Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭McGrath5

imag0033yp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The criteria for disabled badge is not necessarily crutches or a wheelchair.

Some ignorant people on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yes but a criteria for a disabled spot is the disabled badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ah Rathfarnham shopping centre...i'm more surprised that it appears every other car in the shot is parked reasonably!

RangeR wrote: »
    On private land it is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It is when notified like with NCPS in Childers Rd Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

Yes, quite right, being a hatchet face hallion seems to be a pre-requisite on private land:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

si_guru wrote: »
    Even if it is not an offense it is still very offensive.

Would you ride around the freely provided wheel chair in Tesco's if you could walk?

What? And here was me using my legs all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Success for me today although it generated a massive argument between myself and the missus.

Tesco Coonagh Limerick car park struck again. I said on the way out as it was lashing rain "watch now all the disabled spaces will be taken up" and yep way more than usual were taken up yet not one wheelchair, crutch or anything similar to be seen in the store.

Leaving: I was already a few steps ahead of the missus when a woman in a VW Polo cuts in front of my trolley and into a disabled space. She hops out and says to my missus "oh do you have change for the trolley" to which I came back a few steps

"HEY, you're well able to walk, get in the shop and get your own change because didn't you park close enough to the door in the disabled spaces anyway?"
    "I'm sorry but I thought I was being courteous in the way I asked"
    "Oh you were but you are being obnoxious parking in these spaces so no, you can walk to the till and ask"

Missus jaw hit the floor and I walked off trying for some reason to defend myself. :confused:

I walked two spaces to my car which was parked perfectly legally yet I had to get in the passenger door because the 607 parked across the lines on top of my car. :(

Success all yesterday in the Crescent, passed about ten cars all parked in those hatched areas by the tracks and every single one had a lovely sticker on their window!

And what did the nice lady in the yaris in front of me do? She proceeded to park in the exact same area!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No need to blank out the reg!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

kbannon wrote: »
    still on his 28 days;)

kbannon wrote: »
    Why? I have always thought that showing a reg could place the website on shaky legal ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Not this argument again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

RangeR wrote: »
    Beer Baron wrote: »
    It is when notified like with NCPS in Childers Rd Limerick.
    Yes, quite right, being a hatchet face hallion seems to be a pre-requisite on private land:rolleyes:
    bicardi19 wrote: »
    What? And here was me using my legs all this time.
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Success all yesterday in the Crescent, passed about ten cars all parked in those hatched areas by the tracks and every single one had a lovely sticker on their window!

And what did the nice lady in the yaris in front of me do? She proceeded to park in the exact same area!!:rolleyes:
    Why? I have always thought that showing a reg could place the website on shaky legal ground.
    Not this argument again.

Less yappin!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Lidl, Cobh. Rain coming down at 45 degrees and this considerate person takes two of the spaces closest to the door.

0MDK8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Woman in SUV parked horizontally across no less than 3 wheelchair spaces outside boots in the Childers road retail park the other day. Had to actually blow the horn to get her to move so that I could park and get my disabled friend out of the car. Went up to her window and started giving her a load of abuse to which she replied 'oh but sure my daughter is only gone in to collect something'. There were about 20 free spaces in the vicinity. The fcucking ignorance :mad: her daughter came out with an armful of chocolate and goodies and got a fierce earful from my friend. Yer one in the jeep drove off with a big haughty head on her..... Ugh!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Woman in SUV parked horizontally across no less than 3 wheelchair spaces outside boots in the Childers road retail park the other day. Had to actually blow the horn to get her to move so that I could park and get my disabled friend out of the car. Went up to her window and started giving her a load of abuse to which she replied 'oh but sure my daughter is only gone in to collect something'. There were about 20 free spaces in the vicinity. The fcucking ignorance :mad: her daughter came out with an armful of chocolate and goodies and got a fierce earful from my friend. Yer one in the jeep drove off with a big haughty head on her..... Ugh!! :mad::mad:

No pic means that it didn't happen....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

178997.jpg

178998.jpg

Taking up two disabled spots while ignoring an empty space doesn't get better worse than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

This one outside Curry's in Liffey Valley on Sun.
    Not disabled but decided he wanted two spaces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Johnnio13 wrote: »

But it was raining!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Johnnio13 wrote: »

That reatil park gets an unusually large number of disabled visitors, all of whom seem to leave their blue badges at home. Anything marked "set down area" or "pick up zone" seems to be a magnet for parking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

WP_000474.jpg

Note spaces directly across the road.......

REG : 97 WW 1303.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Salthill. Blocking spaces while yapping to her friend inside a shop.
    20755_thumb.jpg

Headford Rd Supermacs. One wheel into next space.
    aca80_thumb.jpg

I haz wide car, derp.
    8083c_thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

im kinda suprised nobody caught me out yet.

when i drive other cars i do the most stupid parking ever just to see if i get caught on here.

sometimes i do it in my car but only when carpark is empty enough and not making a obstruction !

come on lads.. catch me out :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Ted Johnson's Saturday

parking20111021.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

robbie_998 wrote: »
    im kinda suprised nobody caught me out yet.

when i drive other cars i do the most stupid parking ever just to see if i get caught on here.

sometimes i do it in my car but only when carpark is empty enough and not making a obstruction !

come on lads.. catch me out :pac::pac::pac:

Cop on FFS and stop trolling. That is quite possibly the silliest response I have seen to a topic in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

6276502146_e53e5f5576_b.jpg
    Dscn0349 by swansong12, on Flickr

They were parked here for at least 15mins (I pulled in to a space & waited for my daughter to nip in, they were there when I arrived & left)

6276502006_dd3fb29594_b.jpg
    Dscn0350 by swansong12, on Flickr
    Too far to walk the extra 5 yards from the empty pickup layby!

Tesco (Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim, N.I.)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ara pick up and drop off zones are designed for people to abandon their cars anyway. Nobody, generally, patrols the car parks.

The only big Supermarket car park I have seen them patrol(surface car park) was the Asda in Enniskillen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lmkman

Was in the underground carpark in Tesco Portlaoise. Carpark was very busy. In the first underground level there is a row for disabled parking. There was only one car with a blue badge. Perfect healthy people were parking in these spots.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement