
    pull in tight behind her car, allowing the guy at the pump to leave when he was ready. He
    smiled at me as he took his time going into pay for his fuel. I waved at the woman getting
    into her obnoxiously parked car. I was in no rush. I think it was a full 5 minutes before the
    guy came back out and moved off. I then went in and parked. In which time she couldn't
    get out of the disabled spot. Serves her right. 04C4800

05.jpg

06.jpg

Naas Eurospar Rear. The ONLY disabled spot. Eurospar was having refurbishment done. I
    assume this van belonged to the workers as it was parked there for about 30 minutes. I
    know the manager there [not personally, just from shopping there every day] and mentioned
    it to her. She appears shocked and told them to move. I then left to go home. Not actually
    sure if they moved. 06LD1250

08.jpg

Naas Eurospar Front. Guy [in photo] parks on double yellow and on foot path. What's not
    clear is that this is actually a road lane on Naas main street. This sort of parking tends to
    cause horrible traffic on the entire main street and is a daily occurrence. He smiled as I took
    the picture. I think he knew where it was going. "Hi" /me waves. 08KE9963

09.jpg

Newcastle Service Station. Finally, I won't show the image as it's a panoramic shot for effect.
    Feel free to click the linky. See two vehicles on left of shop. The white ACE van is parked on
    a Yellow hatch, blocking the exit to car park. The dark saloon is in the disabled spot. A local
    favourite parking spot. Now, note all the empty parking spots, just in front of the shop, never
    mind around the back.

http://www.irishranger.com/forum_images/20111006/pana.jpg

RangeR

What did the Gardai want in the end?

Also, my opinion is that if you are taking photos of people into their face you WILL get a smack in the face. Just sayin'

What did the Gardai want in the end?
    They have not initiated contact yet. PITA waiting. I dropped into my local station and they know nothing about it.
    Also, my opinion is that if you are taking photos of people into their face you WILL get a smack in the face. Just sayin'
    True

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

- RangeR took a pic of a cops obnoxious parking
    - Cop noted RangeR's reg and called around
    - One of the AGS members here followed it up (or they monitor - unlikely)
    - RangeR won't hear anything more about it

Bets please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement