Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Poor quailty pic but yes, it is parked there. Its ok, they are in the mart :rolleyes:

ScreenHunter_03_Nov_03_2252.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Nice bit on bbc Prog tonight, Britain on the fiddle. Accompanying council staff checking people's disabled parking passes were valid. Plenty weren't, and they confronted a number of them on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Rathfarnham shopping centre earlier

imag0035z.jpg
    Part of the problem is that the spaces are ridiculously small. If the focus facing towards the picture had parked in the lines, then the driver wouldn't have been able to get out, so they left a margin for them to open their door, but they're already into the next space. Then the car next to it had to do something similar, and the next one, just compounding the issue. (Ok, I'm assuming the spaces filled up from left to right, it just looks that way to me). The g0bshite who specified the width of the spaces is the obnoxious one, in my opinion. If the slots where 25% bigger (fitting in 4 cars where previously there were 5) then the problem would be reduced considerably. (Yes, there will always be some tossers that will park arseways, but most normal drivers will be able to park without having to squeeze out of their doors). Cars are generally bigger now, but most car parks dont reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

in Whitewater, Newbridge, hundreds of parking spaces available and this plonker parks on the pedestrian route, obviously to get as close to the door as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Yakuza wrote: »
    Part of the problem is that the spaces are ridiculously small.

Not that small.. I used to work there and i shop there a bit and never had a problem keeping within a space.... The real problem is the obnoxiousness of the people parking their cars!!!

That places is full of useless drivers.. Sure an old one tried to drive over the little wall at the edge of the car park out onto the road one day.. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

choons wrote: »
    Corolla almost taking up two spaces in DCU car park. I still managed to sqeeze my polo in though!

6305821837_f629d34071_z.jpg

but, where's the markings:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

180176.jpg

Kings Inns Street yesterday. He stood out a mile as most people don't park on that section of street but rather on the cinema side. He was there for a good few minutes too.

Kings Inns Street on Google Maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

German plates also. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

in Whitewater, Newbridge, hundreds of parking spaces available and this plonker parks on the pedestrian route, obviously to get as close to the door as possible

Thought it was me, I parked like an arse today :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Yakuza wrote: »
    Part of the problem is that the spaces are ridiculously small. If the focus facing towards the picture had parked in the lines, then the driver wouldn't have been able to get out, so they left a margin for them to open their door, but they're already into the next space. Then the car next to it had to do something similar, and the next one, just compounding the issue. (Ok, I'm assuming the spaces filled up from left to right, it just looks that way to me). The g0bshite who specified the width of the spaces is the obnoxious one, in my opinion. If the slots where 25% bigger (fitting in 4 cars where previously there were 5) then the problem would be reduced considerably. (Yes, there will always be some tossers that will park arseways, but most normal drivers will be able to park without having to squeeze out of their doors). Cars are generally bigger now, but most car parks dont reflect this.

It's the first focus, far left, facing shops that's part of the issue. Right on the line, then focus two comes along and leaves a gap to get out comfortably. Far too much in my opinion. He's over on the passenger side by a little more than a tyre width, had he parked in within the lines he would have still been able to get out, albeit uncomfortably. But with just a tyre and a bit over the line the problem gets worse as it goes along.

That car park in particular is terribly laid out and full of idiots at the best of times but the spaces are standard sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

[
    Kings Inns Street yesterday. He stood out a mile as most people don't park on that section of street but rather on the cinema side. He was there for a good few minutes too.

I'd forgive him this time as 1)The car's a beauty and 2)He's still in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What's the green N plate about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Beer Baron wrote: »
    What's the green N plate about?

I park like a Nob end :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

German plates also. :mad:

This one?

DL = Deutsch Land? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CrazyMark

first time visiting the crescent shopping centre in limerick, saw this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CrazyMark wrote: »
    first time visiting the crescent shopping centre in limerick, saw this

That's just impressive actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

At least they are offroading :)

D9DFAC6932A3425CA60B615C5A237148-0000314346-0002621830-00800L-E3B2676DFF8C4CEDAF5D1B51DB7E3E3F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

The first pic a granny parked in the disabled space but no badge. Didnt think age was a disability but if it was you still need the little blue card.

The 2nd pic another car parked in the same disabled place without the blue card. and parked right in front is dublin parking tow away truck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Manor Mills (Dunnes) in Maynooth last week:
    dsc00087xs.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

neris wrote: »
    Didnt think age was a disability but if it was you still need the little blue card.
    Does a blue rinse not count? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Just downloaded a few from phone.
    Reg No's are:
    05d45444
    98d41240
    LE04XNX
    02D68939

http://flic.kr/p/aCTHRD
    http://flic.kr/p/aCXzBq
    http://flic.kr/p/aCTHPB
    http://flic.kr/p/aCXzym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The RR is the very definition of obnoxious parking. That pic should be printed and displayed in the window of every shop in his/her locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

A car being advertised for sale by Pat Barron Motors at Terenure Road crossroads. Note the position of the footpath relative to the right wheels, this tells you how much of the footpath remained for pedestrians

photo123456444.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

More muppetry. Blocking a pedestrian crossing with plenty of nearby spaces and room either side of the crossing:

a2c03579-ddfb-47ef-bd12-2bf39183b6df.jpg

fd18c9ff-a256-4e1f-9122-30760e329150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Seasoft,

You know well that you could sit at that spot outside Tesco for hours on end every weekend and fill an entire server full of photos like these. Yet Tesco (or whoever owns the car park) do nothing about it.
    Drives be bananas at times trying to get around that spot. That's why I maily use the under ground car park - which still has muppets who can't just use ONE space.

Four vehicles parked in a busy loading bay during its hours of operation. Only the white van on the right, just in picture, had a commercial tax disc.

Loading-Bay-OPs.jpg

Truck obstructing a footpath beside a busy 60 km/h road.

08-WW-2208.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

2F1582C1D5A14BA6BB598A10DDED860E-0000314346-0002624992-00800L-FEB89F60B1354F8B83158CF71EBAE296.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

Borderfox wrote: »
    2F1582C1D5A14BA6BB598A10DDED860E-0000314346-0002624992-00800L-FEB89F60B1354F8B83158CF71EBAE296.jpg

I wonder did the driver discard his used coffee cup when getting out of his big bus :(

Bus-Stop-OP.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Was there really any need to pull in the wing mirror?
    Borderfox wrote: »

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement