Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Taken in the carpark of the Holy Family School, River Valley, Swords. The car park is small and the place was busy due to the election. What do this pair decide to do... ahh yeah, you got it. Park like dopes :mad:

k9dudc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Carlow County Council are a bit more aggressive about random abandonment of cars...

"Council paints yellow lines around parked car"

CarlowYellowlines.jpg

clare-nat.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

good enough for them

Parking on the footpath is illegal and stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Caseys fuel station in Roscommon today.

377133_10150362137308682_698008681_8567824_962058372_n.jpg
    The dope on the left was there first, let his other half out and stayed in the car. The dope from "The Dealer" then parked besides him on an area that is marked up with white stripes right besides the handicap spots. Both aren't parking spots.

As you can see in the back, there are PLENTY of empty parking spots around.

This is the norm down there anyhow.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Because this space is on a corner its actually bigger than most other spaces in the car park and yet somebody manages this.

2zovy80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

ObnoxiousParking.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That parking ticket will be quietly dropped. It won't stand up in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

That parking ticket will be quietly dropped. It won't stand up in court.

unless the ticket is for parking on a footpath

Even so, councils are toothless feckers at the back of it, they don't like a fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Loveless wrote: »

I call shenanigans. Did the workers also decide to not paint on the patch (near corner behind red car) on the road surface? I suspect those lines are actually older than claimed.

And its still the footpath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

It seems that neither Carlow vocational students, nor their mothers, nor the Nationalist reporters have a clue about the Rules of the Road.
    The Carlow Vocational School student, who does not wish to be named, was left stunned by the discovery at Green Road, Carlow. The student had been regularly parking in the same spot for the past three weeks.

“She was 100% adamant that the lines weren’t there that morning,” according to her mother. “The lines were freshly painted all the way up to her car’s tyres, and to the car behind hers too. Both of the cars had parking tickets on them. They can’t do that!” she added.

“There were no signs up to say that painting was going to take place and no traffic cones – nothing – yet she got a ticket,” the angry mother explained. “They should have put signs up and certainly not have given out tickets.”

http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/tabId/369/itemId/12288/Council-paints-yellow-lines-around-parked-car.aspx
    I wonder whether any of them would be stunned by what they might discover here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Since the lines did not continue under her car, she could argue that she wasn't actually parked on them.;)

Since the lines did not continue under her car, she could argue that she wasn't actually parked on them.;)
    Indeed. Unless it was for code 8 parking in a manner prohibited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

pa990 wrote: »
    unless the ticket is for parking on a footpath

It was, and it stands. Good for Carlow Co Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Even so, councils are toothless feckers at the back of it, they don't like a fight.

How woudl there be a fight? The car is quite obviously parked on a footpath. Cant see any way of the owner appealing

How woudl there be a fight? The car is quite obviously parked on a footpath. Cant see any way of the owner appealing
    They can always appeal. Who said they would win? ;)

Many councils will fold if someone goes the distance. Cost effective to allow the odd ticket slide than waste a lot of time and money fighting it in the courts where a contrary judge might let the person off.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They can always appeal. Who said they would win? ;)

Its as open and shut as it gets. Theres photo evidence in the press to boot. Absolutely no grounds for appeal and the council should tear up any appeal and bin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Keep the chat for another thread, more pics please.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Corolla almost taking up two spaces in DCU car park. I still managed to sqeeze my polo in though!

6305821837_f629d34071_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭redlead

It's also quite likely that your polo is now sporting a big scratch on your passenger door as a reward for your efforts :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Who is to say the Corolla had not been parked properly and the others parked around it and you're the one blocking him now;):p

I jest though, but check your car when you get back:)

choons wrote: »
    Corolla almost taking up two spaces in DCU car park. I still managed to sqeeze my polo in though!

The sensible thing would have been to reverse in so your passenger side was close to the passenger side of the Opel (think it's an Opel) estate, allowing reasonable space for both you and the Corolla driver to get in and out of the driver's doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

EPM wrote: »
    Who is to say the Corolla had not been parked properly and the others parked around it and you're the one blocking him now;):p

I jest though, but check your car when you get back:)

If that car park is still the same as when I used it then those particular spaces aren't marked. Good chance that the corolla is actually an innocent victim! ....... Doubt it though!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

180102.jpg

Went with the missus to the airport last night to pick her parents up and spotted this muppet in a Punto in the short term carpark taking up two spaces. My lady has her licence years but only got a car in the last 5 months or so. If she can park her small car in between the lines I can't fathom why someone else in an equally small car can't.

I was dead chuffed with her for parking it right on her first attempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

choons wrote: »

6305821837_f629d34071_z.jpg

In my opinion, 2 wrongs don't make a right and I find your parking pretty obnoxious tbh.

Bashed in doors all round as a result of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Rathfarnham shopping centre earlier

imag0035z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was dead chuffed with her for parking it right on her first attempt!

Nah, should have reversed in. Makes it easier to get out. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement