Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HappyHouseWife

He is exempt same as a Garda car.

Why is he exempt?? hardly an emergency vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What is it with that space in Rathfarnham that attracts such idiots? Frankly it is hard to parallel park from one direction SO JUST DON'T PARK THERE if you cannot get in. :mad:

Try from the other direction.

Actually I have been in that car park before. Take whatever space you can get really.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Why is he exempt?? hardly an emergency vehicle.
    Diplomatic plates give immunity from all traffic offences AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

KoolKid wrote: »

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

KoolKid wrote: »

Immunity from prosecution perhaps, but not from towing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tabnabs wrote: »

Now that would be nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Tesco Maynooth yesterday evening (apologies for crappy photo quality)

dsc00082oo.jpg

Tabnabs wrote: »

Also its a private car park so no diplomatic immunity would apply. He could easily be clamped and would have to pay to get it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I doubt they would pay.

I doubt they would pay.

Wouldn't be going anywhere then. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They would cut the bugger off then. Then they can invoke Diplomatic immunity to avoid any criminal charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Sur' who's going to ticket and/or clamp him?

There was a famous pic on the front page of the Galway advertiser several years ago, of a member of AGS, writing a parking ticket for a van belonging to NCPS I think, which provided the clamping/ parking enforcement for Galway C.C. at the time.

Said van was parked on double yellow lines, on a corner, with his hazards on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

editing photos please hold...............

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

One effective way to stop people parking where they shouldn't is to put up bollards stopping them, here's a picture of some workers doing just that.....
    178153.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

White Transit...

178154.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

One effective way to stop people parking where they shouldn't is to put up bollards stopping them, here's a picture of some workers doing just that.....

That;s photoshopped i believe. The Bollard farthest to the right looks out of place.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That;s photoshopped i believe. The Bollard farthest to the right looks out of place.

And blur tool used around the bottom of it too..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

178183.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Opposite our house, blocking the entire footpath. Was there for a couple of hours
    2011-10-15194935.jpg

• Advertisement

I just went to the Hector Breakfast page as a guy had posted the real picture but they removed it. Spoilsport I guess. Anyway both of the bottom two bollards are not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I'm sure it's on Snopes, was doing the rounds a couple of the years ago.

I'm sure it's on Snopes, was doing the rounds a couple of the years ago.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/bollards.asp and more importantly I guess it the fact they refer to them as, and I forgot about it myself, removable bollards. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

B&Q/Halfords carpark, Naas today. 3 disabled parking spaces in use and not 1 blue sticker in sight (Celica, Merc van and Mondeo). No shortage of empty parking spaces either.

disabled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This clown parked in the middle of the road :D

6zvkeq.jpg

(just saw it in the post a pic of your car thread)

kkelly77 wrote: »
    B&Q/Halfords carpark, Naas today. 3 disabled parking spaces in use and not 1 blue sticker in sight (Celica, Merc van and Mondeo). No shortage of empty parking spaces either.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3968/disabled.jpg
    the celica was parked there yesterday.
    must be a staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Out walking with my 10 month old today, and I'm totally fed up with people parking half way up on the path, forcing me on to the road. Please, if you must park your car like that, especially on a busy road, leave some room for us parents with buggies. I really dont like having to walk out on to a busy road with my kid in front of me. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

keano_afc wrote: »
    Out walking with my 10 month old today, and I'm totally fed up with people parking half way up on the path, forcing me on to the road. Please, if you must park your car like that, especially on a busy road, leave some room for us parents with buggies. I really dont like having to walk out on to a busy road with my kid in front of me. :mad::mad:
    photo?

2011_10_15_45454545.jpg

452454545.jpg

two from Newhall Naas, B&Q.
    from saturday.
    finally got them resized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

^ Same carpark as #5705. I hate that place. It's a parking black hole. Muck savages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement