Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Stingray wrote: »
    Was there really any need to pull in the wing mirror?

I would imagine they are automatic when you turn off the ignition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

tpcar.jpg?f22064

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What an ignoramus!

307149_10150394272639491_740514490_8112525_248861211_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Alzy wrote: »
    I wonder did the driver discard his used coffee cup when getting out of his big bus :(

Pure speculation :) That car park is so bad for parking

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Are we just restricted to cars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What an ignoramus!

307149_10150394272639491_740514490_8112525_248861211_n.jpg

c**t more like. Where is that? Also, I have in the past, noticed people taking up at least 3 disabled parking spaces, by parking across them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

c**t more like. Where is that? Also, I have in the past, noticed people taking up at least 3 disabled parking spaces, by parking across them.

Tesco Coonagh Cross, Limerick.

Always a hotspot for terrible parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Robbo wrote: »
    That's really nasty parking in an area where it can be difficult to walk around as it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I wonder how an obnoxious parking thread relating just to bikes would go down in the cycling forum? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I wonder how an obnoxious parking thread relating just to bikes would go down in the cycling forum? :)
    Probably just fine, there's little sympathy for red light jumpers and aggressive cyclists over there. As a cycling advocate, cyclists who behave illegally/badly reflect poorly on the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tesco Coonagh Cross, Limerick.

Always a hotspot for terrible parking.

Disabled spaces always near full with cars and never one disabled person(I stand to be corrected) within the store. Usually just lazy c*nts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Disabled spaces always near full with cars and never one disabled person(I stand to be corrected) within the store. Usually just lazy c*nts.
    Wait til Christmas and it's V8 petrol Range Rovers parked in every disabled spot in Limerick... Not that I'd likes to be caught taking photos by the owners;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Disabled spaces always near full with cars and never one disabled person(I stand to be corrected) within the store. Usually just lazy ignorant, disrespectful(I could go on)c*nts.

Fixxed that for ya.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ciotog wrote: »
    That's really nasty parking in an area where it can be difficult to walk around as it is.
    Never helped either by the constant presence of the West Ireland Cycling van parked up on the pavement around the corner.

Avensis.

WHY?

On a Hatched area put there to stop people blocking the door. The space to the left could fit two cars FFS!! :confused:

2bd887e2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I have in the past, noticed people taking up at least 3 disabled parking spaces, by parking across them.

They all think they're Homer Simpson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Honey-ec wrote: »
    They all think they're Homer Simpson.
    Hey leave me out of it, I'm no obnoxious parker :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Avensis.

WHY?

On a Hatched area put there to stop people blocking the door. The space to the left could fit two cars FFS!! :confused:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/2bd887e2.jpg

Guess he was once the kid who dropped his bike right in the sweet-shop door so no-one could get in or out. Old habits die hard!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

30tpesl.jpg4kk036.jpg302yxif.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

snubbleste wrote: »
    30tpesl.jpg

To be fair I think he is just trying to stop the bottle of Corona from spilling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Plonked on a yellow box (cant really see it in the photo but the box continues under the car, just worn down)
    photo0392r.jpg
    This one just threw the car there and went off! The car you see on the right is on a yellow box
    photo0400e.jpg

This car was just left like this for no reason in NUIM carpark, there was room for it to go into the space but it was just left infront of the space!
    photo0451.jpg
    photo0452j.jpg

3 Cars in this one! The SUV is parked partially in the Disabled spot, The Hyundai is parked in a disabled spot and so is the golf!
    photo0469v.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Park_Anywhere_Button_1929.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

15022104091cffdbe42154ff64d6eb338fb7d643.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

That path is too narrow for a buggy or wheelchair, so the obnoxiousness is moot. Where are the nearest bike racks, btw?

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I wonder how an obnoxious parking thread relating just to bikes would go down in the cycling forum?

ciotog wrote: »
    Probably just fine, there's little sympathy for red light jumpers and aggressive cyclists over there. As a cycling advocate, cyclists who behave illegally/badly reflect poorly on the rest of us.

When bike parking is provided equivalent to that enjoyed by motorists then by all means have a go at cyclists. Mind you, there's no short of pedal-pushing OPs -- I even have a few pix of them myself... ;)

snubbleste wrote: »

That last one is unusual, no? Was it during the recent match in Pearse Stadium (which reportedly featured the usual footpath-thieving free-for-all and turning of blind eyes by enforcers)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Prison van obstructing footpath and dished kerb yesterday.

Taking-no-prisoners.jpg

Same location yesterday. When saving this jpeg I discovered that 05-D-19087 was parked in the exact same spot several months ago. Clearly there is absolutely no effective enforcement taking place on this very busy pedestrian route. It is also evident that the word "obnoxious" has to include those enforcers who wilfully ignore the safety and comfort of vulnerable road users, including infants and disabled people.

05-D-19087-again.jpg

05-D-19087-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

^^ Thats a disgrace. At least leave a note under a wiper.
    Even better, print those pictures and leave them under a wiper next time.

• Advertisement

^^ Thats a disgrace. At least leave a note under a wiper.

Even better, print those pictures and leave them under a wiper next time.

They are shameless, and I might get done for littering!

A while back, when in that vicinity, I politely mentioned to a member of the law enforcing community that there was a car blocking the fire exit of a primary school. His response was to say "I'm not going to do anything about it" and "you'd want to watch yourself". IIRC he may also have said "there are no double yellow lines there", as we stood talking near some DYLs. Sometimes I just engage them in these conversations solely to hear the hilarious guff they come out with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement