Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

E39MSport wrote: »
    - RangeR took a pic of a cops obnoxious parking
    - Cop noted RangeR's reg and called around
    - One of the AGS members here followed it up (or they monitor - unlikely)
    - RangeR won't hear anything more about it

Bets please

€20 on option 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Shyte - do I have to pay out? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

RangeR wrote: »
    I took this photo at 8:20am today, in Newcastle service station. Some plonker parked in the
    disabled spot. The driver is in photo, walking away from his vehicle. All he could say was
    "Why are you taking a photo of me?"...

The guards knocked into my house 20 minutes ago saying Rathcoole Garda Station is looking
    for me :) Related? Who knows? I guess I'll find out when I get home :)

Clearly you created an emergency.

However, if this escalates I am willing to contribute the contents of my wallet (€2.83, plus STG£0.02) to help bail you out.

If you get bail, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Ass-hats parked at shops near Adamstown

WP_000475.jpg
    05-D-22392

WP_000474.jpg
    07-D-91075

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

RangeR wrote: »
    Newcastle Service Station. Now this one is special. It takes a very special woman to park
    half in a disabled spot, half in the yellow hatch AND about 3 feet out from the curb [not
    very clear from the photo], blocking ALL traffic if someone is also filling up at a pump.

This one took up your challenge.

0834A18C42AD43C2B27873826413F080-0000315944-0002577294-00800L-867D3555C49040A98DFC5C4AB63C457F.jpg

But it's OK, she had her hazards on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

IMG_20111006_093501.jpg

Told you he was a repeat offender.

IMG_20111007_093945.jpg

One of these days I'll remember the name of this car park...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats Thomas St. Car park??

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

How you could do it is beyond me!

logbook.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

msg11 wrote: »
    How you could do it is beyond me!

logbook.jpg

Pure ignorance that. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Nice work. Dundrum SC opposite the church yesterday evening.

drumParking20111007.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Seen another nightline van recently parked on double yella's with his hazard's on, which makes it ok :rolleyes:. I didn't get a pic as was driving past, but all to save time pulling into the carpark beside him to park it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Saw a Hyundai. Coupe with a middle aged woman pull into a disabled parking spot in the red car park in liffey valley. Just as I was walking to m&s today around 12.15. Was in the shop 10 min and came out and I laughed my head off. I saw a big illouminous sticker on the car window. Then as I got closer I noticed the clamp. Well I nearly fell over with glee. I was a biit grumpy going into the shop but was in such a great mood after I saw that. Sorry no pic. But soon many people were walking up to the car and having alook. I stood there for a min or two just laughing.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

parkingidiot.jpg

Balrothery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭barrmur

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Sooooo...they were available to move the car if anyone needed to get out is what I'm hearing ?

Not for long as they were heading inside. Seriously was it so hard to drive another 5 yards further forward. Please tell me you are not defending this one??

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

And these guys are supposed to be enforcing the parking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Lidl always seems to attract people who can't park properly .

Here's a pic from Lidl Dundalk , taken yesterday .

177288.jpg

The car is dumped just inside the entrance to the car park , miles from any of the allocated parking spaces :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Thats ridiculous, as you say its right infront of the entrance!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Car park in Belfast had a sign up. Park in One Space or you WILL be Clamped. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It was County Final day today in muckball so they were all out in force. Our green area has been damaged thanks to ignorant parking. There was also a guy causing a chokepoint which would have blocked an emergency vehicle but the guards didn't even turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Underground carpark so poor photo, sorry.
    a5961364-398d-4ec5-81a5-b795393acf75.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

parsi wrote: »
    It was County Final day today in muckball so they were all out in force. Our green area has been damaged thanks to ignorant parking. There was also a guy causing a chokepoint which would have blocked an emergency vehicle but the guards didn't even turn up.

GAA flags are the equivalent of hazard warning lights. Better perhaps, since they warrant a much longer period of immunity from road traffic law and the requirement to have consideration for others.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    parsi wrote: »

GAA flags are the equivalent of hazard warning lights. Better perhaps, since they warrant a much longer period of immunity from road traffic law and the requirement to have consideration for others.

They work very well alright - the Guards run scared from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

303891_298270180187433_100000133599568_1384075_489351058_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

YAAAAAA-HHHOOOOOOOO!:pac::D:D:D:pac::pac::pac::P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Woodies coolock on a Sunday close to the front door. Not the best quality but you get the idea. When i was going back to my car saw the fat skanger wan who parked it which explained the ignorance of the parking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

E39MSport wrote: »
    - RangeR took a pic of a cops obnoxious parking
    - Cop noted RangeR's reg and called around
    - One of the AGS members here followed it up (or they monitor - unlikely)
    - RangeR won't hear anything more about it

Bets please

Option 5 is a winner

- Guy worried [I can understand] why someone is taking photo and reports it to cops.Cops ring RangeR to get my side of story. RangeR tells cop the full story and that the photo [without reg] was posted on boards.ie.

Guard then goes on to say that these types of "parkers" pisses him off too [not his exact words] but he can't do anything about it as it's private property.

Guard says nothing more will come of it.

============

Obnoxious Parker. If, after the Member talks to you, you decide to visit this thread, the intention was nothing more than publicise obnoxious parking. Please don't do it again. That was all I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

Naas Sports Centre Saturday morning. Very few spaces as there was football on at that time.

08102011214.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I'd say he was worried about yer one on the left and her door!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement