Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Swords Pavilions,

WP_000470.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

jimmynokia wrote: »
    photo?

My camera wouldn't have enough memory for the photos of each time I have had to push my twins' buggy in the road to go around a parked car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

0VBbt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Oregon, what would you expect from a bunch of euthanasia loving hippies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Spotting these gobshytes in IKEA on Saturday

PG06 YEK - apologies for the wonky photo, was risking a curse from these two if they spotted me. No blue badges on the vehicle.
    WP_000504.jpg

Ditto this one 05-D-44057, parked in a disabled space but not displaying a badge
    WP_000495.jpg

Finally this guy in the family space, but parked so as to make it difficult for everyone else. 99-D-70884
    WP_000494.jpg

Blue badges have no legal effect on private property. Also private disabled spaces have no legal standing.

Obnoxiousness doesn't know the difference between public and private :D

Only in a kangaroo court does it matter it would seem.

Even if it is not an offense it is still very offensive.

Would you ride around the freely provided wheel chair in Tesco's if you could walk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

franksm wrote: »
    Finally this guy in the family space, but parked so as to make it difficult for everyone else. 99-D-70884
    WP_000494.jpg

Doubt the yoke beside it was carrying a family anyway.

Awesome looking Land Rover (4-door crew with covered pickup bed). If it was a family wagon, it was a COOL family wagon. May have been Chuck Norris' choice of shopping transport. Anyway, at list it was parked straight and non-obnoxiously

si_guru wrote: »
    Even if it is not an offense it is still very offensive.

Would you ride around the freely provided wheel chair in Tesco's if you could walk?
    Tesco's have free wheelchairs? Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This location is my pet hate. It is busy on the road and slightly drizzly which naturally means your child CANNOT get wet so you must park wherever you like. There are two schools on either side of the road finishing up at the same time.

This picture I see 10 cars on DYL

0183fb4a.jpg

Little further but you get the point. They just are all over the footpaths

f291747f.jpg

It's ok. I haz ma hazards on

e36520bc.jpg

Yes they are ALL parked in a free flowing lane of traffic.

276cacb2.jpg

As you can see the Passat needed to avoid the Mazda illegally parked out in the lane whilst the rest are on the foothpath and DYL

8a6bc884.jpg

The traffic on the Parkway roundabout was mental because of this. Traffic was backed onto the roundabout and further back for people who know this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

BB, I pass that way from time to time and it's crazy. Have you ever seen the boys is blue giving tickets out there ?

Have you ever seen the boys is blue giving tickets out there ?

Never and I doubt I ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Never and I doubt I ever will.

I know someone living on that stretch and they have often had their cars boxed into their drives for over 30mins by that 'parking'. They have got onto the cops a few times who have done sfa about it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I have yet to meet a parent who thinks anything is more important than their childs comfort.

Heck the child needs to be rushed home ASAP for the emergency meeting with Mario Kart on the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I have yet to meet a parent who thinks anything is more important than their childs comfort.
    You're forgetting something - their own comfort. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Heck the child needs to be rushed home ASAP for the emergency meeting with Mario Kart on the DS.

As a parent I think this is vitally important for the future driver of tomorrow.:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Behavior on the roads in Limerick in general is appalling.
    Every place on Earth it happens sometimes that someone doesn't want to wait for the long queue at the lights or the roundabouts, so they just pull into the wrong lane and floor it past everyone else. But only in Limerick does it happen with about 20% or drivers.
    Arseholes, the lot of them.
    It's just part of the general "fcuk you" attitude in Limerick traffic.
    Sometimes I see scrotes at the traffic light, actually waiting for the lights to go green for cars, then saunter very slowly across the road with a grin on their face.
    My girlfriend does not usually drive into Limerick, but she did the other day and actually said "is it always this bad?".
    Never in my live and in at least 11 countries I've driven in have I seen the likes of Limerick, the rudeness, the aggression, the pushing and bullying, just the general "fcuk you" attitude really stinks.
    Not saying everyone is at it, but the percentage of assholes is unusually high.
    My guesses: Mammy and Daddy neglecting to teach their rotten offspring some manners, probably leading by example. General apathy by the enforcement bodies. And, of course, a high volume of scumbags that know they can do whatever they want because their parents never did anything and the cops never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

As you can see the Passat needed to avoid the Mazda illegally parked out in the lane whilst the rest are on the foothpath and DYL

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/8a6bc884.jpg

The traffic on the Parkway roundabout was mental because of this. Traffic was backed onto the roundabout and further back for people who know this area.

Wut Mazda? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

celticbest wrote: »

The place :rolleyes:

Cant believe they let the parker get away with that! They are normally strict and that looks like the front car park that people queue to get into! Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JohnMagic

This legend nearly pulled off the elusive four space trick!

i couldn't keep the camera still with the excitement!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Wut Mazda? ;)

Toyota Verso it is so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

keano_afc wrote: »
    Out walking with my 10 month old today, and I'm totally fed up with people parking half way up on the path, forcing me on to the road. Please, if you must park your car like that, especially on a busy road, leave some room for us parents with buggies. I really dont like having to walk out on to a busy road with my kid in front of me. :mad::mad:

There is never any reason why obnoxious parkers "must" park like that (emergencies being the only exception, but that's not at issue here).

Please don't let these people off the hook. If they're on the path, they're being illegal and obnoxious, IMO. You, and especially your child, have every right to travel on the footpath in safety and comfort. Obnoxious parkers have no such rights whatsoever.

Looking forward to seeing your photos here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Break all ties

Now in session!
    kangaroocourt8592.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Now in session!
    kangaroocourt8592.jpg
    There is no kangaroo court! All this thread is doing is highlighting people's inconsideration towards others whilst in many cases deliberately breaking the law.
    If you have a problem then use the report post option (report.gif) or else keep stumpf!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ah sure why not

58CA16B6665340FBAA67BBE9CF58E9B9-0000342860-0002590548-00800L-A344847DB25B4A96B4E365CB5786829C.jpg

861EC98C5E674E628374261123808FD0-0000342860-0002590549-00800L-B62F8CB2E3584C458B3EC99656549E60.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^ Obviously hates blind people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement