Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If people reported the pigs using the P&C spaces and the shops enforced it with those stickers that are very hard to remove - I am sure it would help

tigerblob wrote: »
    It's so the parent has more room to put a pram beside the door and lift the baby into it. Or, in the case of older children who don't need prams, so they don't accidentally slam the door into the car beside them.

Surely the spaces are not for folks with kids old enough to walk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I have tried that, especially the much more objectionable practice of stealing Blue Badge spaces, but in the absence of a clamping regime the managers are powerless and the obnoxious parkers know they can get away with it.

I had one PIG (having loaded up with booze in the P&C space) drive at me with his car while I had my child in my arms. One middle manager told me that when he challenged a driver hogging a Blue Badge space he was asked "do you want to keep your teeth?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

RoverJames wrote: »
    Surely the spaces are not for folks with kids old enough to walk?

You still have to get them in and out of their car seats - not easy if you only have 6 inches to manoeuvre between you and the car beside you.

And leaving the shop with your shopping and trying to control a small child/children - a lot easier to do if you only have to go a short distance to your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mc Love wrote: »
    If people reported the pigs using the P&C spaces and the shops enforced it with those stickers that are very hard to remove - I am sure it would help
    Criminal damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Criminal damage.

Grow some.

here are some pictures

This one parked in a hatched area that says no parking. Even though there was loads of parking available

2011-10-29175610.jpg

Outside the bookies even though there were a load of car spaces available directly across from bookies

2011-10-29175630.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

si_guru wrote: »
    Grow some.

Attack the post, not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Courtesy, practicality, pragmatism and marketing, IMO.

Shoppers with children are probably the biggest spenders, and having the children in tow can make shopping a hassle. Larger spaces nearer the door make the chore a bit easier.

Hijacking of P&C spaces by petty ill-mannered gobsh:tes occurs primarily because there are lots of said PIGs around, but also because they know that in all likelihood they will get away with it. I'm not aware of any carpark where such PIGs are clamped, but it would be nice to know that it happens somewhere at least occasionally. At €100 a lesson, say, even PIGs might learn fast.

Tescos Wexford were clamping abuse of P&C and disabled spaces today.

Wexfordian wrote: »
    Tescos Wexford were clamping abuse of P&C and disabled spaces today.
    Hopefully some one will sue them for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Why???

They could, but they would lose. Its Tescos land and those conditions are posted. Frankly if someone can't even abide by very simple parking rules they shouldn't be allowed near the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

gonker wrote: »
    Why???

Why respond to a Troll.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

I doubt they would lose. People are silly to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

here are some pictures

This one parked in a hatched area that says no parking. Even though there was loads of parking available

2011-10-29175610.jpg

Outside the bookies even though there were a load of car spaces available directly across from bookies

2011-10-29175630.jpg

Why does this annoy you? The cars are not in anyone's way.
    At the risk of sounding unsupportive to the thread(which im not). Some off the pics on here are nit picking and petty to say the least. Like a few pages back with a blue Trasit parked across 3 spots, IN AN EMPTY CAR PARK. Why bother uploading a pic like that. I mean really. The owners hardy leave it like that for long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Has anyone in Limerick got a picture of the primary school on the Corbally rd? I honestly couldnt fit all the cars illegally parked into one picture. Between 2.30 and 3 pm EVERY day there are at the very least 60 cars illegally parked on double yellows on both sides of the road.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Why does this annoy you? The cars are not in anyone's way.
    At the risk of sounding unsupportive to the thread(which im not). Some off the pics on here are nit picking and petty to say the least. Like a few pages back with a blue Trasit parked across 3 spots, IN AN EMPTY CAR PARK. Why bother uploading a pic like that. I mean really. The owners hardy leave it like that for long.

The reason is that the same rules apply for everybody. The fact the people above chose to obey the rules is obnoxious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

The reason is that the same rules apply for everybody. The fact the people above chose to obey the rules is obnoxious :D

They do indeed. But surly ye can park for a minute out side the shop to run in and buy a quick item. Its not like its causing anyone any problem to avoid.

Does it really need to be sneared upon on the countries biggest forum.

One should never obstruct traffic or pedestrians , but i don't see any evidence of that in those pics.

It makes an interesting thread a little moany with pics that don't seem to be a big deal.

@everyone

This is a fun thread about people who park stupidly/obnoxiously. Can we not drag it into a "clamping is illegal" or "why does thread exist?"debate?

Let's just laugh at some piss-poor parkers...

You still have to get them in and out of their car seats - not easy if you only have 6 inches to manoeuvre between you and the car beside you. ............

Ah come on now, if there was only 6 inches between cars in spaces no one would be getting in or out, let's try and stay a tiny bit realistic.

• Advertisement

gsxr1 wrote: »
    They do indeed. But surly ye can park for a minute out side the shop to run in and buy a quick item. Its not like its causing anyone any problem to avoid.

Does it really need to be sneared upon on the countries biggest forum.

One should never obstruct traffic or pedestrians , but i don't see any evidence of that in those pics.

It makes an interesting thread a little moany with pics that don't seem to be a big deal.

It wasnt for a minute - they arrived after me and left after me, but I still managed to park my car in a designated car park space. They parked in a hatched area which said "no parking"

The other cars were all parked obnoxiously as there were spaces available except they chose not to park in them

It wasnt for a minute - they arrived after me and left after me, but I still managed to park my car in a designated car park space. They parked in a hatched area which said "no parking"

The other cars were all parked obnoxiously as there were spaces available except they chose not to park in them

And certainly in relation to the first one, he is parked in a junction, pointing the wrong way and way too close to another junction. While possibly he will not cause any issues there, those are woeful habits to get into.

They're are pictures in this thread taken by people in control of cars on public roads, presumably stopped in traffic, I'd consider that highly obnoxious as well as illegal.

-Chris- wrote: »
    @everyone

This is a fun thread about people who park stupidly/obnoxiously. Can we not drag it into a "clamping is illegal" or "why does thread exist?"debate?

Let's just laugh at some piss-poor parkers...
    RoverJames wrote: »
    They're are pictures in this thread taken by people in control of cars on public roads, presumably stopped in traffic, I'd consider that highly obnoxious as well as illegal.

I think that was a pretty clear request to get back on-topic and stop questioning the point of the thread.
    Infraction given for ignoring mod-request.

The next one gets a ban, people!!

-Chris- wrote: »
    I think that was a pretty clear request to get back on-topic and stop questioning the point of the thread.
    Infraction given for ignoring mod-request.

The next one gets a ban, people!!

Pretty clear indeed, I didn't see it though, wasn't on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Obnoxious parking by an obnoxious lovely person. Friday night in Dublin, narrow street too.

DanaCar001.jpg
    DanaCar002.jpg

In the first pic there are 4 ninjas from a shady atheist organisation attempting to assassinate dearest Dana by tampering with her tyres. See if you can spot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Melion wrote: »
    Has anyone in Limerick got a picture of the primary school on the Corbally rd? I honestly couldnt fit all the cars illegally parked into one picture. Between 2.30 and 3 pm EVERY day there are at the very least 60 cars illegally parked on double yellows on both sides of the road.

Scoil íde (dunno if thats how its spelt) Absolute disaster of a place, generally people park obnoxiously on one side of the road, last week saw one woman park on double yellows on the other side. blocking the road for all but the smallest of cars, I had to sit there and wait in a van (as i couldnt fit through) but in those five minutes ive seen some driving that one would rarely witness. the woman parked on the double yellows, lost her rear light, her drivers wing mirror and some pretty damb decent scratchs on both right hand doors and rear panel. and whats worse is i honestly think from looking at the other drivers faces they had no clue that they hit or scratched anything!!

Takes all sorts eh...... :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭neris

My new offices are a gold mine for obnoxious parking, helped especially by the disabled space right outside the front door.

In the first pic the taxi apart from parking on double yellows is also blocking the entrance to the carpark for another office block where cars regularly come and go from.

In the 2nd pic the car doesnt block the entrance but cant make up his mind if he should park on diuble yellows or the disabled spot so has a go at both, but of course its ok for him hes an unmarked garda car whod probly gone into the spar next door for his brekkie roll and coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

IMG_20111028_112000.jpg
    And not a single f*uk was given that day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Superquinn blanch on sat lunchtime..place is wedged but sure im grand will just dump the car here...at a 90 degree angle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement