Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

3 into 6 spaces...

178452.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Hazard Warning Lights: 2
    Everyone else except me: 0

04-WH-3537.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

si_guru wrote: »
    Even if it is not an offense it is still very offensive.

Would you ride around the freely provided wheel chair in Tesco's if you could walk?

There's a free wheel chair in Tesco's? Which Branch?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Ikea on a Sunday. Best time to take up two spaces.

IMG_20111016_142223.jpg

My family now show me bad parking so I can take a picture :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Cormic wrote: »
    Ikea on a Sunday. Best time to take up two spaces.

My family now show me bad parking so I can take a picture :(

lol, you're hardcore

here's one I saw on the net
    gssS9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was parallel parked with the footpath so was the other guy at the far side also sitting in his car. Next thing this "clown" arrives and just abandons his car.

ed254052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Behavior on the roads in Limerick in general is appalling.
    Every place on Earth it happens sometimes that someone doesn't want to wait for the long queue at the lights or the roundabouts, so they just pull into the wrong lane and floor it past everyone else. But only in Limerick does it happen with about 20% or drivers.
    Arseholes, the lot of them.
    It's just part of the general "fcuk you" attitude in Limerick traffic.

My girlfriend does not usually drive into Limerick, but she did the other day and actually said "is it always this bad?".
    Never in my live and in at least 11 countries I've driven in have I seen the likes of Limerick, the rudeness, the aggression, the pushing and bullying, just the general "fcuk you" attitude really stinks.
    Not saying everyone is at it, but the percentage of assholes is unusually high.
    My guesses: Mammy and Daddy neglecting to teach their rotten offspring some manners, probably leading by example. General apathy by the enforcement bodies. And, of course, a high volume of scumbags that know they can do whatever they want because their parents never did anything and the cops never will.

Feel better now that you got that off your chest? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

Behavior on the roads in Limerick in general is appalling.
    Every place on Earth it happens sometimes that someone doesn't want to wait for the long queue at the lights or the roundabouts, so they just pull into the wrong lane and floor it past everyone else. But only in Limerick does it happen with about 20% or drivers.
    Arseholes, the lot of them.
    It's just part of the general "fcuk you" attitude in Limerick traffic.
    Sometimes I see scrotes at the traffic light, actually waiting for the lights to go green for cars, then saunter very slowly across the road with a grin on their face.
    My girlfriend does not usually drive into Limerick, but she did the other day and actually said "is it always this bad?".
    Never in my live and in at least 11 countries I've driven in have I seen the likes of Limerick, the rudeness, the aggression, the pushing and bullying, just the general "fcuk you" attitude really stinks.
    Not saying everyone is at it, but the percentage of assholes is unusually high.
    My guesses: Mammy and Daddy neglecting to teach their rotten offspring some manners, probably leading by example. General apathy by the enforcement bodies. And, of course, a high volume of scumbags that know they can do whatever they want because their parents never did anything and the cops never will.

That is everywhere. Newbridge is a joke. It is a generation thing. These are the same louts that happily throw their rubbish out the window or on the path as they walk. When I was young I got a smack across the back of the head for bad behaviour, learned my lesson and behaved. Nobody, not parents or gardai will say a thing to anyone, just in case they are accused of discrimination, racism etc. It used to be a form of "zero tolerance", enforced by those of authority, including your parents. Parents now believe that they have no responsibilty to their offspring.

The only place I never see this happening is Dublin City along the quays (except for the zombies who are on another planet anyway). Any god****e that walks out in front of a car will be run over. Anyone jumping cues in traffic will be muscled out and they will wait.

Now I feel better !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

There is no one in the car so technically it is parked...

Full?id=8300927

...in a junction? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dgt wrote: »
    ...in a junction? :confused:
    Signs say yes, road markings say no. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

nenagh, co tipp

image0066v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Ah sure why not

Please if you see this again take a photo from the front where we can identify the culprit by his reg and make a complaint. Members of the emergency services work really hard to help out unfortunate victims - but should never make themselves a hazard to others, hence the blue lights while dealing with incidents.
    But from what I see here this is totally abhorrent behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

jimmynokia wrote: »
    nightline did not learn anything?
    is it a wonder with a stalker on their hands lol.....

Far from a stalker, most of what I see is on a very short walk in galway, on the way to/from college, the reason for picking on the nightline stuff is because they already made an appearance on this thread and claimed that they'd do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Damien360 wrote: »
    That is everywhere. Newbridge is a joke. It is a generation thing. These are the same louts that happily throw their rubbish out the window or on the path as they walk. When I was young I got a smack across the back of the head for bad behaviour, learned my lesson and behaved. Nobody, not parents or gardai will say a thing to anyone, just in case they are accused of discrimination, racism etc. It used to be a form of "zero tolerance", enforced by those of authority, including your parents. Parents now believe that they have no responsibilty to their offspring.

The only place I never see this happening is Dublin City along the quays (except for the zombies who are on another planet anyway). Any god****e that walks out in front of a car will be run over. Anyone jumping cues in traffic will be muscled out and they will wait.

Now I feel better !

Trust me.. it's not as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Rathgar Village earlier on this evening, say no more.....

imag0030io.jpg

this is one that really grinds my gears, everytime i go into the Topaz garage on Ballyboden road there is always an idiot who has to park in front of the entrance to the shop, with ample parking only a few feet away.

imag0031d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Sure just feck it in the middle of the road it'll be grand...

291741_2268767953397_1074523351_2458884_1194093719_n.jpg

(There is no-one in the car.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

rain on wrote: »
    Sure just feck it in the middle of the road it'll be grand...

(There is no-one in the car.)

Yerra sure I'm just nipping in for 20 Major/Indo/sweets for the young wans/pint of milk/weekly shopping for 5 kids/hairdressers.

Delete as appropriate but woe betide the person who might get in their way while they are carrying out their menial daily chores.

If they do catch you taking photos be prepared to be threatened with the Guards, or Joe Duffy, or both. Totally selfish parking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Rathgar Village earlier on this evening, say no more.....

imag0030io.jpg

:eek: Yeah, I can't believe the Bicycle is parked on double yellows either..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

celticbest wrote: »
    :eek: Yeah, I can't believe the Bicycle is parked on double yellows either..... ;)

Looks like a Garda bicycle too. Perhaps they were there ticketing people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Does other people's parking annoy you. Then get one of these;
    http://www.haha-lolz.com/images/1319123034-19321.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Dunnes Stores in Knocknacarra, Galway is full of muppets trying to park.

2 from recently:

178810.jpg

178809.jpg

The space on the right of the Mondeo is huge by Irish standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Is that car-park very badly designed, or am I just Victor Meldrew?

Or both, perhaps?

One of the things that bugs me is that there is usually a vast number of spaces available underground, but very few people want to use them. So they arse around looking for a space near the door, holding up traffic and often taking the Parent & Child and Blue Badge spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

si_guru wrote: »
    Even if it is not an offense it is still very offensive.

Would you ride around the freely provided wheel chair in Tesco's if you could walk?

Mods should move this post to Bargain Alerts.

Success for me today although it generated a massive argument between myself and the missus.

Tesco Coonagh Limerick car park struck again. I said on the way out as it was lashing rain "watch now all the disabled spaces will be taken up" and yep way more than usual were taken up yet not one wheelchair, crutch or anything similar to be seen in the store.

Leaving: I was already a few steps ahead of the missus when a woman in a VW Polo cuts in front of my trolley and into a disabled space. She hops out and says to my missus "oh do you have change for the trolley" to which I came back a few steps

"HEY, you're well able to walk, get in the shop and get your own change because didn't you park close enough to the door in the disabled spaces anyway?"
    "I'm sorry but I thought I was being courteous in the way I asked"
    "Oh you were but you are being obnoxious parking in these spaces so no, you can walk to the till and ask"

Missus jaw hit the floor and I walked off trying for some reason to defend myself. :confused:

I walked two spaces to my car which was parked perfectly legally yet I had to get in the passenger door because the 607 parked across the lines on top of my car. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

^^^
    Good on yer, BB!
    Was in Ennis today and the thinking seems to be Me from A to B, the only concern is my convenience, other people are a foreign concept, decoration at best.
    You story highlights the fact that a lot of people mightn't even do it out of malice, but the concept that one should consider the impact of one's actions on other people seems to be missing from their brains and when reminded of that, they will look at you as if you've just told them that the gravity of an object will increase with speed and at the speed of light will become infinite, therefore collapsing the object into a singularity and forming a black hole, also the reason, according to Einstein, that no object that has mass can achieve or exceed the speed of light.
    Because it will make just as much sense to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

imag0200vk.jpg

I know them passats are huge yokes, but....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I asked a guy in a suit one day who appeared to be in perfectly good health whilst parking in a disabled spot and no sign of a blue badge if he had 'the disability to go with that parking space?'

He did some stammering when I pulled him up on it.. :D

It always amazes me when I go to the sports complex in Sligo how many people drive as close to the door as possible. Surely they aren;t that lazy to walk if they are going to a gym in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Slidey wrote: »
    I asked a guy in a suit one day who appeared to be in perfectly good health whilst parking in a disabled spot and no sign of a blue badge if he had 'the disability to go with that parking space?'

He did some stammering when I pulled him up on it.. :D

It always amazes me when I go to the sports complex in Sligo how many people drive as close to the door as possible. Surely they aren;t that lazy to walk if they are going to a gym in the first place?

Having hardly any painted lines in the place doesn't really help either. People tend to leave a bigger gap than nessesary meaning less spaces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement